• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

and vans (that once upon a time were white) don't run as well on green Ryan.

It's in tomorrow's Irish Independent that Rassie Erasmus has triggered the 6 month release clause in his Munster contract and is heading back to South Africa.

The Irish Independent have a sponsorship deal with Munster for the naming rights to Musgrave Park so I can't see them making this up and ******* off their partners.

If he sees out the entirety of next year, I don't have a huge issue with it I guess from a rugby point of view and our time-frame for finding a new guy/making signings. It's the right thing to do, and I'd respect that at least. If it was 6 months as per his contract release clause I would call it downright shitty. Shitty to the extent I hope he leaves ASAP, because there's no sense bringing a guy in mid-season to replace him and I couldn't see the players been pleased anyway.
This aside, I do think it's disrespectful to keep the door open constantly to this stuff and having the province constantly in this grey area for the last 6 months, then telling the players you're staying despite the door still being very much open.
This is all only if this is true of course. Wouldn't wipe my arse with the Independent for fear of making it dirtier, but it's being reported pretty widely. Also heard rumors Rob Penney is linking up with the Irish squad in Japan. Always liked him, and I think we'd be a lot more ready to play rugby his way now, but still. Culture Clash inbound.

If he sees out the entirety of next year, I don't have a huge issue with it I guess from a rugby point of view and our time-frame for finding a new guy/making signings. It's the right thing to do, and I'd respect that at least. If it was 6 months as per his contract release clause I would call it downright shitty. Shitty to the extent I hope he leaves ASAP, because there's no sense bringing a guy in mid-season to replace him and I couldn't see the players been pleased anyway.
This aside, I do think it's disrespectful to keep the door open constantly to this stuff and having the province constantly in this grey area for the last 6 months, then telling the players you're staying despite the door still being very much open.
This is all only if this is true of course. Wouldn't wipe my arse with the Independent for fear of making it dirtier, but it's being reported pretty widely. Also heard rumors Rob Penney is linking up with the Irish squad in Japan. Always liked him, and I think we'd be a lot more ready to play rugby his way now, but still. Culture Clash inbound.
We should have swapped MOC for Penney. Leinster would be dominant in Europe again and Munster would have enough heartbreaking near misses to claim they made the Champions Cup the great competition it would have been!

Odds of a ROG and Paulie coaching ticket?

RO'G under contract with Racing still, and Paulie is nowhere near experienced enough. Doesn't seem ready to throw himself back into rugby again regardless. The Independent 'understands' among the other things it constantly 'understands' without a source that it will be an outside source which is a no brainer. Nienaber and Erasmus aside it's a really young coaching ticket.

Haven't been around in last few days as we all obviously on offseason.
But yeah all mumbling are an agreement will be made on both Rassie and Jaques leaving at end of coming season.
Felix and Jerry obviously staying on and 2 candidates are already on a shortlist.

Plumtree would be a nice addition. He's coached in what, Wales, SA, Ireland and NZ? Nice CV, knows Irish rugby, forward oriented coaches get on well here etc. Penney could do a job as DoR, but I don't buy he's coming necessarily. Seems like the Irish are just camped there for the game. Could be coincidence/ Joe Show knows him. Still he rad a rep for player development at Canterbury which would be good for a DoR role.
Also, nothing confirmed on Rassie. He could well be used as a pawn in a very political rugby union. Hope he makes a statement soon either way.

Dang at least it's not slipped to the point where Matt O'Connor would ever be up for discussion.

giphy.gif

Haters gonna hate.

As of 15.00 today Rassie has not handed in resignation. But I'm not saying he is staying. But reports are good that if he goes there is a big budget for a coach on fact there is a buyout fee and we made massive profits on last season.
But Penney, Plumtree are considered.
Also enquiries from Nick Mallet, Chris Boyd, John Kirwan and Stephen Larkham have been rumoured.

I'd love if Penney came back but I doubt it'll happen. Plumtree would be a great replacement for Rassie, presuming it's true.

Latest posts