• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A moment of oyur time please

J

Jester

Hey I was just wondering if could have your opinion on something. Personally im a huge rugby union fan but have never really gotten into league but i am dieing for a really good rugby game rugby 2005 is good but after a while the flaws start to show more and more. i was just wondering if you as league fans think that i (as a union fan) will be able to apprciate this game fully?

P.S. i also apologise for my appauling attempts to spell

Originally posted by Jester@Apr 8 2005, 12:04 AM
Hey I was just wondering if could have your opinion on something. Personally im a huge rugby union fan but have never really gotten into league but i am dieing for a really good rugby game rugby 2005 is good but after a while the flaws start to show more and more. i was just wondering if you as league fans think that i (as a union fan) will be able to apprciate this game fully?

P.S. i also apologise for my appauling attempts to spell
Well it really depends mate... Did you actually "just never really get into league" or do you find it boring and hate everything about it?
If your the latter I'd say it wouldn't matter how good the game is and your still gonna hate it (I'm like that with Gridiron; I absolutely couldn't stand the Madden games simply due to the fact that I find Gridiron to be such an irritating and boring sport to watch). However, if you've never really paid league much thought one way or the other though, then I'd say this is a game you could really get into!
Of course it's not out till september and as such no one has played it, but it's loaded with options (more than Rugby 2005), has stunning graphics and commentary, has the licenses of pretty much every RL team immaginable and it will be online!

go to www.rugbyleague2.com and check out the features if you haven't already.

As it stands it is simply that iv never really gotten into league. iv always been into rugby but i dont have sky or anything like so been in the UK the only rugby i get see properly is stuff like the 6 nations so obvisouly i became more a union fan. but the odd few games of league iv seen i have enjoyed and it does look like a good game.
Out of interest how do you think it will take to adapt to the different rules etc?

Not long...
League is more black and white than Union; the rules are much less open to interpretation, either something is wright or wrong on 90% of rulings, so there's no argument about NH or SH style of reffing (if you don't count dominant tackles). There is almost no circumstances where the ball is contested, not even in scrums (teams usually try to force errors with aggressive defence etc), there are no line outs (if the ball goes out, it just goes back to another scrum), there are 13 players instead of 15 and the position numbers are the other way around (ie: the Fullback is no.1 in RL), a try is worth 4 points, conversion 2, droppy 1 and penelty 2. Tackling is more aggressive and dangerous due to the 10 metre gap and legality of shoulder charging, you can't ever kick out on the full, not even in your 10 metre zone (thats something that may take a bit of getting used to, you always run the ball in league, even if when your deep in your own half) and you get 6 chances with the ball before it's turned over (as a result teams usually kick before they get forced to turn it over).

There are more rules that you'll learn along the way, but those are the main differences.

To be perfectly honest Jester, Rugby League helped me appreciate league more, I hardly ever watch it really, but I actually like league.

I'm still a union fan but I watch the Warriors.

.....Now that they win.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Apr 8 2005, 07:51 PM
I'm still a onion fan
I like onions
<

But seriously, I too got more into rugby league as a high school student because of ARL 96 (I had played in juniors and sorta went off it for a while).

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 8 2005, 09:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Apr 8 2005, 09:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Apr 8 2005, 07:51 PM

I'm still a onion fan
I like onions
<

But seriously, I too got more into rugby league as a high school student because of ARL 96 (I had played in juniors and sorta went off it for a while). [/b]
<

D'oh!

I will fix it.

just get the new rugby league game dude

it will rock ur world!!!!

i didnt really get into the 1st one, coz of a few bugs and glitches, but it was a commendable debut effort, which will only get better with sequels

Commentary is already in a class of its own.........up there with US sports ***les if not better

Originally posted by ak47@Apr 11 2005, 02:27 PM

i didnt really get into the 1st one, coz of a few bugs and glitches, but it was a commendable debut effort, which will only get better with sequels

Commentary is already in a class of its own.........up there with US sports ***les if not better
Definately! RL1 had plenty of gamplay problems, but the commentary was one of the smoothest most convincing peices of work any sports game has had! Vossy is a champion at it!

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 11 2005, 03:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Apr 11 2005, 03:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Apr 11 2005, 02:27 PM

Definately! RL1 had plenty of gamplay problems, but the commentary was one of the smoothest most convincing peices of work any sports game has had! Vossy is a champion at it! [/b]
thats absolutely true
its got everything....fluidity, emotion.
the best i've ever heard for a budget production.
i think its coz vossy keeps the same tone throughout his speeches and sounds as if its TV.

cant wait for RL2

Latest posts