• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Just read the Keatley article.

Shame on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Shame on you.

That is a minority but will share that article. It shows these guys are pros but human too. They give their best always. Duncan Williams is another guy who has got stick but always gives his best. He was main man I was delighted for last Saturday

From Wales online. They can't even spell Sweetnam wrong, the thick *****. Honestly it's like all their journalists are kids on work experience. They then weirdly go on to talk about how great our team spirit is. Being a very brave young man doesn't take you to semi-finals lads. Wonder what they think of literally every rugby player playing rugby in Wales if those guys are untalented, seeing as their best side got done by Barely existent Francais at home.

"Conor Murray, CJ Stander, Simon Zebo and Peter O’Mahony are fine players and Keith Earls is decent. But the likes of Dave Kilcoyne, Donnacha and John Ryan, Jaco Taute and Darren Sweetenham [sic] are hard workers and nothing more."

Also Muff if Mike Ford is even given an interview I want you to walk in there and fling your poo at him. We're not having him here. Failed Bath coaches have no place here. Have no bones against Smal or Williams to be honest. Smal might fit us better at the moment.

Only rumours. Can't see it myself.
Wales Online - Does anyone take that serious?

Any chance of a turn on Rassie, hard to play for someone who bought into the clubs "ethos" only to **** off and coach 50% of his home country's best players?! Would be nice to see a dip in form for the team with the best chance to stop us winning a trophy this season!

- - - Updated - - -

Shame on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Shame on you.

Turning on one of their own... well one of Leinster's handmedowns! Its far better to just call MO'C fat and useless, he likely won't hear it, hope you come up with some good ones in the next few seasons.

Shame on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Shame on you.
Complete low point in the history of Munster Rugby imo. We could have won every game this season and that would disgust me. Most fans still split on whether he or someone else was being booed but the pathetic vitriol directed at him, Williams and sometimes Zebo by Munster fans was pathetic. I got really frustrated with their performances and selections etc, but would never have ill will. Especially Keatley who took us to a Heineken cup semi and was clearly in a horrible rut for which he wasn't solely responsible. He was such a scapegoat. One of the big moments that sticks out for me this season was him doing the lap of honor with a Shannon flag, as Foley always backed him, even against 'homegrown hero' JJ Hanrahan which went down like a tonne of ****.

Oh god the MOC "banter" from you will be unbearable if we play like crap.

Might just leave now.

Matt O'Chippy? I'm sure I can come up with a few zingers over the next couple season....

- - - Updated - - -

Complete low point in the history of Munster Rugby imo. We could have won every game this season and that would disgust me. Most fans still split on whether he or someone else was being booed but the pathetic vitriol directed at him, Williams and sometimes Zebo by Munster fans was pathetic. I got really frustrated with their performances and selections etc, but would never have ill will. Especially Keatley who took us to a Heineken cup semi and was clearly in a horrible rut for which he wasn't solely responsible. He was such a scapegoat. One of the big moments that sticks out for me this season was him doing the lap of honor with a Shannon flag, as Foley always backed him, even against 'homegrown hero' JJ Hanrahan which went down like a tonne of ****.

I felt guilty as a Tigers fan watching that. It isn't nice seem a players confidence get destroyed in front of you.

Oh god the MOC "banter" from you will be unbearable if we play like crap.

Might just leave now.

Matt O'Chippy? I'm sure I can come up with a few zingers over the next couple season....

- - - Updated - - -

I felt guilty as a Tigers fan watching that. It isn't nice seem a players confidence get destroyed in front of you.

A picture went up on Leinster fans of him photoshopped as Jabba the Hut, got a lot of abuse, I found it rather funny to be honest!

A picture went up on Leinster fans of him photoshopped as Jabba the Hut, got a lot of abuse, I found it rather funny to be honest!

Lol I need to look for that pic.

I mean there is a fine line between taking the **** and abuse and that is taking the **** which in my books is funny.

Any chance of a turn on Rassie, hard to play for someone who bought into the clubs "ethos" only to **** off and coach 50% of his home country's best players?! Would be nice to see a dip in form for the team with the best chance to stop us winning a trophy this season!

- - - Updated - - -

Turning on one of their own... well one of Leinster's handmedowns! Its far better to just call MO'C fat and useless, he likely won't hear it, hope you come up with some good ones in the next few seasons.

On it I believe Leinster had same issue with Gopperth and back in days when struggling tonight Victor Costelloe said he got bags of abuse as did others. So think Leinstee and every other club is same Alpha. Just notball of us are on high horses. It's bad form and was from a minority. That same minority is ib every club Leinster included. Let's notbforgwt Bent was cheered before being replaced by Leinster.

Why would anyone turn on Rassie. I think every player knows if he leaves it's taking a big offer from his home country. It's not for money or that he thinks they aren't good enough.

