• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Great Day...

B

bluesfan

I don't know how to contain myself....

Ricky Ponting Cricket.
Burnout Revenge.
Fifa 06 (usually would wait for pro evo but the demo impressed me)

All out tomorrow (thursday)!!

Goodbye paycheck
<

<

i already have blic (got it from trade me) i am gonna wait for pro evo and try them both out b4 i decide which one i want. as for burnout, it may interest me
<

but i am pretty sure my flatmate will get burnout so i wont need to
<

Burnout 3 was pretty crap i reckon. It got reviewed so highly by all my go-to-guys (IGN, gamespot etc) So i bought it and it was a let down for me. Burnout revenge is gettin ranked so high its unbelievable. Check out gamerankings.com. I think they've sucked me in to buying it again.

Burnout 3 destroyed any faith I had left in mankind... thus I pledged to never buy another game in the series again - at least until the next gen.

Any word if there is going to be a new Underground or Midnight Club game anytime soon?

NFS Most Wanted Xbox and PS2 Nov 10th.

Meh too far away to be considered.

As for Midnight Club, it looks like they'll be waiting for the next gen.

Anyway MC3 dub edition is good enuf for me...

What the hell is your guys problem? Burnout 3 was the best game in the series, and imo, one of the best racing games ever. It wasn't realistic, it was it was pure, unadulterated arcade fun.

You guys sadden me.
<

*Slits wrist*

I've heard that from a lot of people, but for me, Burnout 3 didn't have the fun factor that the earlier burnout games had for their time of existence. Mainly the whole aftertouch thing in the crash junctions ****** me off. I liked the plain old slam into as many cars you can using your actual crash physics, not some aftertouch weird godly control you have when you are infact out of control.... if you know what i mean
<

I dunno, everyone has their own opinions. It was a cool game, i'll give it that, but not as awesome as the game reviewers talked it up to be. Maybe my expectations were too high after IGN gave it some ridiculously awesome score.

And I hated that announcer radio guy. Sounded like Ryan Seacrest from American Idol. And that is not good....

Yeah, the announcer was annoying as hell. And you had to sit through the whole video before you get to start, listening to him.

But in terms of gameplay, I thought that the after touch function was a neat addition. Burnout was never supposed to be realistic, therefore it is one of the few games that could get away with something like that. Of course, you don't have to use it. But to each their own.

Wow, I didn't realise that Fifa 2006 was coming out this week. I will definitely keep an eye out for it at the video stores.

Last week played MCDub edition. I was VERY surprised that I actually liked it!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 30 2005, 04:56 PM
Last week played MCDub edition. I was VERY surprised that I actually liked it!
Same here. I never liked the Underground series, and I hate the Boy Racer scene, but MC3 was just plain fun. I love the unrealistic approach (eg. the rewarding speed boosts, the unnecessary yet awesome two wheels etc.). Great fun.

I bought Burnout3 pre-owned a few weeks ago. What a shame my PS2 is brokened!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 30 2005, 11:49 PM
I bought Burnout3 pre-owned a few weeks ago. What a shame my PS2 is brokened!
Still not fixed then? Is it completely rooted? (stuffed)

Am I completely mad, or is Fifa 06, actually pretty good this year? Dont answer that!
I bought it on thursday and it's been really enjoyable. Especially the fifa lounge mode, where I'm kicking all my flatmates asses! For now...

Can you give me a review of the Franchise Mode in it? Ive decided that I will probably wait, but if it gets good reviews Ill just stuff PES and get FIFA.

Burnout 3 was one of the best racers I have ever played probably not the most realistic but I loved it and still play it to this day, but it cannot beat Project Gotham 2 I'm afraid that is THE racer.

Burnout revenge looks class but I played Burnout Legends on PSP last night and thought it wasnt bad, but good for a handheld.

Fifa o6 is one for me to get aswell, I like the series better that Evo, and 06 definently looks like a Evo beater for me.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 1 2005, 10:07 PM
Burnout 3 was one of the best racers I have ever played probably not the most realistic but I loved it and still play it to this day, but it cannot beat Project Gotham 2 I'm afraid that is THE racer.

Burnout revenge looks class but I played Burnout Legends on PSP last night and thought it wasnt bad, but good for a handheld.

Fifa o6 is one for me to get aswell, I like the series better that Evo, and 06 definently looks like a Evo beater for me.
Project Gotham was an awesome racer, sure, easily one of the best on Xbox, but once you thrash it it just doesn't last as long. Burnout 3 was designed simply for it's 'fun factor' and that's why it is the only racer I regularly play...And it's an awesome party game.

I'll tell you a truly brilliant (multiplayer) car game, Mashed. Oh yes.

Mashed? thats a great game if your with your mates, but it doesn't keep me going on my own.

A game I am still playing at the moment is Doom 3 (xbox) along with:

Burnout 3

Fifa 05 (waiting for 06)

Rugby 2005 (waiting for RC2006)

Burnout revenge will be on my shelf in a few days hopefully.

Yeah, I'm finally getting BLIC this Tuesday, along with Burnout Revenge, and Far Cry Instincts. I love wasting money.

I have to buy a new car soon as well.

Latest posts