• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Celtic Crusaders Match and some Odd Language: Help!

O

O'Rothlain

So, I acquired a Celtic Crusaders match vs Dewsburry Rams (I think)...I'm all excited to watch it, right...
Up comes this lovely blond sideline commentator, and next thing you know she's speaking in some crazy language...HELP! What's going on? Has the world gone mad?
Maybe RC or one of you other Welshys could help me out...?

I thought I'd turned onto some sort of Christian Spirit Filled Rugby Program and they were speaking in tounges.
I didn't know you welsh had a language...I always assumed Matt was joking...
:D

All joking aside, that's a great resource you posted up!

Blatant wind up.
Oh yes, just like the Irish we have a language and culture of our own, so do the Cornish actually.

Blatant wind up.
Oh yes, just like the Irish we have a language and culture of our own, so do the Cornish actually. [/b]
Let's not leave out the wee Manx, either.

Don't believe what's written here O'Ro!
What you have infact heard is a dead language spoken only by those who need to find a reason to look down their nose at some people. It's like latin - only the elitist speak this language.
Best thing to do? Just ignore them. I get them coming up to me everyday in work and when i ignore them they leave after only a few minutes!
Works a treat...
Just put the tv on mute - always easier.

Don't believe what's written here O'Ro!
What you have infact heard is a dead language spoken only by those who need to find a reason to look down their nose at some people. It's like latin - only the elitist speak this language.
Best thing to do? Just ignore them. I get them coming up to me everyday in work and when i ignore them they leave after only a few minutes!
Works a treat...
Just put the tv on mute - always easier.
[/b]

Way to go, pretty narrow minded of you there, I suppose Ray Gravell was an elitist who looked down on people was he? get a grip mate.

Get a grip?
Who are you to tell me to get a grip?!

The Welsh speakers are a bastardous bunch of people. They sicken me for everything they stand for.
Soon (not soon enough) the language and all the speakers will be dead.

LONG LIVE THE SUPERIOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

Captain Morgan, you do realise that this WHOLE topic is farcical, yeah?
Nobody is being serious here, you understand this.
O'Ro does realise that we have our own language and knew he what it was from the get-go.
I can speak Welsh and don't believe anything of what i previously said.

Chill out mate, not everyone is out to offend you, ok?

OK, it was a non-serious thread, how the f*** am i supposed to know, you are all buddies with history on here, I suspected the OP was messing around but I don't know if you are joking or not, so when in doubt i just took what you said at face value, I did not find it a personal attack on me i just felt it was right to defend something against blatant rubbish, just like you would if you thought someone was attacking it for real right?
Sorry :(

That's cool, mate. But next time just try and take everything on this site with a pinch of salt until you can firmly establish whether or not they're being serious.
I even thought you had joined in on the joke after your second post. Lol. Shows how things can get lost in translation, eh?

Well i thought O'Ro was taking the **** a bit.. but what you said as a joke is sadly an opinion i hear often in certain areas of South Wales and so i thought you were being serious.
The best part of all this of course is that I can not speak Welsh and hated it in school.

What a week eh Matt, don't think anybody have gotten any of your tongue in cheek comments! By the way I realised you were kidding, like Captain said, I've been around a bit longer and remember your learning Welsh thread. How's that going btw?

Mae RC yn hoffi bechgyn :D

If anyone needs any help with the old Welsh im first language so any queries I shall anwser!

Mae RC yn hoffi bechgyn :D
[/b]

f*** off! Lol.

Aye, I'm much more confident in my Welsh now than i was previously, cheers for asking Dull...and no, nobody seems to be getting my tongue-in-cheek comments. Lol. But i did vow in the last thread to put up a big sign whenever i make tongue in cheek remarks and i failed to do so on this occasion so it serves me right really.

Hey, it's all a bit of fun. No harm no foul!

And thankfully only the Welsh lads on here know my secret which Cymro has happily divulged wiht the forum. :p

...unless someone translates it in google. Hmm....

<div class='quotemain'> Mae RC yn hoffi bechgyn :D
[/b]

f*** off! Lol.

Aye, I'm much more confident in my Welsh now than i was previously, cheers for asking Dull...and no, nobody seems to be getting my tongue-in-cheek comments. Lol. But i did vow in the last thread to put up a big sign whenever i make tongue in cheek remarks and i failed to do so on this occasion so it serves me right really.

Hey, it's all a bit of fun. No harm no foul!

And thankfully only the Welsh lads on here know my secret which Cymro has happily divulged wiht the forum. :p

...unless someone translates it in google. Hmm....
[/b][/quote]

Matt there is an amazing Welsh swear word dictionary online if you want a link to it I will give it to you, absolutly amazing!

Note: When reading RC's post take pills for reading, or readers discretion is advised!

Latest posts