• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Although Mock the Week has been cancelled

Scenes you like to see

Although Mock the Week has been cancelled

Scenes you like to see

That nutter turned up late to his own hearing as he was on his show calling the judge demonic and a goblin and slagging off the jury... The guy is insane. He should be slapped with contempt of court and perjury straight away. You should not be able to get away with being a lying ******* who ignores the law just because you are rich and famous.

I do like how his lawyer "accidentally" sent a ton of text messages (and emails?) to the opposition lawyer, which Jones claimed didn't exist/he had no recollection of

That level of incompetence has to be on purpose, surely?

I do like how his lawyer "accidentally" sent a ton of text messages (and emails?) to the opposition lawyer, which Jones claimed didn't exist/he had no recollection of

That level of incompetence has to be on purpose, surely?
It's not like we are struggling for examples of legal incompetence recently though... I used to think getting into law was exceptionally difficult and yet have been seeing some absolutely moronic stuff recently. Then again, when I was younger I thought most adults were sensible, grown up and rational. How wrong that turned out to be.

So my whole adult life has been either stumbling out the end of the 2007 crash, the credit crunch, austerity, Brexit, Covid and now Ukraine but apparently I've never had it better and I'm just part of a selfish me me me generation and wanting just a bit of stability is too much to ask? Now charging headlong into the worst inflation in decades and recession just as I'm buying a property? Oh goody...

Thankfully Rishi is on the case
The thing is water companies do need to be looked at. Almost everywhere only has one company which basically makes it a monopoly and they do waste so much water each year.

What's ridiculous is that it takes a hosepipe ban in Conservative areas during a conservative election for the issue to get any political attention.

So my whole adult life has been either stumbling out the end of the 2007 crash, the credit crunch, austerity, Brexit, Covid and now Ukraine but apparently I've never had it better and I'm just part of a selfish me me me generation and wanting just a bit of stability is too much to ask? Now charging headlong into the worst inflation in decades and recession just as I'm buying a property? Oh goody...
Yup out of education for me in 2007, had to immediately rent because my job was in a 'rural' (population ~10k, nearby army base) location so couldn't get public transport for the 26 miles from my home (I didn't drive at the time). Tuition fees meaning my post education wages didn't go as far as those just over 4 years older than me. Inflation meaning my wage packet has always been fighting to stay ahead of it most years. I now earn a higher salary than my father ever did but my money goes nowhere near as far.

I means its insane, in 1986 at the age of 26 to have 2 kids, a wife part time/minimum wage, keep up his hobbies of Football, Rugby and Cricket and own a large 3 bedroom house (valued ~260k these days.....actually that's steal compared to prices here, shows regional price variations). Still no idea how he afforded all that.

I don't get why they are increasing interest rates when it's a supply driven inflation mainly due to the rising whole sale cost of energy and fuel/ war in Ukraine/ food etc.

It will just drive up costs of peoples' mortgages, makes it more expensive for businesses to borrow to invest/employ people. Spend less, which means less demand. So all we are going to get is stagflation in the coming year.

And the increase of 0.5% is hardly encouraging people to save when inflation is 9% heading to 13% which means value of cash savings are being eroded in real terms.

Blunt tool, which will be ineffective.

I don't get why they are increasing interest rates when it's a supply driven inflation mainly due to the rising whole sale cost of energy and fuel/ war in Ukraine/ food etc.
"If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail" Abraham Maslow

Bank of England TBF are having to do it because the gov are doing nothing
Also other countries are raising their interest rates as well. Going to be a global recession in the next year or certainly in Western countries, which was probably part of Putin's plan.

Also other countries are raising their interest rates as well. Going to be a global recession in the next year or certainly in Western countries, which was probably part of Putin's plan.
Interest rates have stayed too low for too long. It was never sustainable and the only reason they are so low is because most governments are up to their eyeballs in debt after 2008 but don't want to pay it back.

As much as I would love to blame this on Putin I fear that's a too simplistic answer

Latest posts