• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A little update from the ground

kbourke88

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Waratahs
So I noticed a lot of threads in the last couple of months where people are beginning to get a little disheartened with the progress from HB...
I thought it would be of note that a mate of mine from the Waratahs told me they had all their profiles taken for the upcoming game (face photos, stats, etc). We all jumped up and down with excitement, and then went back to the beers, but in terms of confirmation that the game is going ahead, it seems that they are definitely at least at that stage of the development.
Surely there must be some other TRF members who know people in the franchises around the world who can also confirm this kind of thing going on in their club?

Said different game so that means not Rugby Challenge!

I meant a different game to the one being implied which was Rugby 2012.

Trying to be tactful here given the specific subforum we are in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video that includes some shots of the photo shoot, Al Baxter clearly says "Tru Blu" games... FYI Tru Blu is part of Home Entertainment Suppliers, who are publishing the upcoming Rugby Challenge game.

(go to 4:20 to see the photo shoot)

Alas, my secret is out. It was me taking the photos.'Tru Blu' is in fact the pseudonym I have been using so far to keep things under the radar. So thanks alot, 'kbourke'. I might aswell start releasing some info.

I am developing my own Rugby game, 'Super Cool and Awesome Rugby.'

I've got as far as extensively profiling every club side in the southern hemisphere, for which I had to take out a speculative business loan from a Latvian man called 'Pavel the murderer' who gave me a very reasonable interest rate. I haven't read the small print yet, because it's in Latvian - but I'm sure it'll be fine. He smiled warmly when we signed the deal, and that's enough for me.
Anyway, accordingly, the vital statistics for the game are going to be absolutely bang on. Most of the Super XV sides were even willing to give me their inside leg measurements and favourite Judd Apatow films. I can also exclusively reveal that there WILL be sevens gameplay mode, but rather than controlling the on-pitch action, the mode will require the player to play a number of mini games, at each of the sevens circuit venues. These will include: quickly dressing yourself as amusingly as possible, speed drinking warm antipodean lager, and controlling the lens of a TV camera, sifting through the crowd for the prettiest/sluttiest girl.
It may be a while before any screenshots or promotional videos emerge - I'm not very good with computers and stuff, so I'm rendering most of my ideas with shapes I cut out of Shreddies boxes, a surprisingly efficient and rewarding way to work. If I can squeeze my investor for another couple of K's, we are hoping to involve current England international fly-half 'Jamie Noon', to help with our motion capture and box art.
I'll keep you all posted, Pavel wants to meet me by a bridge for a chat. Cool!

Here's a video that includes some shots of the photo shoot, Al Baxter clearly says "Tru Blu" games... FYI Tru Blu is part of Home Entertainment Suppliers, who are publishing the upcoming Rugby Challenge game.

(go to 4:20 to see the photo shoot)

Small anecdote - HES had to get him to record that twice because the first time he said "new EA rugby game".

SO challenge are getting Auzzie franchises aswell?! 2012 doesnt look too hot with regards to licensing! the graphics on the super rugby launch at SIDHE were damn good!

Alas, my secret is out. It was me taking the photos.'Tru Blu' is in fact the pseudonym I have been using so far to keep things under the radar. So thanks alot, 'kbourke'. I might aswell start releasing some info.

I am developing my own Rugby game, 'Super Cool and Awesome Rugby.'

I've got as far as extensively profiling every club side in the southern hemisphere, for which I had to take out a speculative business loan from a Latvian man called 'Pavel the murderer' who gave me a very reasonable interest rate. I haven't read the small print yet, because it's in Latvian - but I'm sure it'll be fine. He smiled warmly when we signed the deal, and that's enough for me.
Anyway, accordingly, the vital statistics for the game are going to be absolutely bang on. Most of the Super XV sides were even willing to give me their inside leg measurements and favourite Judd Apatow films. I can also exclusively reveal that there WILL be sevens gameplay mode, but rather than controlling the on-pitch action, the mode will require the player to play a number of mini games, at each of the sevens circuit venues. These will include: quickly dressing yourself as amusingly as possible, speed drinking warm antipodean lager, and controlling the lens of a TV camera, sifting through the crowd for the prettiest/sluttiest girl.
It may be a while before any screenshots or promotional videos emerge - I'm not very good with computers and stuff, so I'm rendering most of my ideas with shapes I cut out of Shreddies boxes, a surprisingly efficient and rewarding way to work. If I can squeeze my investor for another couple of K's, we are hoping to involve current England international fly-half 'Jamie Noon', to help with our motion capture and box art.
I'll keep you all posted, Pavel wants to meet me by a bridge for a chat. Cool!

Excellent!!! ****-taking at its very best.

My design team have finalised the box art for my upcoming game, 'Super Cool & Awesome Rugby'.

More news to follow.

SCAR.jpg

Latest posts