• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Nintendo revolution in 2005?

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 25 2004, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 25 2004, 10:04 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 25 2004, 02:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@Jun 25 2004, 02:08 PM
Don't like the XBOX either Sanzar, so fear not, one of our famous rows isn't round the corner!
<

I wouldn't get into an argument over which I think is best because I have all 3 consoles... I was just trying to point out that the GC is pretty successful depending on which market you look at.
<
What.. the Asian market where the average person has a brain of a 2 year old? [/b]
............ doesn't really work very well you racist ********. Especially considering the combined Australasian market is worth about a BILLIONTH of the asian market in terms of revenue... Why would they give a toss if some stupid degenerate anglophile thinks they are of little importance compare to his coutry's 3 million population.

Nintendo always seems to bring the first console out & the first to go!!

I have always found that nintendo games are based too much on children auidences & that the adult games never seem to reach their potential (in my eyes)

I am an xbox fan, i think its the best console out there because it has more of the games i go for.

I also have a playstation 2 but only play on pro evo 2 with my bro. I find the ps2 games are too average & there no big games available for it

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jun 30 2004, 03:00 AM
Nintendo always seems to bring the first console out & the first to go!!

I have always found that nintendo games are based too much on children auidences & that the adult games never seem to reach their potential (in my eyes)

I am an xbox fan, i think its the best console out there because it has more of the games i go for.

I also have a playstation 2 but only play on pro evo 2 with my bro. I find the ps2 games are too average & there no big games available for it
its a nintendo strong point....the kiddie market...and it works....look at the japanese they run around dressed like little kids
<
<
<

x-box is winning over ps2 in the u.s at the moment.....ea sports has dumped their leading sports ***les such as madden and nba live into the x-box live on-line play system....and the several years of development of other ***les such as halo2 is paying off!!....its looking good for the next 2/3 years for x-box owners....

im still hoping nintendo will do well with their next console...

the world needs mario
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 30 2004, 10:32 AM
im still hoping nintendo will do well with their next console...

the world needs mario
<
Don't worry. As I said before, the Game Cube was actually a massive success! They'll never be unsuccessful as long as they have the Asian market (which has large numbers of games produced for it that never reach western audiences... and THAT is why nintendo is commonly misrepresented as a "kids" console).

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jun 30 2004, 03:00 AM
You weren't into Resident Evil?

Originally posted by Wally+Jun 30 2004, 12:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jun 30 2004, 12:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Jun 30 2004, 03:00 AM
You weren't into Resident Evil? [/b]
or Metroid Prime (that kicks Halo's ass in my book).

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 30 2004, 12:14 PM
You weren't into Resident Evil?
Nope not really that fussed on Resident Evil
<

It starts of good but gets on my nerves coz how slow the movement is!!
<

The camera always seem to get in my way all the time
<

I tried getting into silent hill 2 or 3 for the xbox, but coz its so slow it does my head in
<

I did like Devil May Cry on the ps2, I completed the first one & it was great, but after buying the 2nd one, it seemed that the bosses where far too large and that you would take ages to kill one big boss & another one would appear!!
<
<
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 30 2004, 06:20 PM
Metroid Prime (that kicks Halo's ass in my book).
I have never played Metroid Prime, but I have seen alot of gameplay footage & i just saw a video review. It does looks half decent, but it would never touch the sheer class of Halo

My reasons that Metroid Prime just doesn't compare to Halo

* Lack of weapons on Metroid Prime (this is only what i saw)
* Its only 1 player
* The on screen hud in too large & in your way
* Shooting is crap, reminds me of Unreal Tournament
* Have you ever played Halo??
* Have you played Halo multiplayer via system link??
* No story as such
* Halo has the best ever aiming for a console (so far)
* You play as a Woman (thats what I just heared anyway!)
* Roll up into a ball looks pathetic
* Need I say more??
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+Jun 30 2004, 10:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Jun 30 2004, 10:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jun 30 2004, 06:20 PM
I have never played Metroid Prime, but I have seen alot of gameplay footage & i just saw a video review. It does looks half decent, but it would never touch the sheer class of Halo

* Its only 1 player
* No story as such
* Need I say more??
<
[/b]
I have both and I prefer Metroid Prime... Mind you this is because I've always hated FPS and only bought HALO (for $25 mind you
<
)because my mate kept on going on about it... Metroid Prime is completely original and different from any other first person perspective game on the market and is designed to be an exploration based single player game, not some thing that bothers me because me and my mates will only ever play sporting games in multiplayer (though that doesn't really bother me because I don't really care for anything but sports games when it comes to multiplayer and as a result never bought the 'live' components), it is also designed to retain the isolated and alien feel of the original metroid ***les from the late 80's and early ninety's (all of which I loved), and if you never played them then you'd have no idea what the roll up ball was all about... Another thing you don't realise is that Metroid Prime has a rich and interesting storyline, but it's not in your face and over the top like Halo or MGS2 etc, but instead you have to uncover the story as you explore and find information (which is really creepy as you slowly uncover bits of information and find out whats been going on)... But as you said you never played Metroid so you can't really comment on this. As for aiming, well MP has an autolock feature that makes aiming easy as ****...

