• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

pretty much but the thing is who cares if they make a new game..unless they actually bother to make it really good

EA used to release their rugby games around March and April, they only released rugby 08 in mid summer so they could do it just before the rugby world cup in order to to get good sales, consequently as the game did not have many stars of the world cup let alone the fact that the roster was out of date as it was before the world cup. you might find that EA release rugby 09 around Marc/April like they used to do. if that doesn't happen then a ea rugby game might come out in mid summer 2009. i have no idea. but i would rather see them make a rugby game in the mid summer because ea rush their rugby games and we havent heard yet of any sort of new ea rugby game and march is coming up soon. the omens arent good :lol2tn: i just wish ea made their rugby games as good as fifa games. but money controls our lives these days. and more money comes from the fifa games than the rugby games. are there any other companies apart from Swordfish Studios who make rugby games?

The problem with the hb studios rugby development team is that they have fallen into the trap of realising that dramatic change to core gameplay features would take too long and would not be worth the financial investment in relation to predicted sales. So they just release new rugby games with 'additions' and 'upgrades'. They need to stop being like a fat person getting fatter and do some remodeling in every aspect of their franchise, sometimes it feels like they are being ignorant towards their project, and the fans who pay money for their work.

I can officially announce that EA Sports will release EA Rugby 2009 in April. They are waiting for the last version of MUP 09, clearly. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 9 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can officially announce that EA Sports will release EA Rugby 2009 in April. They are waiting for the last version of MUP 09, clearly. :)[/b]

hey are you telling the truth? or are you joking. if you're telling the truth please can you show us the source to where you found this out. if you are joking.....................hahaha.......................lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 9 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can officially announce that EA Sports will release EA Rugby 2009 in April. They are waiting for the last version of MUP 09, clearly. :)[/b]

2 days later, no news or comments, no truth what a bummer!

even if they do make a new game this year... I don't care unless they actually improve the game play

they can have all the offical kits and rosters they like and all the competitions..but if the game sucks.. all that stuff is superficial

I'd rather play team a against team b with no named players.. and good gameplay

then the lions against south africa with exact rosters in offical stadiums and real adverts with the same gameplay as 08.. the engine needs changing

ALSO, there was 2 years between rugby 06 and 08.. and the game was marginally better.. no big changes AT ALL

so if they do a half arsed effort why bother buying 2010?.. if they make no effort

I re-installed Rugby2005 which has a heaps better game engine IMO
Got my fix but the rosters are way out of date of course

Unfortunatly i was on the official EA forum the other day and a EA rep said they had no plans at the moment, not sure what that means. They might just not be letting on yet as they did with Rugby08.

Does anyone knoe of any other companies that might be making a rugby game? Maybe the people who did Rugby challenge 06?

I enjoy the patches and so on, but we need a new game ... new gameplay official kits ... flexible to create tournaments etc.

Latest posts