• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

FFS she's dead or missing beyond finding, if the parents did it their story would of collapsed years ago. I dread to think how much money has gone into this.

Why is it so hard to find who is responsible and get them to pay? Honestly, if the building company and the company that inspected it said it was fit for purpose and flats could be sold, then they need to be held accountable.

Food inflation down by a whopping 0.1% from 17.3% to 17.2%. Must be a massive relief to everyone. The Tories really have managed to grip inflation like they promised.
I know the BBC is under the thumb of the tories, but surely the headline should be, food inflation remains at record levels.

FFS she's dead or missing beyond finding, if the parents did it their story would of collapsed years ago. I dread to think how much money has gone into this.
She is very probably dead and hopefully it was quick and she did not suffer too much. Unfortunately finding out what actually happened and any justice which could ensue has no real price tag. Thankfully, very few, if any of us will experience this.

She is very probably dead and hopefully it was quick and she did not suffer too much. Unfortunately finding out what actually happened and any justice which could ensue has no real price tag. Thankfully, very few, if any of us will experience this.
I agree but also many people don't get the hours of police time that have been spent on this as their own case.

I agree but also many people don't get the hours of police time that have been spent on this as their own case.
I get that but that is the price we pay as a society for our justice system. We don't get a choice. Justice delayed is justice denied. I learnt that from Hillsborough; it creates more grievance. I am about to go through it myself (not to the extent of the McCans). But it's something I think burns inside us a citizens to get justice for criminal wrongs against us. But the justice system is skewed in favour of criminals and the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. Boils down to evidence. Without a body there will never be closure or justice in this case. Sends out the wrong message.

I get that but that is the price we pay as a society for our justice system. We don't get a choice. Justice delayed is justice denied. I learnt that from Hillsborough; it creates more grievance. I am about to go through it myself (not to the extent of the McCans). But it's something I think burns inside us a citizens to get justice for criminal wrongs against us. But the justice system is skewed in favour of criminals and the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. Boils down to evidence. Without a body there will never be closure or justice in this case. Sends out the wrong message.
I think my thoughts are with the amount of people who go missing a year has anyone else had as much time and effort devoted to it as the McCans?

Not one about if they deserve justice but why they are special to get more in seeking out theirs than others.

I think my thoughts are with the amount of people who go missing a year has anyone else had as much time and effort devoted to it as the McCans?

Not one about if they deserve justice but why they are special to get more in seeking out theirs than others.
Well yes you have flip side and we haven't even talked about if she was a little black kid would her case have got as much media attention.

Also sad to read about parents of Brady and Hindley where they died not knowing where their child was buried.

It's like the opposite of the commercial world where you put a price tag on each man hour and how much you can recover to make a profit. That is the way I see the justice system. Not just in MM's case. Yes, ultimately the police will have only so much resources and man power to assign to one case. But outcome is different if it ultimately serves a purpose.

Edit:

Talking of justice finally being served.

Well yes you have flip side and we haven't even talked about if she was a little black kid would her case have got as much media attention.

Also sad to read about parents of Brady and Hindley where they died not knowing where their child was buried.

It's like the opposite of the commercial world where you put a price tag on each man hour and how much you can recover to make a profit. That is the way I see the justice system. Not just in MM's case. Yes, ultimately the police will have only so much resources and man power to assign to one case. But outcome is different if it ultimately serves a purpose.

Edit:

Talking of justice finally being served.
That's why I said they had better find her because otherwise it's just wasted police resources that could have helped others. Yes it's hindsight, but the chances of finding her alive are remote, yet there are children constantly going missing in the UK through drug gangs and county lines. They can be helped now.

My view is that MM paid the ultimate price for her parents' negligence and they have to live with the thought they weren't there in her last Moments to protect her. Why compound it by saying what a waste of police hours? Yes it's cost that could be used elsewhere and other missing children.

The world is unfair as it is. But at least we strive to make it a better place through a justice system and clearly it isn't perfect but it's the best we have. Getting evidence in any criminal case is not an easy matter and why cases take years to solve. Other missing children's cases never do get solved.

We're going to hit a stage where it's going to easier to list the days he didn't break COVID regulations.

I know the BBC is under the thumb of the tories, but surely the headline should be, food inflation remains at record levels.
I'm never quite sure what is politicians and the media trying to mislead the public and what is them not understanding compound interest. It's the post-pandemic version of not understanding what exponential growth is.

Latest posts