G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
if anyone is interested.

Sarries won 65-13 on friday v Bath

Leicester Tigers Development XV (v Worcester Cavaliers, Sixways, Monday 7.30pm)
15 Jordan Olowofela
14 George Catchpole
13 Gareth Owen
12 Charlie Thacker
11 Jonah Holmes
10 Tom Hardwick
9 Harry Simmons
1 Kyle Traynor
2 Harry Mahoney
3 Ben Betts
4 Sam Lewis
5 Joe Maksymiw
6 Tom Croft (c)
7 Will Evans
8 Valentino Mapapalangi
Replacements
16 Callum Lynch
17 Owen Hills
18 Joe Heyes
19 Toby Hutchinson
20 Fred Tuilagi
21 Jonno Kitto
22 Matt Travers
23 Jon Hughes
V
Worcester Cavaliers
15 Nick David
14 Tom Howe
13 Ollie Lawrence (Bromsgrove School/Warriors Under 18s)
12 Ollie Allsopp (Birmingham Moseley)
11 Alex Hearle
10 Sam Hollingsworth (Birmingham Moseley)
9 Sam Pointon (Birmingham Moseley)
1 Gareth Milasinovich
2 Matti Williams
3 Nick Rigby
4 Justin Clegg
5 Christian Scotland-Williamson
6 Ted Hill
7 Huw Taylor (C)
8 Tom Dodd

Replacements
16 Niall Annett
17 Kai Owen (Luctonians)
18 Jay Tyack (Birmingham Moseley)
19 Aaron Crofts (Birmingham Moseley)
20 Owien Harriott-Davis (King's Worcester/Warriors Under 18s)
21 Josh Nott (Nottingham Trent University)
22 Josh Jarvis (Birmingham Moseley)
23 Afeafe Haisila Lokotui

We lost 7-22 with a side with a sprinkling of senior side and internationals in (Charnley, Leota, Neild, Nott)
We always seem to get a kicking in the A league

Edit: just seen the Northampton side had North, Dickinson, Nutley, Horne, Reinach, Stephenson and Elliot in so I don't feel as bad now

Tigers beat Wuss
61 - 12
Tries by
Olowofela x3
Mahoney x2
Simmons
C.Thacker
Kitto
Maksymiw

Hardwick kicked 8 out of 9 cons.

That's the problem with the A-League is there so often seems to be a massive gulf in standard between the 2 XV's playing each other, no matter the clubs involved.

I fully support the A League but in this case you weren't helped by us giving game time to the likes of Croft and Evans but I suppose that is what it is there for.

The quality of a second team is dependent on the health of the club and state of it's academy.

Chairman pours money into the first team looking for quick success. Realises there's a salary cap and suddenly has to trim the squad.

And the academy down there hasn't really been that good for a while?

Last edited:
Genuinely amazed that any professional club can't find 23 players to put out on a pitch, let alone a club like Bath. That is embarrassing.

Out of interest, how are clubs set for putting out a second team when down by 6 THPs?

Do you really think that bringing back a SH would make up for that difference?

Our academy has always been pretty ****, it's been in the best health I can ever remember it over the last 5 years or so.

Out of interest, how are clubs set for putting out a second team when down by 6 THPs?

Do you really think that bringing back a SH would make up for that difference?

Our academy has always been pretty ****, it's been in the best health I can ever remember it over the last 5 years or so.

Tigers had issues when they where in big injury troubles they just found players from Midlands area etc that could play the one game.
Tigers are using 5 students tonight, wasps in the same game are using 6 Nottingham players, a Broadstreet player and a Cov player.

Are you telling me that Bath could not have seen this coming within the week and made some sort of arrangement with surrounding clubs to see if a player was able to do it?
Maybe see if Bath uni has someone who could play?
The fact that this has happened repeatedly with bath IMO feels like Craig doesn't give a **** about anything but the first team.

Don't you have 4 players currently on loan?

4 sounds about right, none of whom would help at THP

Only 5? IIRC against SarriesA we had as many uni kids as we did Bath players.
There comes a point where there's only so many players you can borrow.
Up front, there comes a point where it's dangerous to put out the available quality/experience against full-time professionals.

Again Tigers have had props from Nat 2 play for us.

For me considering that conference has 1 extra team already Bath should be warn one more like that in the next 3 years and you are out.

Our game postponed because Worcester couldn't raise a team, according to Neil Briggs (our academy coach)

It is more than usual; but "usual" is yet to account for considering concussion to be an injury.

My gut feeling is that there are also more non-concussive injuries, but also more ball-in-play time alongside an ever-increasing expectation of big hits (20 years ago Ford would have been a defensive behemoth for a FH)

You'll all be pleased to hear that Bath are actually putting out a team for Monday - against Exeter of all people.
We've a Backhouse at 6, hooker at 7, a 7 at 8, a kid called "Steve Bath" and most delightfully, a pair of Levi's

15. Tom Homer
14. Levi Davis
13. Jack Wilson
12. Steve Bath
11. Harry Davies
10. James Wilson
9. Max Green

1. Nick Auterac
2. Nathan Charles (c)
3. Max Lahiff
4. Levi Douglas
5. James Phillips