Had nothing to do with JJ being homegrown hero. JJ needed attitude to be right. Kears is a true pro and will give it his all. I'm not going to say Keats is international class but he got the blunt of frustration last year with Axel. No player goes out to do bad. Butbas I said it's a minority in every club. I've seen it in all 4 provinces. Paul Marshall being the current receiver of abuse.

On it I believe Leinster had same issue with Gopperth and back in days when struggling tonight Victor Costelloe said he got bags of abuse as did others. So think Leinstee and every other club is same Alpha. Just notball of us are on high horses. It's bad form and was from a minority. That same minority is ib every club Leinster included. Let's notbforgwt Bent was cheered before being replaced by Leinster.

Why would anyone turn on Rassie. I think every player knows if he leaves it's taking a big offer from his home country. It's not for money or that he thinks they aren't good enough.

I literally referenced us turning against our own guy in that post...

Squad morale is a fickle thing, after what Munster have been through this season, "the Munster way" seemed to be completely bought into by Rassie, some of the less intelligent egos which Munster appear to have a few influential ones could take it badly and cause tension. Stranger things have happened!

It had a lot to do with fans being bitter about JJ being let go and Keatley being given a nod to start. Keatley wouldn't have got nearly as much stick is he was born in Munster and came up with us.

I literally referenced us turning against our own guy in that post...

Squad morale is a fickle thing, after what Munster have been through this season, "the Munster way" seemed to be completely bought into by Rassie, some of the less intelligent egos which Munster appear to have a few influential ones could take it badly and cause tension. Stranger things have happened!

Oh I know. My point is in every province club and even international teams there is a minority of morons. These are same people that even today I've seen saying they know itball and how stupid Munster Rugby are for giving up home advantage and going to Aviva for Semi Finals and if Leinster were same they'd nver leave home etc.

On Squad as I said if Rassie goes it'll be upsetting but the key man who is making the show is Jaques and he is going nowhere. There's no fear of squad morale being effected as if Rassie goes he will
1. Be staying on as advisor
2. Be here until December to transition the takeover

These are the names the walls speak of

Is Vern Cotter going anywhere after his Scottish stint comes to an end?

- - - Updated - - -

Paul Marshall being the current receiver of abuse.

Yep.

Everyone wants him to do well - but you can sense the ground hold its breath every time he has the ball as a f**kup in the next second is a distinct possibility... then the groan whenever it does happen. It's even more unfortunate that he doesn't learn from his mistakes and keeps repeating them.

Both Ulster and him should have parted ways 3 years ago - would have been better for both parties.

Is Vern Cotter going anywhere after his Scottish stint comes to an end?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

Everyone wants him to do well - but you can sense the ground hold its breath every time he has the ball as a f**kup in the next second is a distinct possibility... then the groan whenever it does happen. It's even more unfortunate that he doesn't learn from his mistakes and keeps repeating them.

Both Ulster and him should have parted ways 3 years ago - would have been better for both parties.

Vern is going to Montepellier.

But equally on Paul Marshall. A minority will sling abuse at guy. The expressions you say are what majority of fans are like. Frustration but know the line with abuse

On Rassie issue. It seems there is a stumbling block. He has reportedly said 1 big term is he picks players he wants based on merit not race, location or politically. But the SARU can't guarantee. And Rassie is a sharp guy wants a clause put in he gets paid full contract regardless and can walk away if there is 1 ounce of interference.

Brendan Fanning in the Sindo says Erasmus is very happy in Munster and won't go back to SA due to interference (from a source close to the Munster coach). He also notes that Erasmus has had multiple chances to say this publicly yet hasn't.

Brendan Fanning in the Sindo says Erasmus is very happy in Munster and won't go back to SA due to interference (from a source close to the Munster coach). He also notes that Erasmus has had multiple chances to say this publicly yet hasn't.

Rassie spoke to us last night stating similar. He will go back but only if SARU move world for him. He has been active in recruiting a new coach to fill the Axel role. Also he will never go to public either way. It's not Rassies way and he's probably the smartest and media savy coach I've ever been around.
Also I think the revamp of Super Rugby will benefit us

Last edited:
Would be a real shame to lose him after winning the Pro 12 and Champions Cup.

We've won the British and Irish Cup after a 29-28 game against Jersey. Absolutely fantastic game. Feel gutted for Jersey, they were up 18 points at one stage, and really nearly had a fairy tale tournament. Gavin Coombes, Conor Oliver and Alex Wooton were our standouts. Wooton scored a miraculous try. I've been singing his praises for a while now, I think he'll be a fantastic player. Last game for captain Bohane at this province. Wish him all the best.
Jersey had an Irish outhalf out of Bristol there too as well as an Ulsterman.

Last edited:

Latest posts