• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I think it was discussed on her previously, but what crime would be enough to bar him from office or is only the senate able to do that, because any conviction by any democratic legal body will just be brushed off as a witch hunt and won't dent his following.

Isn't that a gimmick account? I'm pretty sure the wonderful story about the Brexiteer French holiday home owners turned out to be a fabrication, what makes you think that this is true?
Not as far as I know, but its not like I follow it.
No idea, I don't follow the account, or known what story you're referring to.
Because Garage thinks it's true - and thinks it's cancel culture, because he wasn't cancelled, but no-one wanted to hear him talk: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-twitter-us-tour-b1849404.html

Biden at the Ford event

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

Not as far as I know, but its not like I follow it.
No idea, I don't follow the account, or known what story you're referring to.
Because Garage thinks it's true - and thinks it's cancel culture, because he wasn't cancelled, but no-one wanted to hear him talk: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-twitter-us-tour-b1849404.html
It was a great read, brilliantly written, covered all the stereotypes, but alas turned out to be a hoax. It's his pinned Tweet - well worth a read.

Edit: This is very good too:

Tends to suggest a tendency towards trolling to me!

Last edited:
Cohen should be right with him.

Dude helped him, and jumped ship when he felt the tides turning against him.

Edit: forgot he served 1 year of his 3 year sentence.

This guy
2018 flipped on trump and took a guilty plea of only 3 years
2019 sent to federal prison
2020 due to covid got transferred to home confinement, he refused his home confinement terms as he wouldn't be allowed to speak to the media and got re-arrested, he took it to court and won on the grounds he was saying this was to prevent him releasing his book.
2020 Release "tell all" memoir.....

Last edited:
Cohen has to make a living somehow now. Might as well be off the back of his old boss.

I just wish he wasn't in the public eye and still serving his time.
The dude now has like a fanbase in the central left.

I feel like people can be way to quick to forgive and forget when it comes to politics.

It is a joke how these criminals like Cohen end up making a living off their criminal past. Write a book, appear in numerous news channels telling the "inside" Know how of how Trump worked etc and getting paid for it no doubt.

I just wish he wasn't in the public eye and still serving his time.
The dude now has like a fanbase in the central left.

I feel like people can be way to quick to forgive and forget when it comes to politics.
More they are willing to do so when you switch sides and start sticking the boot in the same person you think is a *******, Ultimately people want to see the big guy at the top toppled and will forgive what people lower down did to see that happen.

One can hope that this is the first step to the Tories finally accepting the franchise model is a complete shambles, highly inefficient, a massive waste and didn't deliver on anything it was supposed to. Not long ago they were laughing at the idea of renationalisation but in essence this would be renationalisation-lite, with timetabling and costs decided by the government. About time too, in the last 3 weeks I have had 3 delayed and 3 cancelled trains, ******* mess.

Now they just have to do the proper thing and fully nationalise it, no more fleecing passengers for sub-standard service that is already heavily funded by the taxpayer when the franchises inevitably fail and go laughing to the bank with our money, leaving a failed service behind.

The claims of stagnation are little more than leftover Tory bullshit from the days when they first privatised it. European countries are able to operate much better train networks than us with more modern equipment and at a fraction of the cost, the so called "stagnation" right there. We have some of the most expensive rails in the world and yet, like most things in this country, what do we have to show for paying this premium? The British people, ever willing to be fleeced to line the pockets of our "betters".

Last edited:

One can hope that this is the first step to the Tories finally accepting the franchise model is a complete shambles, highly inefficient, a massive waste and didn't deliver on anything it was supposed to. Not long ago they were laughing at the idea of renationalisation but in essence this would be renationalisation-lite, with timetabling and costs decided by the government. About time too, in the last 3 weeks I have had 3 delayed and 3 cancelled trains, ******* mess.

Now they just have to do the proper thing and fully nationalise it, no more fleecing passengers for sub-standard service that is already heavily funded by the taxpayer when the franchises inevitably fail and go laughing to the bank with our money, leaving a failed service behind.

The claims of stagnation are little more than leftover Tory bullshit from the days when they first privatised it. European countries are able to operate much better train networks than us with more modern equipment and at a fraction of the cost, the so called "stagnation" right there. We have some of the most expensive rails in the world and yet, like most things in this country, what do we have to show for paying this premium? The British people, ever willing to be fleeced to line the pockets of our "betters".
Screenshot_20200419-232043__01.jpg

I just think it's disgusting it costs £100+ to get a train from Manchester to London.

That's peak times right during the week?
Scandalous.

For me The totally confusing range of fares and which trains to get always put me off getting the trains plus last time came back from Manchester on a Virgin train had *****, who were in our reserved seats and refused to move until told to by a guard.

Latest posts