• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's been constant discussion on the local radio here about it.

100 years since Northern Ireland was proclaimed a Protestant state for Protestant people, but really difficult to read into it.

People might say they are Catholic but are Unionists.

It's significant though
This probably the more significant statistic

"Stripping out religious upbringing, the proportion of people with no religion jumped to 17% from 10%."

Which I believe is a common trend throughout western society. Once you begin taking out one the major stumbling blocks in which group you personally identify with it becomes a lot about what makes sense than tribalism. For Northern Ireland secularism will lead to reunification.

"Trying to expand" our ranks?
That seems to suggest that were sending out missionaries to indoctrinate people into giving up their doctrine - I'm far from convinced that's the case.
I think it's far more passive than that.

"Trying to expand" our ranks?
That seems to suggest that were sending out missionaries to indoctrinate people into giving up their doctrine - I'm far from convinced that's the case.
I think it's far more passive than that.
I shared it more the statistical stuff than actual content...

I'll be watching this with interest. Essentially reports supporting suggestions from the likes of myself that the careerist right wing of the Labour party mobilised its disciplinary apparatus to undermine its leadership which earnt 40% of the vote in the 2017 general election (the highest in almost 50 years) to ensure an establishment figure took over the Labour party after a Tory victory. Early reports are this was achieved by systemic false allegations of anti-Jewish sentiment and homophobia. Who'd have thunk?

It'll be interesting to see what UK media outlets pick this up. If I was England, due to the terrible voting system I'd still possibly vote tactically for Labour if they had the best chance of pinching a seat off the Tories in my constituency but overall they are pretty repellant. Funny to see Truss using the same bogus anti-Jewish allegations against the civil service. They saw how effective a line of misinformation it was and how willing their media chums were to run with such fairytales.

I'll be watching this with interest. Essentially reports supporting suggestions from the likes of myself that the careerist right wing of the Labour party mobilised its disciplinary apparatus to undermine its leadership which earnt 40% of the vote in the 2017 general election (the highest in almost 50 years) to ensure an establishment figure took over the Labour party after a Tory victory. Early reports are this was achieved by systemic false allegations of anti-Jewish sentiment and homophobia. Who'd have thunk?

It'll be interesting to see what UK media outlets pick this up. If I was England, due to the terrible voting system I'd still possibly vote tactically for Labour if they had the best chance of pinching a seat off the Tories in my constituency but overall they are pretty repellant. Funny to see Truss using the same bogus anti-Jewish allegations against the civil service. They saw how effective a line of misinformation it was and how willing their media chums were to run with such fairytales.
I think your over egging what that article says,

Which boils down to "factionalism in large political party", "one faction worked to ensure they were prominent faction"

None of this is revolutionary or even new news. It happened to Blair from the leftmost of the party, it happened to Brown, it happened to Milliband, it happen to Corbyn (who was a constant ringleader saying Blair would deposed when he was on the backbenches) and its happening to Starmer.

Unless anyone can prove a grand conspiracy rather than pockets of people not liking the regime. I think its just straight up factionalism and further proof we need PR to bring down monolith parties rather than just having a party of the left and one of the right.

Includes this complete mystery

In years to come there will be a lot of books written about the Ukrainian special operations behind enemy lines. If the SAS or Navy Seals had carried out that attack on the airfield in Crimea last month the whole western military world would have wet their pants.

This attack on a supply train is just one of many successful operations the Ukrainian forces have carried. Would hate to be a newly mobilised Russian squaddie getting on a train and heading to the front....

Well, at least the mini-budget isn't scary for the country at all.

Let's scrap the top tax rate, encourage risk taking by bankers, reduce tax for huge companies; and pay for this, partly by starving the poor, and partly by borrowing... having reduced our credit rating and ability to trade, whilst going all-in on an economic model that's yet to have been proven not to work multiple times before.

Which comes first, a GE or violence on the streets?

How the **** are they going to pay for anything else?

A 5% cut on earnings above 150k is going to cost how much?
A 1 % cut on earning between £12,571 to £50,270 is going to cost how much? (only saving those at the max end of that a whopping 30 quid a month)
Reversing 6% increase on cooperation tac
Reversing 1.25% NI

Yet the energy price cap will cost 60Bn

**** me they've gone stark raving bonkers.

Oh and the pound is tanking against the USD and EUR as a result of the mini budget which means most things (Fruit, veg, other food, clothes, phones, cars, oil, gas etc.) imported will likely become more expensive. Not sure how that helps during a cost of living crisis.

So basically they are gambling that these giant tax cuts will somehow magically solve everything, whilst completely ignoring that history and past evidence is against them.

I'm feeling positive, but then u left the country already. How about you?

Just realised this budget is so extreme and far from the previous government manifesto that they shouldn't do it (if we had a healthy, functioning democracy) without a general election

Just realised this budget is so extreme and far from the previous government manifesto that they shouldn't do it (if we had a healthy, functioning democracy) without a general election
Does the budget get approved by the Lords? Technically they can strike this down by convention.

I can't belive how extreme it is. Like genuinely can't belive they are giving the top earners that kind of money....

Wonder if Truss is hoping for a bounce in the polls with a view to calling a snap GE. What other aces does she have up her sleeve for the 2024 GE or maybe she's banking on inflation and the CoL crisis being sorted by then?

Wonder if Truss is hoping for a bounce in the polls with a view to calling a snap GE. What other aces does she have up her sleeve for the 2024 GE or maybe she's banking on inflation and the CoL crisis being sorted by then?
Agree with Dunt on this no hint of bounce from anything else dunno why this would make a difference

Latest posts