• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Difference between being a coward and going against someone.
I would imagine for Tory Members she is viewed as controllable

Also got to remember are Tory members really going to be in touch with reality. They only managed to do well recently because they could dangle things like Brexit

Yeah but that's the average Tory Voter not the average Tory Member. Surely the members who are politically engaged saw around Christmas how she was manoeuvring herself for a leadership bid and was just as conspicuously absent whenever Johnson was in hot water. Like if you think she was loyal you clearly weren't paying attention.
Not paying attention is standard procedure for the Tories atm. It allows them to pretend to not know about all the **** their party is involved with.

Difference between being a coward and going against someone.
I would imagine for Tory Members she is viewed as controllable

Also got to remember are Tory members really going to be in touch with reality. They only managed to do well recently because they could dangle things like Brexit

This is the crux of it. Truss can be controlled from behind the curtains, Sunak appears not as much

About time someone used this sort of language. Imagine being such an arsehole you LAUGH when someone is talking about how a school shooting happened? No being diplomatic with ***** like that, call them what they are.

Merely 10 miles away and it sounds like an alternative universe

I think you could safely put me on the side of the protestors.

Did I hear that Liz Truss also sems to think that Cheltenham is in Derbyshire? or have I fallen for another spoof elsewhere?

I think you could safely put me on the side of the protestors.

Did I hear that Liz Truss also sems to think that Cheltenham is in Derbyshire? or have I fallen for another spoof elsewhere?

Given how far she seems to stick her chest out on these debates it's probably in Cheltenham whilst she's stood in Derbyshire 🤣

The hiatus is ludicrous especially at a time like this.

The hustings aren't going to change anyone's minds. These are party members who'll have long known their preference.

In week 1 give them 2 TV debates that are made available through all social media channels. Their manifestos - the bits that aren't made up on the hoof - can be similarly circulated.

Then give the members a week to respond to a doodle poll. Having access to t'internet should a requirement for party membership. Sorted.

The hiatus is ludicrous especially at a time like this.

The hustings aren't going to change anyone's minds. These are party members who'll have long known their preference.

In week 1 give them 2 TV debates that are made available through all social media channels. Their manifestos - the bits that aren't made up on the hoof - can be similarly circulated.

Then give the members a week to respond to a doodle poll. Having access to t'internet should a requirement for party membership. Sorted.
But... how would JRM vote if there's no option for carrier pigeons?

Get with the times, you use a servant to deal with the interconnected network fangled stuff after you let them know your choice via dictation.
I have a friend who works for him (civil servant has worked a whole range of these ********). She's an architect who primarily works in the realms of property management. He insisted they work in imperial she refuses because her entire industry in metric.

But yeah unpleasant guy to work for by all accounts but apparently Gove was the worst.

It does make me curious how American politics would look if the primaries and generals were unversed.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but this attack in Crimea is massive and is looking like a partisan/special forces attack. 1000s of Russians are fleeing Crimea which would suggest the Russians have lost control of the area and are in panic. Kyiv is being coy about the whole affair suggesting the Russians shouldn't smoke near munitions. The Kremlin as per usual is blaming it on a munitions accident like it did when the Moscow sank.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but this attack in Crimea is massive and is looking like a partisan/special forces attack. 1000s of Russians are fleeing Crimea which would suggest the Russians have lost control of the area and are in panic. Kyiv is being coy about the whole affair suggesting the Russians shouldn't smoke near munitions. The Kremlin as per usual is blaming it on a munitions accident like it did when the Moscow sank.
It's hilarious how the Russians try to downplay the attacks and the sinking of their ships by making the claim that they are just actually staggeringly and destructively incompetent.

"Don't be stupid! It wasn't the Ukrainians, we just happen to be ******* morons who keep accidently blowing up our own hardware!"

Latest posts