• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Levon @ Feb 4 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_09

perhaps this will make people a little happier, and yes i know it is only wiki[/b]

lol redirected to rugby 08 :S

its gonna be a bummer if it doesnt come out on computer (if it comes out), i find it so much more entertaining playing rugby 08 on computer rather than on the ps2 where i can run in circles to create a gap and then run through it although these mods are really awesome they give this game longevity, the kits mods look fantastic but, cant download them xD

Hurry up and get your **** together E.A!!!!! Where the f#%ks our rugby game!!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Mar 25 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We don't want EA to hurry up, or they will just make another crappy version of it.[/b]

Yea they should!!! how long has it been since they made the last rugby game!!!! even just some info on the next game would be fine give us something ****.

Erm a year or two since the last one? That's not that long considering the last Baldur's gate game came out in like 2003 and it's a much more successful franchise than Rugby.

HB update:

"The Hive is buzzing with two projects finishing up and 6 others underway."

That isn't including EA Sports Football Academy for DS, because that was released on the 20th.

One of the projects finishing up is probably Cricket 09 considering cricket2009.org apparently had confirmation of the games imminent release. Plus the OFLC in Australia has an official listing for Cricket 09 from EA Canada (HB Studios is based in Canada).

Even if one of these games is a rugby ***le... how will the quality be if it's competing for development time against 7 other games?

I cannot see a decent game on the horizon. There is nothing coming up for them releasing a game.. and if they do it'll be a year old unlicensed update of 08.. they can't and won't chase licenses. I mean perhaps they will just make a new 'better' engine but it's unlikely when they are making other more popular games.

I'd help them for nothing, if it mean't we have a great rugby game. If i can MUP and i am one man, what could they do if they put some effort into it?

We could always make our own Rugby game... It can't be that hard just use a free engine, it wouldn't be best graphics but you could make great gameplay.

What, like Blitzmax? Be my guest.. i always fancied Sensible World of Rugby. How awesome would that be.

a TRF patch team totally original rugby game would be SWEEETTTT!!! plus it would probably be finished before another EA made game hits the market. i cant see them bringing anything out until 2011 hoping they can sell some games following the world cup hype….

Well exactly, Tomsey. The games are released to cash in on an event, normally the RWC.. and although it'll look good, it won't probably be any better than 08. They'll just remix it, make it look nice, swap the rules again and even with all that, it'll still be looking and playing like an EA sports game circa 2003.

My NBA Live 2003 has more options than EA Rugby 08.

Im suprised EA havent repeated what they did with Rugby 08 ; release a game near a big event and depend on all the hype to get sales. I was expecting to see a EA RUGBY LIONS TOUR or something similar..... they couldve at least left the lions tour in rugby 08 instead of taking rugby 06 and making it worse...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Apr 21 2009, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Red Army @ Apr 20 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Mar 25 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't want EA to hurry up, or they will just make another crappy version of it.[/b]

I agree.
[/b][/quote]

How constructive.
[/b][/quote]

i dont agree the graphics will probaly be good like madden 08/09 and it will be good you dont no when they started making this game

Latest posts