• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

3 Wishes for Next Season

The ability to keep more than 6 first team players fit for a season (Blues).
The ability to keep at least 1 centre fit for a season (Wales)

If your pack going to be up to standard do you think?
I think so.

In Hibbard and Afoa, I think we have the best hooker and tighthead in the league. Hibbard might go missing a bit with international duty, but Afoa won't. With Woodman pulling together our scrum in the way he has, I think we'll be a force in the scrum. At the very least, no team will push us around as they have done. The fortunes of the second row depend imo on Stooke. If he improves at the rate he has, add the extra pre-season, and he could quickly become a fantastic player worthy of any top 4 team. With Hudson, Palmer and Galarza, there is quality in depth and talent for once for Gloucester. As for the back row, there is enough depth that we aren't really depending on any one player to be in form. Savage, Kalamafoni, Morgan, Evans, Kvesic and soon Moriarty - pick the form three and you've got a good back row. I'm actually more apprehensive about our backline. Brilliant in attack, but there needs to be a massive step up in defence. Defence has to be absolutely drilled into this team over summer. If done well, I think we'll see a different Gloucester next season.

Last edited:
I think you're right <_<... But I'd be happy enough if Munster or Leinster won it (but it'll be a Toulon hat-rick imo)

dude, they haven't even won two in a row yet. It sounds slow and redundant, and you want to tell me "cut the crap", and we all know Toulon will at least get two in a row, but in sports we just never ever know. Imagine the Saracens play out of their skins and win this weekend, who the fk would've predicted the Saracens would win the Heineken Cup at the end of last season ? They're in the final, therefor have a chance.
Don't forget Wilko's out and they have a few significant changes, do Toulon. I'm not teaching you here, but I'm just saying: nobody can even start touching on next season. Absolute question mark.

For Glasgow.

1. Sign up Hogg on a new contract.
2. A better European campaign than previous years.
3. The continued development of players such as Jonny Gray (Rugby World Magazine young player of the year), Finn Russell and Mark Bennett.

Ospreys

1. Improve skills. It doesn't matter if it's passed out to the backs or the forwards rumble it up, there always seem to be stupid unnecessary knock ons.
2. Rely less on the forwards, or evolve the teams style. This is going to have to happen because of the ageing and exile of our top international forwards.
3. More variety in attack. To be fair there aren't too many world class threats in the backline but at least try and do something different there.
4. Intensity and consistency. Seem to have really fired up on days and then pathetic off days.
5. New head coach and attack/backs coach.

1 - Improve scrum, somehow. I hate supporting a team with a weak scrum...ffs Census, you're huge-gantic. Make an effort, ya fat fk....

2 - Emphasis on attacking a bit more this year: Toulouse looked great on attack every so often last year, so the potential's in fact there. Why not emphasize on that and make it a real weapon ? They've got the names, and hopefully Flood activates that backline.

3 - Consistency: ffs Toulouse...please, PLEASE no more losses to Connacht...at home....during the H Cup. Please, no more 50 point shippings in H Cup elimination stages to teams that have about 40% your talent on paper. Put in the heart, I know it's a terribly long season, but pleaaase show consistency in commitment.

Ospreys time.

1. Learn to draw and pass. It's honestly not that hard. If our XV could fix a man, we'd shoot up the league table.
2. Eli Walker to stay fit and continue his journey into a Shane Williams-beater. Ashley Beck to also really kick on, it's about time.
3. Some consistency, and not just in our ability to lose tight games.

Ospreys time.

1. Learn to draw and pass. It's honestly not that hard. If our XV could fix a man, we'd shoot up the league table.
2. Eli Walker to stay fit and continue his journey into a Shane Williams-beater. Ashley Beck to also really kick on, it's about time.

if you need to learn how to draw, mug and old lady and get in the same prison as Rolf Harris apparently he's quite good at drawing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ospreys time.

I originally thought Beck would be a 12, but now I think I'd rather see him at 13 with some good ball given to him. Can move well, imagine if he had a Henson to put him in space, or Roberts to suck in defense. He needs a good injury-free run (as does Walker, he has looked promising when given time)

for edinburgh my three wishes are:

1.) buy Tom Heathcote for 10 since edinburgh only have one 10 for next season i hope the target heathcote

2.) Sean Kennedy to start at 9 for edinburgh

3.) make Meggetland Sports Complex they're main home stadium instead off murrayfield (bt stadium)
one off my wishes came true. lets see if my other 2 come

I originally thought Beck would be a 12, but now I think I'd rather see him at 13 with some good ball given to him. Can move well, imagine if he had a Henson to put him in space, or Roberts to suck in defense. He needs a good injury-free run (as does Walker, he has looked promising when given time)

He has the skill and distribution to go alongside his natural flair for beating defenders and riding tackles that should make him a top-class player. As it is, he's a Heineken Cup level player, but no further yet. I agree, he needs to develop a partnership with someone more able than Andrew Bishop (I like The Bish, but he's hardly the most thrilling player to watch). Roberts, Henson, Davies... Even Scott Williams, I could see the pair of them creating a lot of space for each other.

Latest posts