• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

By this time next week today and partygate will have been largely forgotten by the media.
Partially yes and partly no, mianly because the Wakefield and Tiverton by-elections are the following week which will blow this all up again especially considering by how much he is projected to lose.

Just for my relatively limited understanding, even if Bojo loses the vote tonight does he still have to resign? I only ask because he broke the ministerial code and didn't resign. Is there any safeguards to ensure if he does lose he will lose his office?

Just for my relatively limited understanding, even if Bojo loses the vote tonight does he still have to resign? I only ask because he broke the ministerial code and didn't resign. Is there any safeguards to ensure if he does lose he will lose his office?
I can't find the exact rules but he is compelled to resign and can't take part in leadership contest for all intent an purposes he is removed as leader. The Queen would then likely require him to resign due to no longer being the leader of the Tory party.

I can't find the exact rules but he is compelled to resign and can't take part in leadership contest for all intent an purposes he is removed as leader. The Queen would then likely require him to resign due to no longer being the leader of the Tory party.
So it is still down to him to resign? Think I know we're this is going. Can hear the speech now " I have listened to the feedback from my right honourable colleagues but feel I need to stay in office and continue with the job in hand"

So it is still down to him to resign? Think I know we're this is going. Can hear the speech now " I have listened to the feedback from my right honourable colleagues but feel I need to stay in office and continue with the job in hand"
I think its very much written that it isn't a choice to resign for all intent and purposes the Conservative party no longer consider him leader. Its just about how 'dignified' he wants to be.

I think its very much written that it isn't a choice to resign for all intent and purposes the Conservative party no longer consider him leader. Its just about how 'dignified' he wants to be.
Yeah let's see. There needs to be some better safeguards about how prime ministers hold onto power

Reading between the lines of the RMT worker: "we don't give a **** about commuters" "we'll strike because we can and want a day off work." " the reason being given of striking to protect 600 staff being cut is a BS excuse, because we have striked for even less and still get 8.4% pay rise."

Most of the front staff I see when commuting into London, just stand around anyway. One time one passenger jumped the gates whilst all of us paying suckers waited patiently to get thorough the gates - asked the guard are you going to do anything about it - " he answered no." And carried on doing nothing. 🤬

One things about being able to WFH I have not missed is missing the misery these cnuts cause from striking.

Feel for the millions of commuters being forced onto buses and total inconvenience by these bar stewards.

*Rant* over.

The thing that annoys me is this narrative of "I've already started to make cultural changes at No.10" as if he's allowed a free hit at totally messing up as PM and is awarding himself another chance to get things right - that's not for him to determine.

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me is this narrative of "I've already started to make cultural changes at No.10" as if he's allowed a free hit at totally messing up as PM and is awarding himself another chance to get things right - that's not for him to determine.
Especially given a lot of the culture that exists at number 10 has been cultivated by him and he hasn't changed one bit. It's the response that grinds my gears more than anything else, the Tories talking like they get to decide their own rules and punishments and tell the public what the public think rather than the reverse. The whole "the public want us to get on with the job", no they ******* don't you arrogant fuckwits because you've been messing up with "getting on with the job" that doing nothing would be preferable to letting this lot carry on.

It is all blowing up in Toryville, let's just enjoy ourselves.

I've emailed my MP, asking for confirmation on whether he'll be voting in favour of law and order, or lawbreaking and drunk & disorderly.

I don't expect any reply, but if I do it'll be a copy/paste reply that Johnson told him to send out.

Also e-mailed my MP telling him BJ must be removed from office - reminding him about his reply re: Cummings. He's a cabinet minister, but not yet seen him come out publicly for BJ yet, but he is an arse licker so only a matter of time.

Didn't expect to see Andrew Bridgen coming out against BJ.

Last edited:
So is the Vote confirmed?
And if so, do we know what time? Is it today, is the result televised etc.?

So much information flying about atm I'm a bit lost with it all

So is the Vote confirmed?
And if so, do we know what time? Is it today, is the result televised etc.?

So much information flying about atm I'm a bit lost with it all
Between 6pm and 8pm tonight, I think results are out shortly afterwards.

Latest posts