• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

saving this for later.

BTW you can have MOC if you want...
If mine and Alpha's plans to travel over for the Munster v Leicester work out, you up for getting a commemorative tattoo. Was thinking a tribute to Johne Murphy that we could all get behind.

Lads it's only reports. Facts are from the inside that we were bit knocked from missing Weasels who was main choice.

I would add that he may well get job but at moment nobody has signed

Well after yesterdays mess, I'd hesitate to say confirmed, but yeah. Seems to be a relic of when South Africa were actually good, so I hope he is all he seems.
Glass half empty says Rassie Erasmus is taking over as the main man with the Boks yet doesn't want Johann van Graan to remain in his current role.

http://www.the42.ie/tadhg-beirne-munster-scarlets-contract-3625969-Oct2017/

TADHG BEIRNE HAS turned down a 'very good' contract offer from Pro12 champions Scarlets to join Munster in a bid to pursue his international aspirations with Ireland.
He'd be a terrific signing and team with Jean Kleyn to be Munster's top 2nd row partnership for potentially the next 7 or 8 years.

While I'd love to see him at Leinster and think he'd be a great fit alongside James Ryan long term, Munster offers him the best chance at immediately starting and getting into the Ireland squad. Can see why he'd want to go somewhere other than Leinster when he returns since Leo Cullen is the coach who let him go in the first place.

Munster have done a phenomenal rebuilding job over the last couple of years. Whoever is in charge of their recruitment is to be commended. Reminds me of the rebuilding job David Humphreys undertook for Ulster which brought them to a European Cup and Pro 12 final.

He'd be a terrific signing and team with Jean Kleyn to be Munster's top 2nd row partnership for potentially the next 7 or 8 years.

While I'd love to see him at Leinster and think he'd be a great fit alongside James Ryan long term, Munster offers him the best chance at immediately starting and getting into the Ireland squad. Can see why he'd want to go somewhere other than Leinster when he returns since Leo Cullen is the coach who let him go in the first place.

Munster have done a phenomenal rebuilding job over the last couple of years. Whoever is in charge of their recruitment is to be commended. Reminds me of the rebuilding job David Humphreys undertook for Ulster which brought them to a European Cup and Pro 12 final.
Add in Dillane and it'll be a nice mix.

Johann van Graan confirmed. Not sure how this will pan out, but I'll approach it with an open mind. Wonder if we'll be getting another Head Coach/DoR appointment.

after that SA performance v the All blacks he is prob coming to you with some confidence at least.

If you get a DOR i bet it will be meyer.

Last edited:
after that SA performance v the All blacks he is prob coming to you with some confidence at least.

If you get a DOR i bet it will be meyer.
He's certainly working with some specimens in that SA pack. Marx and Etzebeth's performances were superhuman last week. Either way, it will be nice for him to coach a team that's been capable of beating a New Zealand side in the last few years
image.jpg

Some people seem to think from Munster's statement that we won't be getting a DOR which is a worry, because our coaching ticket will look pretty green.

There is a look out for a For and well 2 or 3 names floating but it not matter of urgency.

Wasn't there a rumour last month that Tiernan O'Halloran was moving to Munster along with Ultan Dillane next summer? The Simon Zebo departure certainly makes that look a bit more likely.

Presumably Andrew Conway is the front runner in the current squad to take the 15 shirt with Zebo out of the way.

Where do Munster fans think JJ Hanrahan will end up? Is he a 10, 12 or 15? He's too talented to leave out of the team in my opinion.

Latest posts