• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A French Fan

Tight

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
HI everybody,

I'm a french Fan of Rugby...My best team is MHR in France ;)

See you soon in the forum !

Welcome to the forum and good to have another enthusiast of French rugby here although your choice of club is debatable!!!!

HI everybody,

I'm a french Fan of Rugby...My best team is MHR in France ;)

See you soon in the forum !

Zut! The other MHR supporter is in our midst! Company for gaston!!

Welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and good to have another enthusiast of French rugby here although your choice of club is debatable!!!!

and what would you know my friend after years of supporting BO. I welcome Mon. Tight with open arms and quickly realise this gentleman is obviously intelligent in his choice of team something that not everybody can realise. There could be silverware this season for Montpellier, so we need all the support we can accumalate.
Big week this week press training tomorrow with lots of tele radio etc will be a very bust boy this week.

Spending a lot of money, are you? :D

They have got oodles to spend!!

Having rested your players on Saturday, Gaston, while full strength Quins had a 60 point battering - not sure why the unusual concern over a MHL victory come Friday!

Spending a lot of money, are you? :D

sorry "busy" big hands small keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

They have got oodles to spend!!

Having rested your players on Saturday, Gaston, while full strength Quins had a 60 point battering - not sure why the unusual concern over a MHL victory come Friday!

Always a little worried before a game as you well know its 80 mins and anything can happen, we have Lacy as ref that's not good. We are quitely confident but will not be singing from the rooftops before the final whistle as it's our first mini major Euro final. Press training this afternoon in the wet, so will know Fridays team but it's picking itself at the moment. Off to Lyon on Thurs and can't wait, win this we are in Europe next season without any pressure on the remaining 3 matches as they are Bordeaux, Toulon at home then the last one Racing in Paris, + of course we can create a 7th team for France in next seasons Euro Cup.

sorry "busy" big hands small keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Always a little worried before a game as you well know its 80 mins and anything can happen, we have Lacy as ref that's not good. We are quitely confident but will not be singing from the rooftops before the final whistle as it's our first mini major Euro final. Press training this afternoon in the wet, so will know Fridays team but it's picking itself at the moment. Off to Lyon on Thurs and can't wait, win this we are in Europe next season without any pressure on the remaining 3 matches as they are Bordeaux, Toulon at home then the last one Racing in Paris, + of course we can create a 7th team for France in next seasons Euro Cup.

Should be good on Friday evening - wish I could be there! Enjoy it!
Allez MHR!!

Hard luck with Lacy.......is he bending over to do favours to continue to be selected as ref for top games?

Hard luck with Lacy.......is he bending over to do favours to continue to be selected as ref for top games?

Can anyone shed light on the demise of USAP, is money the problem ? I thought when relegated a couple of seasons ago that they would bounce straight back to the top 14, it seems sad that a club with such a rich history and a fantastic stadium are still languishing in pro div 2.

they have had several problems over the last few seasons, behind the scenes is there biggest but from what i hear they are slowly sorting that out. I think finnacialy they have also suffered and it does not take much for the doom and gloom to pass throughout a club, i have had experience of that in Montpellier over the years i have been connected with the club.
I think they need a couple of seasons with the new coaches and admin, to get things back on the road like everything there is always a certain amount of patience to pass by before the results start to come back, and everything starts to get much better. For the moment they are an average to good Pro D2 team

The two proud teams of Perpignan and Biarritz suffered the same fate two seasons ago and have remained down.

BO's demise came from a seriously poor management structure who were incapable of moving with the times through incompetence and/or short sightedness and/or being pure amateurs in a professional game.

They allowed international players to take over the club and to remain in the team too long, let too many good players leave due that situation and remained loyal to small time sponsors for too long while turning away bigger ones.

Have to admit that their communication with supporters has improved enormously and a whole rank of new players (both young and more experienced) have been signed but do they have the access to sponsors such as Montpellier, Clermont, Pau, Toulon, Racing, Lyons etc - NO!!

So above all, money is the problem and the willingness of management to be like turkeys and vote for Christmas!!

I will leave @usap dessie to have his say on his team!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone shed light on the demise of USAP, is money the problem ? I thought when relegated a couple of seasons ago that they would bounce straight back to the top 14, it seems sad that a club with such a rich history and a fantastic stadium are still languishing in pro div 2.

USAP are not alone in being a club in ProD2 that have a rich history and tradition. Biarritz, Bayonne, Mont de Marsan and Dax are there too.
However, Bayonne, Mont de Marsan and USAP will have the chance to be promoted with the runaway leaders, Lyon, but Dax are dangerously close to being relegated to Fédérale 1!!
Biarritz - are you reading this TM, will be promoted next year!!!:rolleyes:

Would you be willing to put money on that statement, i would bet against them being promoted!!!!!! but just a beer or three

Would you be willing to put money on that statement, i would bet against them being promoted!!!!!! but just a beer or three

I'd willingly buy you a beer or three, gaston, but don't say this to TM ... I can't really see BO being promoted next season, despite what I wrote above!!

Latest posts