Plus, some replacements:

16. Hartley (England)
17. Hayes (Ireland)
18. O'Connell (Ireland)
19. Easter (England)
20. Parra (France)
21. Wilkinson (England)
22. O'Driscoll (Ireland)

John Beattie and Martyn Williams had good games also.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who would you go for? Personally:

1. Domingo (France)
2. Servat (France)
3. Jones (Wales)
4. Cullen (Ireland)
5. Borthwick (England)
6. Haskell (England)
7. Wallace (Ireland)
8. Harinordoquy (France)
9. Care (England)

10. Trinh-Duc (France)
11. Lamont (Scotland)
12. Jauzion (France)
13. Bastareaud (France)
14. Clerc (France)
15. Poitrenaud (France)

Plus, some replacements:

16. Hartley (England)
17. Hayes (Ireland)
18. O'Connell (Ireland)
19. Easter (England)
20. Parra (France)
21. Wilkinson (England)
22. O'Driscoll (Ireland)

John Beattie and Martyn Williams had good games also.[/b]

Pretty much my team too!

1. Domingo (France)
2. Hartley (England)
3. Jones (Wales)
4. Cullen (Ireland)
5. Borthwick (England)
6. Haskell (England)
7. Wallace (Ireland)
8. Harinordoquy (France)

9. Care (England)
10. Wilkinson (England)

11. Lamont (Scotland)
12. D'Arcy (Ireland)
13. Bastareaud (France)
14. Monye (England)
15. Poitrenaud (France)

16. Servat (France)
17. Mas (France)
18. O'Connell (Ireland)
19. Beattie/Easter (Scotland/England)
20. Parra (France)
21. O'Gara (Ireland)
22. Tait (England)

Some of them were not that good (Wilko, ROG, Monye, Parra, Tait...) but there is not too many choice in the backs.

Paul O'Connell should be in first 15 surely and Nick Easter unlucky also but accurate enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hi, I'm English and I think there should be 22 Englishmen[/b]
Hi, I'm Irish and I think there should be 22 Irishmen[/b]

Hi, I'm French and I think there should be 22 Frenchists[/b]
Hi, I'm Welsh and I think there should be 22 <strike>Welshm...</strike> I don't care...[/b]

Hook anyone? his try was immense and he was one of the most creative players on the field at twickenham

Who Cares? All that is important is that I was right about Leo Cullen and everyone else was wrong. Fantastic weekend :D

Only 4 frogs for me, for 6 englishmen.  B)

Hook wasn't very impressive until his try IMO, I'm not convinced with him at 13. What happened to the good old (and very ugly) Tom Shanklin ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Feb 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Only 4 frogs for me, for 6 englishmen. B)

Hook wasn't very impressive until his try IMO, I'm not convinced with him at 13. What happened to the good old (and very ugly) Tom Shanklin ?

[/b][/quote]
Eh? Apart from his two missed penalties (no idea why he took them as he doesn't kick for the Ospreys), Hook was immense. Wales' midfield was solid defensively, and Hook made quite a few nice breaks. He set up what should have been a try for Tom James, and scored that great try himslef. I'd be inclined to put him in the team in front of Basteraud (obvious bias), because Basteraud was nowhere to be seen in the second half today.

Tom Shanklin is past it. Not playing well, and plays even worse outside Roberts. Shanklin needs Henson to perform at the highest level, has never been as good without him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 7 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who would you go for? Personally:

1. Domingo (France)
2. Servat (France)
3. Jones (Wales)
4. Cullen (Ireland)
5. Borthwick (England)
6. Haskell (England)
7. Wallace (Ireland)
8. Harinordoquy (France)
9. Care (England)

10. Trinh-Duc (France)
11. Lamont (Scotland)
12. Jauzion (France)
13. Bastareaud (France)
14. Clerc (France)
15. Poitrenaud (France)

Plus, some replacements:

16. Hartley (England)
17. Hayes (Ireland)
18. O'Connell (Ireland)
19. Easter (England)
20. Parra (France)
21. Wilkinson (England)
22. O'Driscoll (Ireland)

John Beattie and Martyn Williams had good games also.[/b]

Agree almost entirely; I'd move MB to 12 and have BOD at 13. Also, Hartley can come out for Szarzewski. Sorry, but Servat is the only hooker deserving of a mention this week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 8 2010, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Luke McClean at 15 and Hook at 12/13 are good shouts.[/b]

I agree, especially seeing that the worlds 2 best Fullbacks (Byrne and Kearney) didnt play as well as they usually do, and I didnt think Poitrenoit was really that good either. McClean did very well considering jow under pressure his team was, and how crap some of his team mates were kicking! Hook had a great game at 13, and I think it's a very good position for him, looking forward to seeing him in action vs Scotland :D .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Feb 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Only 4 frogs for me, for 6 englishmen.  B)

[/b][/quote]

Your joking right?

Hook was our real source of creativity. Jerry Guscott was pretty correct in saying that it's he, not Shane Williams, that is the most likely player in Wales' backline to cause problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (david0404 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hook anyone? his try was immense and he was one of the most creative players on the field at twickenham[/b]

Hook at 12. He seemed the best of the rest for centres. BOD had a few moments too. Jauzion was rubbish compared to Evans , and looked way past it. Surely he's only getting into the squad due to all the injuries.

1. Domingo (France)
2. Anyone but Williams
3. Jones (Wales)
4. Cullen (Ireland)
5. Borthwick (England)
6. Haskell (England)
7. Williams (Wales)/Wallace (Ireland)
8. Jones (Wales) (Though I am slightly bias, and didn't really pay attention to any other 8s. Heaslip fell asleep after his try.)

9. Care (England)
10. O'Gara (Ireland)

11. Lamont (Scotland)
12. Bastareaud (France)
13. Hook (Wales)
14. Monye (England)
15. Poitrenaud (France)

Probaly worth noting I wasn't paying too much attention to the France-Scotland game, (Only caught the end and the highlights, as I was in the cinema watching Invictus through msot of it) so I'm basing much of it on what others have said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Feb 8 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
8. Jones (Wales) (Though I am slightly bias, and didn't really pay attention to any other 8s. Heaslip fell asleep after his try.)

Probaly worth noting I wasn't paying too much attention to the France-Scotland game, (Only caught the end and the highlights, as I was in the cinema watching Invictus through msot of it) so I'm basing much of it on what others have said.[/b]

Harinordoquy was immense. So many turnovers and would've scored two for the Scots abysmal scrum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tracy1990 @ Feb 8 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Feb 8 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probaly worth noting I wasn't paying too much attention to the France-Scotland game, (Only caught the end and the highlights, as I was in the cinema watching Invictus through msot of it) so I'm basing much of it on what others have said.[/b]

Harinordoquy was immense. So many turnovers and would've scored two for the Scots abysmal scrum.
[/b][/quote]
Alright, then he can go in.

Harinordoquy is one of those players that always seems to be forgotten. Over the last 10 years he and Parisse have been, by far, the best number 8s in the World. Wonderful player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 7 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Feb 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only 4 frogs for me, for 6 englishmen. B)

[/b][/quote]

Tom Shanklin is past it. Not playing well, and plays even worse outside Roberts. Shanklin needs Henson to perform at the highest level, has never been as good without him.
[/b][/quote]

Wrong again. Shanklin is not past it, he is doing a solid job for the Blues so he aint past it! He is a good squad player for Wales. Change the record about Shanklin.

Latest posts