• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Hard to see how Russia can mobilise for a full scale war even if they wanted to.

Back in June they deployed their training or 3rd battalions so there is no one actually there to train the conscripts.

They are almost completely out of Artillery pieces or barrels for those pieces to be more precise having warn them out in their July offensives and they have no spares.

They have for sometime now been deploying T-62 tanks from storage to the front line and they were a very ordinary tank back in the 60s which shows how critically short they are of modern tanks.

They are begging for drones of Iran and other military hardware from ....North Korea.

The Russian air force lacks modern ordnance due to sanctions and still hasn't gotten control of the air, while their black sea fleet hides behind the Crimea due to fear of Harpoon missiles.

I really cannot see the a point where Russia would have the ability for full mobilisation never mind the political consequences of such a move.
I think that's why Ukraines allies will call what they think is a bluff and support offensive action by Ukraine in Russian held areas pre-2014. I think Russia's response will be to try and be much more aggressive with what remains of their airforce in targeting non-military targets and throwing extra, poorly equipped bodies at the problem. He has the natives indoctrinated enough to get short term support for mobilisation I believe.

On the subject of Liz Truss and Anthony Albanese not being recognised, while it may seem amusing I actually think it's a good reflection of the state of Australian and British politics, especially in regards to regularly changing leader. The fact that their countries leaders aren't recognised should be a bit embarrassing. (Yes I know Liz Truss is only recently elected, but still)

On the subject of Liz Truss and Anthony Albanese not being recognised, while it may seem amusing I actually think it's a good reflection of the state of Australian and British politics, especially in regards to regularly changing leader. The fact that their countries leaders aren't recognised should be a bit embarrassing. (Yes I know Liz Truss is only recently elected, but still)

I was thinking the same thing. It's essentially political instability and it's all down to the Tories having a poor track record when it comes to choosing their leaders. People used to say the England football manager's job was a poisoned chalice but Gareth Southgate has outlasted May and Johnson and will likely see off Truss too.

Genuinely amazed that Truss has the gall to remove the cap on bankers bonuses. In the past the Tories at least tried to pretend they weren't out to enrich themselves and **** the poor but they aren't even pretending now, the mask has fully slipped after slowly sliding for the past few years and they are showing exactly what they are. The idea that bankers need obscene bonuses to "attract the best" is complete bullshit. This "best" talent has played a large role in many of our financial problems. **** them.

Some nice selected quotes:
The draft forecast the OBR has provided does not include the impact of the energy bill help. It has offered to provide a forecast including this impact, but that has been rejected.

The fact the offer has not been taken up is raising some concerns about whether the government's tax and spending policy is "flying blind", given predictions that the UK is facing a lengthy recession.

Genuinely amazed that Truss has the gall to remove the cap on bankers bonuses. In the past the Tories at least tried to pretend they weren't out to enrich themselves and **** the poor but they aren't even pretending now, the mask has fully slipped after slowly sliding for the past few years and they are showing exactly what they are. The idea that bankers need obscene bonuses to "attract the best" is complete bullshit.
Biden intentionally or unintentionally took a swipe saying tax cuts to the wealthy and relying on trickle down economics is just a failure. Truss won't last long, but she can do plenty of damage in the meantime.

Biden intentionally or unintentionally took a swipe saying tax cuts to the wealthy and relying on trickle down economics is just a failure. Truss won't last long, but she can do plenty of damage in the meantime.

Does america even have a bankers bonus cap?
He's right, but dudes a full on capitalist himself.

in the past that was definitely the case in Aus, but we had "ScoMo" for 4 year before "Albo" won in a normal election cycle

I think probably just says more about the level of journalism currently, i think if you knew you were commentate such a big event you would have looked up all the big hitters at very least, the wife and I both recognised Truss, stumbled over her name but knew who she was (also one of the last people in so you could assume someone important)

Latest posts