• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

7 Anthems - 6 Nations

I'm sure most Irish people would love to make it 6 Anthems blackpudding, or at least replace Ireland's call. Thanks for the vid though!

Thanks for that. Really enjoyed it.

Love that rendition of Flower of Scotland (though I wish they'd stop that shouting in the middle). A packed out and passionate murrayfield has always got the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

And the Welsh anthem is f***ing awesome as always. Never experienced it in person. Would love to.

Any chance we could put a great video thread together and sticky it. Not just for any old vids, but for the classics like;

NZ vs Tonga Haka
Munster Haka
Ireland vs England Croke park

I always enjoy going back to see them every now and then. Maybe nominate a video every few weeks and let the members vote to include one into a hallf of fame or something........... oh hold on, is this being done here already?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 19 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for that. Really enjoyed it.

Love that rendition of Flower of Scotland (though I wish they'd stop that shouting in the middle). A packed out and passionate murrayfield has always got the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

And the Welsh anthem is f***ing awesome as always. Never experienced it in person. Would love to.[/b]

That's the best bit. :D

I take it you refer to:

"And stood against him. Against who? Proud Edward's army. ******"

I think it's a bit childish and crass to be doing it during the national anthem, similar to RA heads over here shouting Sinn Fein and IRA during the Fields of Athenry, thankfully seems to have gone though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 19 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nah. 6 anthems. England's shouldn't count because it's the British anthem.[/b]

Too true. Plus "God save the King" is a miserable, racist and boring anthem. "Land of Hope and Glory" is a much better choice, as demonstrated during the Commonwealth Games.

Does anyone in Ireland actually like "Irelands Call"?

can't say we do, normally the plastic paddy brigade that has any sort of liking for it, probably cause it's in English. Also hate it cause Phil Coutler is a twat.

or political correctness gone mad, ironically enough though for a song that is meant to be politically correct, women have great difficulty in actually singing it.

Its cringeworthy enough to be an anthem but so utterly meaningless it couldnt offend anyone. Equally good to laugh at, or sing along too.

Perfect for us

makes me cringe everytime the French commentators introduce it as Le Famous Ireland's Call pour unir le nord et le sud, head in hands moment everytime.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 20 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 19 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too true. Plus "God save the King" is a miserable, racist and boring anthem. "Land of Hope and Glory" is a much better choice, as demonstrated during the Commonwealth Games.

Does anyone in Ireland actually like "Irelands Call"?
[/b][/quote]

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot would also be good in my opinion. Not a traditional song but oh well.

And Ireland's call is so easy to take the rip out of. At Murrayfield there was a guy singing:

"Ireland, Ireland, together standing tall,
Scotland, Scotland are better than us all!"

:p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 19 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Have Svotalnd and Wales official anthems? I mean used at other occasions than sporting events?

Latest posts