• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

7's Mod Idea

N

Nickdnz

I have and idea for a sevens mod if it hasn't been done. my idea is basically just to take 8 positions away via an automatic red card at the beginnig of the game. I have no idea if this is visable or not so I would appreciate the feedback and if anyone else wants to work on it that would be great (cause I am lazy and know very little about modding) This is just an idea and it is fine if it wont work.

I think I posted this back in 2007 or thereabouts. logically it makes sense, but i tried working out how the players attributes changed when the got carded by analysing the ram when a player got carded, i couldn't find what i had to change in order to have a player sent off :(

That's a point. They tend to follow in packs.. you'd have half a field to score in.

Even when you don't have eight players missing you have half the field to score in.

From my very limited knowledge of the game, this would result in every player knocking on the ball as soon as they get it wouldn't it? Whenever there is a card someone (usually the 7) moves position to cover.

You would have to change the players positions so they could suit it with Woosaah's editor eg make Christian Cullen Fullback Openside Flanker Prop, so you could make them cover those positions...at least I think it would work. However I doubt it will be done as it would require a whole load of modding.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Apr 17 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 17 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
That's a point. They tend to follow in packs.. you'd have half a field to score in for each player.[/b]

Fixed
[/b][/quote]
??? , :huh: did you find a way to fix the AI "stupidity"?
[/b][/quote]

nah he just said he fixed someones quote.

I can probably fix the AI in 06, i found more xml files than you have in 08. I don't know what to change value wise, but with some trial and error it might make the defensive line tighter. All these things can be set, but the problem is that the values are not easy to understand unless you know the original system, which we would have to guess.

For example, making the value lower might work or making it the opposite (like 99) or something might work.

well done! can you explain how to install it. the text file says:

Waikato_Chiefs's Sevens Mod

All you need to do is install the .ugp s to your roster.

Updates will follow but for the moment the only teams that will have 7 Players are:

Super 14
International

Go to www.ugphelp.tk for installation tutorials.

how do i install the upg's to my roster?

when i go to the ugphelpforum.tk it redirects to another site that says "you just got punked"

so is this for real or are you just taking the ****?

Yeah, I am scared if I download this it will hurt my feellings and pride, so if this real or bs before I have to click the link? I am assuming fake otherwise.

i'd like to give this guy the benifit of the doubt because i'm a nice person... so i've downloaded the files.

if i open them in notepad, there are some interesting things. in each file, you will read the following:

exif-data
Canon Canon PowerShot A40 2007:11:08 10:40:53
gimp-image-grid

so my initial though is that they are all the same picture of something, but i can't seem to open the files with any image editor

Hey there

Can someone please upload the sevens mod on filefront.... PLEASE!

Thanks

i don't think it's worth uploading anything until we can confirm its real (which i don't think it is). i think it's just someone taking the **** to be honest, but who knows. props to the guy if it actually works.

Latest posts