• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A look ahead: the 2014 Six Nations

with all due respect to Scotland, they would lose against both those teams quite certainly, and you can add (a full strength) Toulouse there too at least, if not more Top 14 sides.

France is basically a Top 14 side with lots of good players but a terrible coach/gameplan/chemistry.

Yeh the second paragraph is spot on . Must be so frustrating for French supporters because they have a phenomenal match 23 when all are fit . I really thought France would stuff wales without AWJ and JD . We know the rest .....

Yeh the second paragraph is spot on . Must be so frustrating for French supporters because they have a phenomenal match 23 when all are fit . I really thought France would stuff wales without AWJ and JD . We know the rest .....

yup...

For England to win, a number of things can happen so we'll just have to wait n see. The tournament is really wide open right now, although Scotland and Italy are out of course and France are in a very delicate situation and have to count on others losing too.
The most likely winners actually seem to be England or Wales to me right now. Ireland do still have their game in Paris, and although they're on a high and France don't have a gameplan they have struggled in Paris historically..

yup...

For England to win, a number of things can happen so we'll just have to wait n see. The tournament is really wide open right now, although Scotland and Italy are out of course and France are in a very delicate situation and have to count on others losing too.
The most likely winners actually seem to be England or Wales to me right now. Ireland do still have their game in Paris, and although they're on a high and France don't have a gameplan they have struggled in Paris historically..

I think will greenwood was right if Ireland do Italy by 20 points then they can concentrate solely on winning in Paris even if it's by a single point plus they are playing last so they will know what they need to do

Right. But they've still lost in Twickenham and have their other away game to deal with.

A side like England has a home game to take care of, as rough as it'll be, and then go to Rome. If they beat Wales, it's over for Wales, so that's one down. And if Ireland fail in France, England are all clear - unless France in the meantime has accumulated tons of points (in MF and vs Ireland), which virtually will not happen.
Again, France are only +1 and England a healthy +21.

But in this scenario, England might struggle to store lots of points: they may only beat Wales and Italy by smt like 8, total. Let's say they're about +30 at the end. Likely it'll be enough.

France could see their individuals shine and score a few tries in MF, win by 15-20 although it's hard to see it happen. And then beat Ireland by a convincing 10-12, which is also hard to imagine...

So basically for England: step 1, beat Wales. And then they just have to hope Ireland fall in Paris and insure victory in Stadio Olimpico.

Right. But they've still lost in Twickenham and have their other away game to deal with.

A side like England has a home game to take care of, as rough as it'll be, and then go to Rome. If they beat Wales, it's over for Wales, so that's one down. And if Ireland fail in France, England are all clear - unless France in the meantime has accumulated tons of points (in MF and vs Ireland), which virtually will not happen.
Again, France are only +1 and England a healthy +21.

But in this scenario, England might struggle to store lots of points: they may only beat Wales and Italy by smt like 8, total. Let's say they're about +30 at the end. Likely it'll be enough.

France could see their individuals shine and score a few tries in MF, win by 15-20 although it's hard to see it happen. And then beat Ireland by a convincing 10-12, which is also hard to imagine...

So basically for England: step 1, beat Wales. And then they just have to hope Ireland fall in Paris and insure victory in Stadio Olimpico.

I like how you are being positive about England . We really are mates now aren't we ? Haha ;)

I like how you are being positive about England . We really are mates now aren't we ? Haha ;)

mmm...I dunno. Some random dude once said 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'....so either way, I got me eye on you sonny !! But we're still officially in the truce bubble...unfortunately I'm naturally starting to build trust towards you, but I'm watching that really closely and containing it as best I can.

And I'm not being positive about England, just objective !!!

mmm...I dunno. Some random dude once said 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'....so either way, I got me eye on you sonny !! But we're still officially in the truce bubble...unfortunately I'm naturally starting to build trust towards you, but I'm watching that really closely and containing it as best I can.

And I'm not being positive about England, just objective !!!

Haha fair enough I'm luring you into a false sense of security the pow ! I'm gonna rant again ! Lol

Haha fair enough I'm luring you into a false sense of security the pow ! I'm gonna rant again ! Lol

that girl who's giving you massages and all kinds of fleshly pleasures these days, she'll be gone eventually. And I'm waiting for your old self to storm back onto these pages at any moment now !....

any moment now...

that girl who's giving you massages and all kinds of fleshly pleasures these days, she'll be gone eventually. And I'm waiting for your old self to storm back onto these pages at any moment now !....

any moment now...

Be more French

Ba ba ba bada bee bo fee fy fo fum boodoo dee dee BU BUUUUUUUMPPPPP ç!!!!!!!...

Latest posts