• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Wasn't there a rumour last month that Tiernan O'Halloran was moving to Munster along with Ultan Dillane next summer? The Simon Zebo departure certainly makes that look a bit more likely.

Presumably Andrew Conway is the front runner in the current squad to take the 15 shirt with Zebo out of the way.

Where do Munster fans think JJ Hanrahan will end up? Is he a 10, 12 or 15? He's too talented to leave out of the team in my opinion.
Gosh look at my comment Snoop, I am a more reliable version of the Irish Independent. O'Halloran looks likely, but there's a bit of ambiguity around Dillane's contract. I think based on the press announces they made at the time Dillane will be contracted until the end of next season.
Conway plays his best stuff from 15 and is the most natural 15 we have, but it wouldn't kill me to see O'Halloran move to 15 if he earns it, with Conway and Earls on the wings and Wooton and Sweetnam to take plenty of reps off Earls and Conway.
Is JJ a 10, 12 or 15 is very difficult to tell at this stage. I personally think he would thrive off being able to pop in and out of the line from 15, but his future surely won't be there. Bleyndaal is floundering and injured at the moment, Keatley has improved his game and looks to be enjoying his rugby again, but Hanrahan has the ability to be number 1 there if given his shot. Not sure how Camp Joe is working this year, but I'd like to see Hanrahan start this week or next week from 10, although he will play some 12 during international windows too.
Big paragraph for me to say I don't know where he belongs, but I think we'll find out soon. Think 10 is our weakest area, but you need to have that as your dedicated position to be an elite 10 I think.

Wasn't there a rumour last month that Tiernan O'Halloran was moving to Munster along with Ultan Dillane next summer? The Simon Zebo departure certainly makes that look a bit more likely.

Presumably Andrew Conway is the front runner in the current squad to take the 15 shirt with Zebo out of the way.

Where do Munster fans think JJ Hanrahan will end up? Is he a 10, 12 or 15? He's too talented to leave out of the team in my opinion.
JJ needs to prove he belongs there.
Was signed to play 10.

On 2 Connacht lads it's more than rumour

Conway is the form 15 even now

Oh Jesus going from acting like the victim of the IRFU to signing two of Connacht's best players within a few months is gonna challenge the mental gymnastics of Facebook commenters

Dillane would only be coming home.
And O'Halloran wants to be here as he feels it'll enhance his chances in green

For what it's worth, my uneducated view on Hanrahan is that he'd be well suited to the 12 role.

For all their faults, Tyler Bleyendaal and Ian Keatley are a decent pair of flyhalves. Bleyendaal could easily have another 7 years ahead of him and Keatley another 3 or 4. Beyond them, Bill Johnston is a very talented player who needs to be eased in. Leaving Hanrahan here would severely limit everybody's time on the field.

At 15, if Tiernan O'Halloran signs, Munster will be well served with he and Andrew Conway.

At 12 there's Rory Scannell and little else. Rotate him and Hanrahan, leaving Chris Farrell to rotate with Jaco Taute at 13 and Munster would have an excellent batch of centres to carry them through for the next 7 or 8 years.

Don't forget Sammy Arnold and Dan Goggin Snoop. I'd advise anyone to watch the A game against Nottingham last Friday. Watch Johnston in those conditions play. It was unbelievable. He will be starting 10 eventually

22730578_1591261094263365_6751196892913279636_n.jpg

If Da Vinci painted rugby.

Has Jeremy Loughman left Leinster and joined Munster?
ospreys-preparations-28-11-2017
ospreys-preparations-28-11-2017
Appears to be a picture of him in Munster gear at training this week (he's on the left).

https://munsterrugby.ie/gallery/ospreys-preparations-28-11-2017/#nanogallery/my_nanogallery/0/4

He's a useful player who has been bumped down the depth chart at Leinster by Andrew Porter. Only 22 and has played 5 times for Leinster. Can play both prop positions.
That's interesting, good move on his part if so, definitely more opportunity in Munster than Leinster for a prop while not playing for a bum team like his school's captain Nick Timoney in Ulster. He has been playing for UCD in the AIL all season though so it must be recent.

Would be a great move for him. Young Liam O'Connor went off with what looked a nasty injury last night and we'll be short on depth there for a while. Did Loughman also start transitioning to tighthead at some stage, or is that my imagination? Usually if stuff like this isn't announced the player is there on a sort of trial basis.

He started at tighthead for UCD yesterday. He's a good player, just unlucky that Leinster have a bunch of excellent prospects on both sides of the scrum.

He started out as a number 8 in Athy before switching to loosehead in Blackrock and then tighthead while in the Leinster academy unless I'm mistaken. Hindsight being 20:20, perhaps a move to hooker like James Tracy did would have worked out better for him in terms of furthering his Leinster career. He's a quality carrier.

Who are Munster's backup tightheads? Is it only Stephen Archer and Ciaran Parker? If so, I can see Loughman progressing over the next 18 months should he move to Munster.

Ian Costello moving to Wasps from Nottingham in a senior coaching role. Good moves from a lot of Irish coaches recently.

Oh and also JP Ferreira is also locked up as defence coach. Great move. Our coaching ticket must be one of the youngest around.

Not sure what Ringrose has to do with Munster.

But great move for Ian. Also must add JP will be in Leicester but as a spectator and starts Tuesday.
Posted it in the wrong thread!

Link to news of Ferreira here:
http://www.the42.ie/jp-ferreira-munster-defence-coach-3750341-Dec2017/

Extremely young coaching team. Hopefully they'll continue the great work put in by the departing coaches. Munster are in a much better place now than they were 18 months ago. Lots of young players coming through the system and excellent recruitment have sped up the rebuilding job which I thought would take at least 3 years.

Who was in charge of recruitment of late? Was it Rassie Erasmus or someone else?

Latest posts