The 4 most impressive sides are in the semi-finals
Thrillingly close games
Never know quite what to expect

Bad:

England's early exit
Welsh and Irish injuries
No NH sides in the semis
No Japan in the quarters
The attitude of fans towards other teams/the ref/their own players - not all fans, but a number of vocal ones.

Good:

The gap between tier 1 and tier 2 nations isn't as large
Japan
The 4 most impressive sides are in the semi-finals
Thrillingly close games
Never know quite what to expect

Bad:

England's early exit
Welsh and Irish injuries
No NH sides in the semis
No Japan in the quarters
The attitude of fans towards other teams/the ref/their own players - not all fans, but a number of vocal ones.

Especially agree with your last point, although you are always going to get banter towards other teams it has gone to far on occasion, what for me is worse is the lack of respect for kickers when some morons at some games have jeered and booed whilst the kicker is going through the pre kick ritual and even worse the disrespect shown at times when Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and New Zealand do the respective war dances.

GOOD

Japan
Georgia
Romania
Uraguay
Milner Scudder

BAD

Stuart Hogg
Whinging Fans
Stuart Hogg
Ticket Prices
Stuart Hogg

Oh dear , the neanderthals from the valleys are still managing to keep up their visions of the Lost World ! Come back JPR - we need you !

Good
1. The crowds
2. Competitiveness of tier 2 nations / no blow-out scores
3. Japan
4. Great defence especially (Aussies vs Wales with 13 men)
5. First Southern Hemisphere semi-finals ever

Bad

1. France out :rolleyes: (although they never stood a chance)
2. TMO
3. England team
4. World Rugby statement regarding Craig Joubert
5. Fiji going home early

Oh dear , the neanderthals from the valleys are still managing to keep up their visions of the Lost World ! Come back JPR - we need you !

What does that stupid comment mean, it has no relevance to my comments, or is it an out of context pop at my Hogg reference.
To be honest if you are a rugby fan and you are not both disgusted and embarrassed by Hoggs Soccer style antics V the Boks then I suggest you aren't a true rugby fan, if any Welsh player had committed that heinous act of unsportsmanship then I and most Wales fans would be urging the management to drop him and never let him wear the jersey again.

What does that stupid comment mean, it has no relevance to my comments, or is it an out of context pop at my Hogg reference.
To be honest if you are a rugby fan and you are not both disgusted and embarrassed by Hoggs Soccer style antics V the Boks then I suggest you aren't a true rugby fan, if any Welsh player had committed that heinous act of unsportsmanship then I and most Wales fans would be urging the management to drop him and never let him wear the jersey again.

Get real sunshine !

Oh my, is this an ongoing Welsh-Scottish thing I'm not familiar with?

GOOD
The games - so many thrillers, astonishing quality
Japan
England out
Offensive play - a real treat for Top 14 followers, maybe the usual for Super 15 fans
Cheery crowds

BAD
Unfair schedule
Injuries (Wales)
France (also, why in red??)
TMO - easy pick
Disciplinary committee/lottery - again, lacking transparency and clarity

Generally we get on really well with the Scots, there is sadly the odd exception, however i'm not going to get drawn into a war of insults so will restrain myself from anymore comments.

On a positive note all the best to Argentina in the semi, they are another good thing to come out of this WC, they have often performed well at World Cups but have until now been one dimensional, they have however transformed into a complete side, well coached exciting 15 man rugby and have reached the semis completely on merit.

Generally we get on really well with the Scots, there is sadly the odd exception, however i'm not going to get drawn into a war of insults so will restrain myself from anymore comments.

On a positive note all the best to Argentina in the semi, they are another good thing to come out of this WC, they have often performed well at World Cups but have until now been one dimensional, they have however transformed into a complete side, well coached exciting 15 man rugby and have reached the semis completely on merit.

Ah stop it the pair of you, petty squabbling over nothing.

if you think hooper is ugly theres something wrong with me, ima straight guy but damn that guy is a good looking fella

You're right.

There is something wrong with you.

Morning everyone :) I used to post regularly in sportal but the rugby forum has died a slow death there. Glad to finally back amongst some fellow tragics.

Good -

Japan playing very well
That the rugby has generally been very entertaining to watch
Argentina have improved on weaknesses
ABs strategy has worked thus far

Bad -
Media being annoying, very negative about ABs before playing France
Pools could be drawn differently, like how Fifa World Cup/Euro/Champions League etc. do theirs.
Samoa and Tonga getting no good results, Fiji unlucky
Officiating and World Rugby stance on Joubert
NH rugby has been pretty disappointing outside of Wales beating England and Scotland coming close to beating Australia.

Latest posts