• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Biden, Irish American Caucus etc was pretty vocal through backstop talks, negotiations etc. Shinners probably trying to build a bit of momentum to get calls for a referendum if the poll numbers look good. On top of that they'll be looking for funding from Irish American donors if a referendum does kick off.
Taking the **** a bit at this early stage, but that's Sinn Fein. Pretty much their entire party's focus and they're gonna do it anyway possible.

There's plenty of precedent for it to be honest. Our war of independence has its roots in America and advertisements like this were commonplace. The current president would definitely be in favour too. It definitely can't hurt the cause to get people talking about it.

I didn't realise Biden is so proud of his Irish roots. Likes his rugby too doesn't he? Isn't he some distant relative of Rob Kearney or something crazy like that?

I didn't realise Biden is so proud of his Irish roots. Likes his rugby too doesn't he? Isn't he some distant relative of Rob Kearney or something crazy like that?
Yeah he's met the Kearney's a time or two I think
Biden-tweet (1).jpg
Yeah well I'm distantly related to the Alpha Bro so who has it better?

The UK government has been forced to delay the introduction of import checks by six months, in a U-turn in post-Brexit policy, because a network of 30 border posts being built to process incoming goods would not have been ready on time.

Exports to the EU from Britain have been subject to controls since 1 January, but the government decided to opt for a phased approach on EU imports to give hauliers and business more time to adapt.

Checks were due to be introduced in stages from 1 April and from 1 July, but in recent days traders and ports have said they are not ready and that the introduction of processes as originally planned could lead to empty supermarket shelves.
Most import checks have now been pushed back to 1 January 2022, meaning Britain will begin these processes a year later than the EU.

Quite funny really considering the pro-Brexit 'protect our borders' government.

Exports to the EU drop by £5.6B for the month of January.

£8.5B per year seems a bargain but ya know... project fear and all that.

Hey lads our colleague murdered a woman out at night. What should we do to break up a peaceful protest?

I ******* hate what going on in this country.

Hey lads our colleague murdered a woman out at night. What should we do to break up a peaceful protest?

Patel will be please.
She's probably the only person in the country who will be though.

Honestly speechless. Sometimes I genuinely wonder at the people making the decisions behind this.

UK Policing Bill is up for vote today in Westminster, isn't it?

Labour will oppose a new law handing police and the home secretary greater powers to crack down on protests, it has announced amid anger at how officers broke up a vigil for Sarah Everard.

I read that Labour were originally being asked to Abstain from the vote, but seems like that has changed.

UK Policing Bill is up for vote today in Westminster, isn't it?

I read that Labour were originally being asked to Abstain from the vote, but seems like that has changed.
Changed yesterday after the ******** in Clapham although it's not 100% clear they had fully made up their mind. As it was only Diane Abbott types saying it rather than the front bench.

Won't make a jot of difference though which they do like the spycops bill and that's honestly the worst thing about anything ATM. Johnson has such a whopping majority they can do any bullshit they like and people applaud.

This bill is complete bullshit though.

Latest posts