Personally I never even bothered to finish HALO, I got the shits with it after everyone starts mutating and the whole "flood" story line takes over... I just got bored with it and I hate the American voice acting (DAM thats bad!).
For me the best XBOX game I've played has been Ninja Gaiden! That shits on Halo in terms of playability, storyline (I like manga) and sheer fun! and the FMV sequences are mind blowing!

Need I say more?
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 1 2004, 01:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 1 2004, 01:29 AM)</div>
Originally posted by gjohn85@Jun 30 2004, 10:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jun 30 2004, 06:20 PM

* Its only 1 player
* No story as such
* Need I say more??
<
I have both and I prefer Metroid Prime... Mind you this is because I've always hated FPS and only bought HALO (for $25 mind you
<
)because my mate kept on going on about it... Metroid Prime is completely original and different from any other first person perspective game on the market and is designed to be an exploration based single player game, not some thing that bothers me because me and my mates will only ever play sporting games in multiplayer (though that doesn't really bother me because I don't really care for anything but sports games when it comes to multiplayer and as a result never bought the 'live' components), it is also designed to retain the isolated and alien feel of the original metroid ***les from the late 80's and early ninety's (all of which I loved), and if you never played them then you'd have no idea what the roll up ball was all about... Another thing you don't realise is that Metroid Prime has a rich and interesting storyline, but it's not in your face and over the top like Halo or MGS2 etc, but instead you have to uncover the story as you explore and find information (which is really creepy as you slowly uncover bits of information and find out whats been going on)... But as you said you never played Metroid so you can't really comment on this. As for aiming, well MP has an autolock feature that makes aiming easy as ****...

Personally I never even bothered to finish HALO, I got the shits with it after everyone starts mutating and the whole "flood" story line takes over... I just got bored with it and I hate the American voice acting (DAM thats bad!).
For me the best XBOX game I've played has been Ninja Gaiden! That shits on Halo in terms of playability, storyline (I like manga) and sheer fun! and the FMV sequences are mind blowing!

Need I say more?
<
[/b]
ninja gaiden whats that like???...is the gameplay like prince of persia or more like tenchu???...it hasnt touch down yet on our shores
<

Meteroid Prime is an Exclusive Gamecube game , so I automatically file it under ''Japanese 4 Year Old ****''

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 1 2004, 04:10 PM
Meteroid Prime is an Exclusive Gamecube game , so I automatically file it under ''Japanese 4 Year Old ****''
4 year old Japanese ****? So what are you saying to us? That your not of a sufficient mental age to cope with it yet?
<
<
<

Anyway MP was made in the US...

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 1 2004, 02:11 PM
ninja gaiden whats that like???...is the gameplay like prince of persia or more like tenchu???...it hasnt touch down yet on our shores
<
The gameplay is like a mix of Prince of Persia and Devil May Cry with a hint of Tenchu (no stealth in Ninja Gainden)... It's absolutely wicked fun to play and the graphics are brilliant.

What i heard and seen about ninja gaiden is awesome, but i have been put off because everyone who has it says that the difficulty is too hard!!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 2 2004, 07:11 AM
What i heard and seen about ninja gaiden is awesome, but i have been put off because everyone who has it says that the difficulty is too hard!!
Really??? I didn't think that at all. If anything bosses and levels are occasionally anticlimatically easy, if you put it on normal anyway... All you have to do is make sure you don't use your items too quick and be more clever when finghting groups of enemies.

It must be the people who said its hard are crap at computer games or you (sanzar) is extremly good at games
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 1 2004, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 1 2004, 07:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 1 2004, 04:10 PM
4 year old Japanese ****? So what are you saying to us? That your not of a sufficient mental age to cope with it yet?
<
<
<

Anyway MP was made in the US... [/b]
Ripper and his Gaycube bashing, you can't beat it!
<
<

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jul 3 2004, 01:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jul 3 2004, 01:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 1 2004, 07:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 1 2004, 04:10 PM

<
<
<

Anyway MP was made in the US...
Ripper and his Gaycube bashing, you can't beat it!
<
<
[/b]
Yes you can! Me and you and our NFL (Nancy ****** League) bashing is of a much higher calibre of sledging....
<
<
<

Latest posts