• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

where art thou locksley?

doubt rugby challenge series will ever see the light of dAY Again

If you look on the Electronic Arts site under the rugby bit, the moderators keep saying they don't plan to make a game
Who knows...maybe another developer? Lol Although EA would be favourable :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sandman36 @ Jan 31 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you look on the Electronic Arts site under the rugby bit, the moderators keep saying they don't plan to make a game
Who knows...maybe another developer? Lol Although EA would be favourable :([/b]

yip,no rugby 09 so far!!!! :%#%#:

Here is my logic:

Rugby 06 - Unlicensed RWC, licensed Lions Tour. Released in 2005.
Rugby 08 - Licensed RWC, but no Lions Tour, even though the files are in there. Released in 2007.
Rugby xx (2010?)- Unlicensed RWC, licensed Lions Tour. Basically, a modded version of Rugby 08 with a new roster and new kits/teams, but nothing extra. Logical release is after 6 Nations and before 30th May.

They may skip it althogether and wait for the 2011 RWC and release it in late 2010.

I think the best hope of a new rugby game is "someone" developing it on XNA and publishing on Community games.

Oo that sounds promising, im not getting my hopes up over a wikipedia article though, anyone can edit those pages.

They will probably release EA Rugby on the next-gen consoles, but i doubt we will see a Rugby 08 sequel on PC. RUGBY 08 IS THE LAST EDITION OF EA RUGBY ON PC. I would bet money on it.

I am thinking that if the other major EA sports ***les are dropped from PC, then EA Rugby is probably on that list too as some of those are brand leaders in terms of sports gaming.

This is why i am making MegaUpdatePatch and it's affiliated projects. I am finishing the lazy ass effort they started that we call Rugby 08. I can't work miracles, but i can at least make it more realistic and cater for a wider audience.

If all else fails I'll just use Rugby 08 and do some really hardcore editing and change a lot of values around.

Maybe even write new AI scripts.

Hope that EA has a surprise release of Rugby 09 coming, but as it is looking we're out of luck for now

I hope a rugby game comes out this year because of the Lions Tour, but I doubt it will happen. This is due to the ELVs, too much chopping and changing.

Also I have read interviews in which Peter Moore (ea sports president) talks about globalizing EA Sports, but he seems to mention Cricket more often then Rugby. He mentioned India as well, this suggests he wants to tap into a country which is crazy about cricket and crazy about IT. The Cricket game market in India alone may well be larger then the whole Rugby market worldwide. This is probably why Cricket 09 is being released first as it will generate more revenue for EA Sports. It's all about the money, not keeping fans happy.

These are a couple of websites
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?highlight=...al+sports+games
http://buttonmasher.co.nz/2008/07/29/peter...ves-interviews/ - podcast

Rugby 08 didn't worry about rules why would any other EA game? I've tackled someone like 6 seconds after they kicked and didn't get penalized.

it even says on the loading screen to watch about late tackles, but you never get penalized for it

Latest posts