• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Very interesting that IRFU have sanctioned us permission to sign an NIQ THP. I know it will be cover for John Ryan but it means 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 13 could all be South African born next season. With a NZ 10.

Probably that lad I mentioned in the Transfer rumor thread I suppose. Yeah tis odd I know. No way he'd be allowed start ahead of J Ryan though I agree.
Would hope the second row is a stop gap too. 7 will hopefully be a 3 way battle too. No one will shift Tommy easily.
Has no one forged CJ's birth cert to say he was found in a field near Adare during a thunder storm yet?

Probably that lad I mentioned in the Transfer rumor thread I suppose. Yeah tis odd I know. No way he'd be allowed start ahead of J Ryan though I agree.
Would hope the second row is a stop gap too. 7 will hopefully be a 3 way battle too. No one will shift Tommy easily.
Has no one forged CJ's birth cert to say he was found in a field near Adare during a thunder storm yet?
Ha Adare is way too fancy. Rathkeale is where CJ was moulded :D

It's bouncing around a few forums that Tabai Matson may be the new Munster head coach. No idea whether it's coming from a few sources or if it's just a few people doing what I'm doing and repeating a rumour.

It's bouncing around a few forums that Tabai Matson may be the new Munster head coach. No idea whether it's coming from a few sources or if it's just a few people doing what I'm doing and repeating a rumour.
Yes seen that as well. Seems too random to have no smoke behind it, but he's contracted to Bath still I believe. Not that that's really a huge deal these days. Was apparently the heir to the Crusaders job, but didn't get it.
I've heard that our HC is sure to be a kiwi whose already toured the facilities, so that fits.

Yes seen that as well. Seems too random to have no smoke behind it, but he's contracted to Bath still I believe. Not that that's really a huge deal these days. Was apparently the heir to the Crusaders job, but didn't get it.
I've heard that our HC is sure to be a kiwi whose already toured the facilities, so that fits.

Yeh but under Blackadder.

Wouldn't be surpised if he has a clause saying if he was offered the top job somewhere that he could be brought out of contract or something.

Just on that he is rumoured to be looked at as part of a package.
No deal has been signed off yet

That is all I got.

We beat Connacht today in a training game too in Sportsground. Was great prep as it was played in conditions we are used to in December.

Latest report from the Limerick Leader is that Felix Jones is taking on the role as interim head coach in December once Rassie Erasmus departs.

They also say we should have a new DOR in place by then. I understand it's only temporary and I think Félix will be a top coach in the future but we need outside intervention and it makes us having a longer season very unlikely. Not ideal at all.

Latest report from the Limerick Leader is that Felix Jones is taking on the role as interim head coach in December once Rassie Erasmus departs.
Felix was always earmarked as this role but is very much against it for all the right reasons. He just wants to continue to learn and progress without the scrutiny.
But there is no plans to have any interim coach as of now it is looking like Farrell and Matson/Wessells with Farrell staying with Ireland until Summer of 2018 too. Issue is Schmidt doesn't want to have to recruit yet another defense coach 1 year before Japan.

Didn't see Munster's win over Treviso. Anyone stand out? Heard Andrew Conway was good. How did the young props play?

It was a good overall performance especially for the first game of the season. Standouts were Sweetnam and Conway. The debutants had a good game too although Treviso were very poor in the first half.

The scrum was generally dominant especially Liam O'Connor. Parker was solid and Scott was solid in the scrum too. Liam O'Connor the best of the props.

To add to Muff yong lad Wooton out of Northampton has looked elect ic every time he's played and every time he's touched the ball. He scored a wonder try in the B&I Final last season and I rate him for a big break out.
Good to see our front row with such a young look at times yesterday. Honestly our third choices don't need to be spectacular for now, just able to hold down the fort while our internationals are out.
Treviso's squad looks better on paper I would say but they were miserable. We're neither ambitious or solid in any facet of play.
Conway was **** hot. The opposition was bad but his instincts as a fullback are great. He's as fast as ever and more intelligent which is impressive for anyone who went to Blackrock.

Interview with Chris Farrell in the Sunday Times today.

Unsurprisingly he says the main motivations behind his move to Munster were to gain international honours and also to work with Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber. He kept in touch with Joe Schmidt while at Grenoble and was advised by the Ireland coach that Munster would be the best fit for him. Saracens, Bordeaux and Leinster were also interested in signing him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him capped this November.

Interview with Chris Farrell in the Sunday Times today.

Unsurprisingly he says the main motivations behind his move to Munster were to gain international honours and also to work with Rassie Erasmus and Jacques Nienaber. He kept in touch with Joe Schmidt while at Grenoble and was advised by the Ireland coach that Munster would be the best fit for him. Saracens, Bordeaux and Leinster were also interested in signing him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him capped this November.
Schmidt was very eager to get him back and he has been very good for us so far in 13 this year

GN4_DAT_8818735.jpg--munster_three_from_three_in_pro14_after_gritty_win_at_ospreys.jpg

He certainly showed Tipuric to his seat like a gentleman yesterday.
I really like this guy, but it sort of makes me wish we'd kept Saili instead of Taute. I love Taute, but he could turn out to be a more one dimensional version of Farrell, while Saili offers something a lot different.

Latest posts