• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Whilst not having enough equipment and logistical support for his current troops - genius
I am really struggling to see how Russia is benefiting from this special military operation. I am struggling to see how anyone is benefiting from it.

News just in: since Putin's speech, all flights from Moscow to Turkey have sold out..

Don't think they have much choice to get inflation under control which in turn increases interest on the humongous debt to pay for it.
Really hope that nobody let's them forget how they saddled the country with huge debts instead of taxing energy companies and the wealthy. If, as I think Liz Truss plans, then the country won't start paying it back for another 20 years, then you theoretically have unborn children paying off the debt of their ancestors. I'm sure this is already happening, but usually it's for improving society, not to avoid taxing the rich.

Really hope that nobody let's them forget how they saddled the country with huge debts instead of taxing energy companies and the wealthy. If, as I think Liz Truss plans, then the country won't start paying it back for another 20 years, then you theoretically have unborn children paying off the debt of their ancestors. I'm sure this is already happening, but usually it's for improving society, not to avoid taxing the rich.
We await Friday'a mini budget to see how Truss's government plans to pay for all this given she's said she'd reverse the NI increases and also CT rates which were due to go up to 25% next April.

Her philosophy is cut taxes to boost growth to then a bigger economy will then deal with paying back the debt and interest.

I am not convinced.

Fracking in the UK will be impossible at any meaningful scale and will not help with the energy price crisis, the founder of the UK's first fracking company has warned.

Chris Cornelius, the geologist who founded Cuadrilla Resources, which drilled the UK's first modern hydraulic fracturing wells in Lancashire, told the Guardian that he believed the government's support for it is merely a "political gesture".

"I don't think there is any chance of fracking in the UK in the near term."

We await Friday'a mini budget to see how Truss's government plans to pay for all this given she's said she'd reverse the NI increases and also CT rates which were due to go up to 25% next April.

Her philosophy is cut taxes to boost growth to then a bigger economy will then deal with paying back the debt and interest.

I am not convinced.
It won't, this "Reagonomics" approach has consistently shown to be pure bullshit. The most noticeable effect is the increase in inequality.

Also: https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-queen-funeral-skabeyeva-1744403

Jesus Russian media are insane.

So Trump demanded there be a special master to oversee the documents and his appointed judge agreed in a completely farcical ruling to begin with. Trump then got the special master he chose. That special master has now demanded Trump prove he declassified the documents or he will work on the assumption that they are still classified and Trump is refusing to cooperate.

Get this fucker in jail. Nobody else would be allowed to mess about like this, especially when we are potentially talking nuclear secrets. That man should not be walking around free.

special master indicating trump had classified documents is hilarious

Trump now facing civil lawsuit from state of New York under some interest statutes. Would really damage his ability to do business.

Latest posts