• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

8 years?!

Was the defence trying to make everyone feel pity for that woman because she didn't receive visitors and had to be put apart from the other women in jail? She must have been kidding, right?
You need to be mental to do something like that to your own kid :s I'm sure the other women who are imprisoned and who have in some cases not seen their own children in quite a while would feel sympathetic towards her.

Not about the same topic, but also concerning cruelty towards children, something that happened today:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7846815.stm

I intended to make a thread about that earlier, but got distracted by the cokeheads on the other thread. Absolutely appalling.

That nutcase's face was painted white, he blackened his eyes, and somehow they let him in?? That asshole got away on a bicycle! It's a good thing he decided to go to the supermarket, otherwise they never would have caught him!
One of the most insulting thing is that now (AFTER this has happened) the minister responible for day care centres for children and such says the government 'will look into the safety of day care centres'. Bit late me thinks.

Frankly, our justice system seems baffling to say the least. The judge doesn't take into account how many years it is going to disturb Shannon IMHO. It's going to be with her for the rest of her life. There is no real sentence you can give, but you can't really rehabilitate someone who does this kind of thing.. as Laetca said, they are just mental.

I think the sentence should be at least 15 years, no parole and then some. I think that is fair.

Well, the only reward money she'll get now is from down the river....

(that sounds like the ending of a Police Squad episode.)

Just wondering, is it so in Britain that people only have to sit out one third of their sentence? That's what's currently the case here.
I hope it's different over there.

They will be out in 4 years... unfortunately the justice system has gone to pot, people who should be jailed can't be jailed so are given a defered sentance, because we don't have any more prisons... do you know what my answer to this would be... We Turn Northampton into the Worlds Biggest Prison... Cage it off and nothing would be lost...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Jan 23 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They will be out in 4 years... unfortunately the justice system has gone to pot, people who should be jailed can't be jailed so are given a defered sentance, because we don't have any more prisons... do you know what my answer to this would be... We Turn Northampton into the Worlds Biggest Prison... Cage it off and nothing would be lost...[/b]

Don't know about Northampton, so don't know if that's a win win situation, but I believe in Brazil they really have entire prison cities.
I always wonder why they don't neuter paedophiles. With so many people falling back into bad habits once they're released wouldn't that help somewhat? Might sound harsh, but it's still better than my other idea (have "I'm a child molester" tattood on such people's forehead)

I say castrate the ******** then they can't **** over little girls and ruin their lives... Preferably with a rusty axe!!!

Latest posts