Selection Price

No Grand Slam Winner 4/6
France 11/2
England 6/1
Ireland 7/1
Wales 8/1
Scotland 80/1
Italy 500/1

So everyone (apart from Scotland and Italy) is in a good shout. Sounds fair.

*Awaits for Irish & Welsh members to gang-rape thread and tell everyone how wonderful their national teams are...*

Not too good with odds, but France favorites to win and England second?
Slightly surprised at that, i would've thought
Wales, Ireland, England, France, Scotland, Italy

I think I'll wait till after the autumn before passing any judgement. What I can say is that Scotland and Italy won't get a Grand Slam/ win the competition, and Ireland are the best side in Europe at the moment.

However, in the 6 Nations especially, being the best side often means very little because there are so many mavericks. France are capable of beating anyone when they want to, and losing to anyone as well. And the other rivalries are so intense that the minute someone becomes an underdog, it's when they're at their most dangerous. Wales have won 2 Grand Slams in recent years with precious little achievement elsewhere, just as an example of the surprising nature of the competition. England came 2nd last year in spite of the fact that they went into 3 of the games thinking a close defeat would be a good result.

The 6N is no good for a betting man.

Very surprised at us being favorites. Maybe our relatively good summer tests have something to do with it... :mellow:

I really want Italy to win it next year, y'know...

Note the Grand Slam deciding game of the past few tournements has been Wales' last game. (Wales Vs Farnce, Wales GS, Wal Vs Ireland, Ireland GS) Wales v Italy in 2010. Could it be...?

At first I thought Ireland should be higher than they are but after thinking about it, we have to play France and England away from Home, while France's only real away game threat is Wales, so makes sense really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Aug 10 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
At first I thought Ireland should be higher than they are but after thinking about it, we have to play France and England away from Home, while France's only real away game threat is Wales, so makes sense really.[/b]

Yep. Though ask me after the autumn internationals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 9 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

*Awaits for Irish & Welsh members to gang-rape thread and tell everyone how wonderful their national teams are...*[/b]

well Wales are the best team
JOKES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

naah we're not as good as our grand Slam winning team were

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 18 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 9 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Awaits for Irish & Welsh members to gang-rape thread and tell everyone how wonderful their national teams are...*[/b]

[/b][/quote]

HEY! It's a Welsh guy who doesn't think Wales are the bestest team they've ever been and all their short of being the best team in the world EVER in history EVER is Gavin Henson!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 18 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 18 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

HEY! It's a Welsh guy who doesn't think Wales are the bestest team they've ever been and all their short of being the best team in the world EVER in history EVER is Gavin Henson!
[/b][/quote]

Gav on his own is the best team ever, ever. He has every facset of play down to a T. His scrumaging is a sight to behold.

On a less serious note, I'm willnig to hazzard a guess taht Scotland's odds have improved, as Glasgow and Edinburgh have looked like the form non-Leinster or Scarlets teams in the Magners League. And even then, the Scarlets seem to do everything but win.

I still think France are in with a good chance of winning it, especially after beating the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the world,
However, they have a habit of horribly under performing in the 6N

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 18 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 18 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 18 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Gav on his own is the best team ever, ever. He has every facset of play down to a T. His scrumaging is a sight to behold.

On a less serious note, I'm willnig to hazzard a guess taht Scotland's odds have improved, as Glasgow and Edinburgh have looked like the form non-Leinster or Scarlets teams in the Magners League. And even then, the Scarlets seem to do everything but win.
[/b][/quote]
sorry but i think Henson's overrated lately
i really hope that Wales win and think we have a chance

Latest posts