• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Any word on successors?
No. NSW have approached him. My understanding is there is fairly unsettling issues there so nothing is certain. May be a knockon effect to here also. SL and JVG had 2 different philosophies but SL gameplan has only began to shine.

Tommy O'Donnell is I suppose fairly expectedly retiring. Such a shame the ball never bounced his way with injury and timing. Had a good career over 15 odd years for his native province, but pretty much every time he got a good break in his career he picked up an injury that stalled him out. Always came back though to is credit.

Wish him the best with what ever he does next, a great one club man!

Can't wait for the Zebo Keenan wars.
More Zebo on the wing but great move by all involved in that I'm hearing it a cheap move as other offers were limited and nobody had any knowledge of it even here in training camp.
Some drop as his provincial contract will be 150k max.

Should add also even here today there still no word on it. Just going off this.

Great signing for Munster, positive signing for Ireland, terrible signing for the42 comments.

Don't mind having as much back three depth as possible given the inconsistent form and injury profiles of guys we have there.

I'm happy. Proven try scorer and bloody good at unlocking defences. Earls is a year older etc. Conways had a patchy season etc. He'll be a good addition

We're still weak in the front row. And that's where we're missing out.

any word on cronin ?

I'm happy. Proven try scorer and bloody good at unlocking defences. Earls is a year older etc. Conways had a patchy season etc. He'll be a good addition

We're still weak in the front row. And that's where we're missing out.

any word on cronin ?
James still in negotiations but not looking positive.

Ian Costelloe coming home to head up the Academy.

And Zebo on IRFU deal

Last edited:
I'm happy to have Zebo back as well if the money is reasonable I suppose. I don't know exactly where he will fit, but as I've said before he was a genuine star for us and he has a nice skillset we could do with.

Have the IRFU co-funded a deal before?

Good signing for Munster if he's making reasonable money.

Not particularly enthused if he makes it into the Ireland squad but if Keenan gets injured he'd he a reasonable candidate to step in a fullback. Don't think he has a future out wide in green.

Shane Daly should really be looking at a move out west though. He'd start at fullback while he's going to be fifth choice at Munster next season. Has the ability to win caps but the last year has gone badly wrong for him and with about 50 more athletically talented wingers coming through at Ulster he needs to make an impact now or he could be left behind.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of old players returning.
Especially longer servants like Zebo, it sets a good example for younger players coming up.
He's the club record try scorer too, it's good news for them. Would be very happy if I was a Munster fan regardless of how it works out on the pitch. Sport should be fun and enjoyable and stuff like this and say Bale going back to Spurs is just good to see.

He's the club record try scorer too, it's good news for them. Would be very happy if I was a Munster fan regardless of how it works out on the pitch. Sport should be fun and enjoyable and stuff like this and say Bale going back to Spurs is just good to see.
Well lets not forget Keith Earls is hunting him. And closing in on BOD as top Irish scorer in Europe (Zebo likely to pass this) and all time record in European Rugby.

Latest posts