• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Raab delegated an important call because he was "busy with other calls" or as the rest of us call it, lounging in the sun.
And the call was never made even by the delegated person.

I know this is like the third thing but this yet another incident on the list of why you need to elect serious governments for serious work.

Also clear he has never worked extensively with foreign teams before. I've found everyone usually put in the same amount of work regardless of where they are from the amount of hours they are 'at work' may vary but the actual productivity of a weeks work doesn't.

But it would be Back to the dark ages for the country
This country lives in dark ages permanently, in Medieval ages

Just can't see how they govern effectively within the context of the Islam they wish to impose.
I think,what they really wish to impose has nothing in common with Islam :p Opium, heroin etc - they won't stop it of course, "Taliban against drugs" is a fairytale I guess :p

Well I don't know too much of how the Afghani economy works apart from the Opium poppies being grown there, but how much can that support the economy in the long run, along with any support from Iran and Qatar? They need outside international help just not from USA and other western countries.

Access to international finance and trade would be vital unless it wants its economy to stagnate.

Sure it can survive as a hermit state like North Korea. But it would be Back to the dark ages for the country and oppression of half of the population to comply with a let's face it a repugnancy of Sharia law.

They have won the military battle but governing in the long terms is a Different matter. 20 years is a Long time. Just can't see how they govern effectively within the context of the Islam they wish to impose.
And the Taliban were quite happy with that 20 years ago, I remember them smashing up TVs and switching off electricity. You need to stop thinking they want the same things most other governments want. They really don't care.

Also Afghanistan is very rich on mineral resources including Lithium so you can bet your bottom dollar that the Chinese have already been on the phone promising top Yen for the mining rights.

This has to be a new low for the West, in the space of a week Biden has handed over Afghanistan to a bunch of religious fanatics, one of the worlds biggest Lithium deposits to the Chinese and 1000s of Afghans to death and persecution. Way to go Joe.

Also Afghanistan is very rich on mineral resources including Lithium so you can bet your bottom dollar that the Chinese have already been on the phone promising top Yen for the mining rights.
As far as I know they actually "rented" one area in Afghanistan for that (already) and they prudently discussed it with the previous government as well as with Taliban at the same time. I should search for the details because I only heard this information

Also Afghanistan is very rich on mineral resources
Also heard about it. Plus,there are a lot of oilfields there as well etc etc

Last edited:

Ian Botham, the former England cricketer known for legendary clashes with Australia, has been appointed UK government trade envoy to the country.

Lord Botham, along with Baroness Hoey and several MPs, have been made trade envoys to boost British business interests around the world

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

And the Taliban were quite happy with that 20 years ago, I remember them smashing up TVs and switching off electricity. You need to stop thinking they want the same things most other governments want. They really don't care.

This has to be a new low for the West, in the space of a week Biden has handed over Afghanistan to a bunch of religious fanatics, one of the worlds biggest Lithium deposits to the Chinese and 1000s of Afghans to death and persecution. Way to go Joe.
Why would China be offering Japan's currency to the Taliban? ;)

Latest posts