• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

7's World Cup - San Francisco (20 - 23 July 2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
world-cup-7s.png

Friday 20 July 2018

Qualification Round:

Kenya vs. Tonga
Canada vs. Papua New Guinea
France vs. Jamaica
Wales vs. Zimbabwe
Samoa vs. Uganda
Russia vs. Hong Kong

Saturday 21 July 2018

Qualification Round:

Japan vs. Uruguay
Ireland vs. Chile

Pool Stages:

Will be confirmed once Qualification Round is completed.
Teams already Qualified:

Scotland
Argentina
Australia
England
New Zealand
Fiji
South Africa
USA​

Anyone know what channel this'll be on in the uk?

I don't think the format opens up the opportunity if a London like surprise but it'd be gas of we could medal again here.

We were v unlucky to be so injured in Hong Kong and come up just short, I can't wait until we're a world series side.

So I just scrolled through the itv channels over the wknd to set up reminders for the coverage... and the only thing was two 1 hour highlights shows on itv 4. 22:45 on Sat and 23:20 on Sun. Surely there must be some live coverage? (I might have missed it tbf, ain't wearing my specs but did scroll through twice)

Yeah, a bit concerning when the official website just says the schedule is to be confirmed, and any other mention on the internet is just that ITV have the rights.

Hopefully they stream it on their website at the very very least (Though they've got enough ITV channels to show it live, all they've gotta do is bump Judge Judy off of ITV4 or whatever)

Yeah, a bit concerning when the official website just says the schedule is to be confirmed, and any other mention on the internet is just that ITV have the rights.

Hopefully they stream it on their website at the very very least (Though they've got enough ITV channels to show it live, all they've gotta do is bump Judge Judy off of ITV4 or whatever)

Perhaps ITV will piggyback Supersport's coverage now that the SA broadcaster's mother company and ITV are also in partnership, and they're just ironing out a deal of some sort. Supersport only started showing their coverage of this tournament last week Friday...

A work colleague told me today that the ITV highlights shows are indeed all we will be getting as far as tv coverage goes in the UK. 'Some' matches will be available live via the sevens website though apparently.

Really grinds my gears as if ITV were only ever going to do highlights shows, let some other channel at it that would do the tournament justice.

That really sucks, I believe the US has at least some of the men's matches broadcasted live everyday.

Apparently it's all being streamed live on the world rugby website for the UK

ITV have really dropped a bollock on this one

Well if the men follow the women it will be a good thing ITV didn't show it live.

Anyone watching? Ireland v Chile, wasn't the try saving tackle from the Irish a no arms tackle?

That really sucks, I believe the US has at least some of the men's matches broadcasted live everyday.

Yes, between NBC SportsNetwork and NBC I think they all will be broadcast. And many of the women's matches are as well. They've done a really good job covering the tournament.

Last edited:
Men's Final this evening (Sunday @ 5:53 pm Pacific time) will feature England vs New Zealand on NBC SportsNetwork. I don't know what time that will be in England but I'm sure you guys do. :cool: Enjoy the match.

The New Zealand women have already won the World Cup 7's ***le in San Francisco. Congratulations to them!

world-cup-7s.png

Last edited:
Congrats to the New Zealand men's 7's team on their victory over England in the championship match. And to the city of San Francisco for putting on a great tourney.

world-cup-7s.png

Made up with 2nd tbh,
We've dropped off a bit in 7s the last few years, and the emergence of some other nations gas really made the top level more competitive - I didn't really expect us to "medal"

Made up with 2nd tbh,
We've dropped off a bit in 7s the last few years, and the emergence of some other nations gas really made the top level more competitive - I didn't really expect us to "medal"

England did very well and you should be proud. I watched most of the tournament and I think the most exciting match was when England beat the USA in overtime. It was a great tournament overall. Large crowds and some exciting rugby played over the weekend in San Francisco. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts