3rd Bledisloe Cup Match 27/10/2018 Yokohama

Brigantine

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Japan

Have they announced the teams yet? All I heard is 3 of the AB squad have been released to play for the World XV against Japan tomorrow instead.

geostar

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

New Zealand:
15 Damian McKenzie
14 Ben Smith
13 Ryan Crotty
12 Sonny Bill Williams
11 Rieko Ioane
10 Beauden Barrett
9 TJ Perenara
8 Kieran Read (c)
7 Ardie Savea
6 Liam Squire
5 Scott Barrett
4 Samuel Whitelock
3 Owen Franks
2 Codie Taylor
1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Brodie Retallick, 20 Matt Todd, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Richie Mo’unga, 23 Anton Lienert-Brown

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Australia: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Sefa Naivalu, 13 Israel Folau, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 David Pocock, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Izack Rodda, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Folau Faingaa, 1 Scott Sio

Replacements (one to be omitted): 16 Tolu Latu, 17 Sekope Kepu, 18 Taniela Tupou, 19 Rory Arnold, 20 Jack Dempsey, 21 Pete Samu, 22 Nick Phipps, 23 Samu Kerevi, 24 Tom Banks

TommiG88

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

How the hell is that a yellow?

Jabby

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Not sure I would have given it but I can’t see how it’s a surprise, they’ve given yellows for a face rub in he bottom of a ruck, they’re definitely going to give one for an open handed blow to the face

TommiG88

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Not sure I would have given it but I can’t see how it’s a surprise, they’ve given yellows for a face rub in he bottom of a ruck, they’re definitely going to give one for an open handed blow to the face
Even the NZ commentators disagreed with the card. Penalty at most, would have been a talking to 5 years ago.

It’s ruined the final 15mins of a good game, although the Wallabies haven’t helped themselves.

Jabby

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

As I say, don’t necessarily agree with it but it’s been that way for a couple of season, I would say a smack to the face has always been a penalty though

The_Blindside

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Caught some of the second half. Yeah agree not a yellow card for me.

Last edited:

FrenchFan

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulouse

Not a yellow for me but it didn't decide the outcome of game. This is what you get with PC wankology now ruling the game.

Thought i was watching SR. Empty stadium. No atmosphere. The best nation + one of the biggest rivalry in world and they still can't fill a stadium in the country picked to host the RWC.

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Soft yellow. Stupid thing to do at the same time, you know you're running the risk of one with trigger happy refs these days.

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

Thought i was watching SR. Empty stadium. No atmosphere. The best nation + one of the biggest rivalry in world and they still can't fill a stadium in the country picked to host the RWC.
46,000+, a record crowd for a rugby test in Japan and all for a dead rubber friendly involving two foreign sides that an international rugby fan like myself had zero interest in.

I'm a sour-puss at the best of times but I think that you are being a little harsh.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ive-coverage/17b2bd987ccf432a842fbdb8c745ec79

FrenchFan

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

France

Club or Nation

Toulouse

46,000+, a record crowd for a rugby test in Japan and all for a dead rubber friendly involving two foreign sides that an international rugby fan like myself had zero interest in.

I'm a sour-puss at the best of times but I think that you are being a little harsh.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...ive-coverage/17b2bd987ccf432a842fbdb8c745ec79
the stadium holds close to 80K. So it is half empty. And there was zero atmosphere in that stadium. Funeral parlour. Predictable result. Yawn.

Last edited:

Zapphod

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

I guess someone has to be the dissenting voice but the yellow card was petty much the refs only call given the rules.

It may be a bad law but it is the law and players know it so really the only bad call in that result was made by the Australian.

Brigantine

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Japan

Wait until Japan vs All Blacks next weekend. If there are empty seats there, heads will roll.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

I guess someone has to be the dissenting voice but the yellow card was petty much the refs only call given the rules.

It may be a bad law but it is the law and players know it so really the only bad call in that result was made by the Australian.
I agree with that,
Not a fan of Poite but if you're gonna palm someone in the face, in this era, you're gonna be off the pitch.

mania

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Samoa

Koroibete Was awesome