Which Tyler

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bath
Wk2a.jpg
After last weekend's experience, I'm thinking of splitting the matches by the day, so that you don't have to have watched all 6 matches before considering the thread safe for spoilers.

For Saturday, I'll try a separate thread for France v England, which is the most reasonable time, and most likely to have conversation around it.

No spoilers for the other matches please.

Last edited:
Tight game so far; aus all the ball it seems but good defence by scotland, good kicking for territory, and good mauling. Wallabies look ok, but will they have the fitness to make a comeback?

Scotland deserved a draw I reckon; defended hard all game, did so well with no ball at all

Just settling down to watch the recording of game 1 - I'll watch game 2 later.

15 minutes in, and Scotland better with the ball, Aus defence generally looking more organised, set piece looks pretty level.

Scotland ahead in the board, and deservedly so - so far

30 minutes, Scotland well on top at the moment.
Aus had come back into things with their power runners, but Scotland keeping them mostly outside the 22.
Then Aussie yellow and PT for sacking the maul, and a brilliant clearance kick by Scotland just now.

Scotland looking comfortable at the moment, and should be so for the rest of the half.
Still too many handling errors though, and Aus have shown an area to exploit, so have something to work on at HT.

HT and Aus did well to slow play during the yellow, and didn't give away any points.
Still making good ground with power runners, but Scotland still looking comfortable, but still fumbling the ball too much.
Is that a dislocation for the Scots FB? Never good to see gas & air on the pitch

Aus actually getting some territory this last 10 min.

Last edited:
54 min.
Similar to the end of the first half - Aus building pressure, but not converting it yet.
1 nasty late tackle, but just a penalty.
Can really see the wind here, now into Scottish faces, which explains some of the territory difference first half.

Scots by 2 scores feels fair, but an Assie try is feeling inevitable for the first time.

67 min
Aus definitely on top here, looks like Scotland are tiring, having to over-resiurce the tighter areas now, and leaving the odd gap wider out.
With 11 to go and 1 score in it - it's feeling ominous. Need a momentum swing. Scotland certainly not out of it (ahead on the score board) but I don't think they can hold out from here.

Aus definitely the more... abrasive.

ETA - Aus get away with that one, Yellow IMO, but there's enough there that it's not a "bad" decision.

Bugger.

Try was always coming, good kick by Cramer.

There's time for Scot to come back, but it would be against the run of play now.

Red makes it interesting agaiin.

So close to avoiding head on head, but doesn't, so straight red, no real question about it. If she'd kept her head 2" to the right, then nothing much in it - but she didn't.

Well played Aus, nothing in it over the 80, just a matter of where the tries were scored, and Scots had one in the corner that couldn't be kicked, Aus had both of theirs infield.

Scotland exceeded expectations.

We really should have played Japan better. Worried about the Canada match. Luckily our class showed itself in the last 30 minutes.

Latest posts