• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

But but Brexit!

Literally we have got to the stage where it could be revealed the Bullingdon boys had sold everything in the country to their mates and the Tory faithful will go "yeah good on yah! Everyone who dislikes this is just jealous they ain't filthy rich." I reiterate to those who still support the Tories, how much is too much? Is there even a limit to the level of corruption you will tolerate? No I'm not going to be diplomatic about this, the country is being sold down the river and you keep electing these fuckers in over and over and they seem to be impervious to accountability so what the **** is the limit!? What the hell is it going to take for you to not continue supporting these shits? This country is being torn apart and you are ******* cheering it on! For god sake I want to bang my head against a brick wall with the number of single minded single issue voters we have. Can't you ******* see?

But but Brexit!

Literally we have got to the stage where it could be revealed the Bullingdon boys had sold everything in the country to their mates and the Tory faithful will go "yeah good on yah! Everyone who dislikes this is just jealous they ain't filthy rich." I reiterate to those who still support the Tories, how much is too much? Is there even a limit to the level of corruption you will tolerate? No I'm not going to be diplomatic about this, the country is being sold down the river and you keep electing these fuckers in over and over and they seem to be impervious to accountability so what the **** is the limit!? What the hell is it going to take for you to not continue supporting these shits? This country is being torn apart and you are ******* cheering it on! For god sake I want to bang my head against a brick wall with the number of single minded single issue voters we have. Can't you ******* see?

But but Brexit!

You could see what was going in 2010 the financial crash preceeded by 13 years of Blairism was enough that country felt a need for change. Added in Cameron sold himself as a center right like candidate and all parties advocating austerity (despite Brown actually doing a good job at recovery, ah hindsight wonderful thing). And it was just enough to pull them over the edge.

The cluster **** that happened since is frustrating. Lab got destroyed more than anyone predicted this left the LDs with only one viable choice at a time where we needed a stable government. They subsequently get punished severely as many of their voters are left leaning and see Tories just badly as Labour voters.

Labour elect a guy in Milliband whom can't connect with the general public at all. Dave thinking he needs consessions from the LDs to form another government sticks an EU referendum on his manifesto that he never thinks he has to hold.

He wins, the referendum is held it goes ***s up on a fine margin. He resigns.

Tories elect May who appeared competent but turns out is a ******* awful leader and has tactical brains of a Sloth. Rather than try to compromise with pro-EU people she decides to side with the radical parts of her own party. This galvanises the anti-Brexit wings of both parliament and the public.

Meanwhile Labour having tried center left candidates the last two times elect a pure lefty whom the left love and everyone else hates. They're told it will end in tears they don't listen (they still don't listen). He's mistrusted by pro-EU people for always being against it, and he's mistrusted on national security for well talking to terrorists when he had no political power for it to be any use despite what his motives were.

May can't get anything through parliament but is surging in polls. Thinks best idea is to hold an election. This would a be a great idea if the manifesto wasn't 'how we're going to **** everyone over'. This means somehow she goes from predicted big majority to loosing seats and hung.

LDs have to duck off so she bungs a bunch of money to biggest bunch of cranks in parliament. And she still can't get anything through.

Lab get it in their stupid minds Corbyn did well rather than May did equivalent of political belly flop from the high board. Keep him on, he still doesn't appeal to anyone outside the left and does nothing to fix that.

May has to resign for not being able provide a real answer to NI and Brexit. Johnson sticks the knife in on that becomes leader. Johnson has the same parliamentary math problem and can't get anything done so hold another election. Proceeds to lie, lie some more and lie again. This is better than May's strategy and because Corbyn is deeply unpopular he has one the worst Labour results in history like everyone said would happen.

And despite all that I can't understand how in the polls how Johnson is made of so much ******* Teflon. Like nothing sticks to the guy no matter what comes out.

From a few years back but seems he was right not to retract his use of "dodgy Dave". It's all the ******* old boys network at play. When will this country learn that a bunch of Etonian and Harrovian tossers who have gone through life thinking the rules don't apply to them and who hold the majority of the country in contempt would be any different when they get into the positions that they have been told all their lives are essentially theirs by right? You may not having a problem with the people at the top treating you like idiots as they get away with all sorts of corruption whilst directing your anger at phantom benefits scroungers but don't allow them to bring the rest of the country down ffs.

I'm genuinely furious at the voters of this country and their complete apathy to this.

Sounds like bodies pile high comment was true....still won't bring Johnson down....

Sounds like bodies pile high comment was true....still won't bring Johnson down....
I've already seen it said that "well, he was annoyed at the time, so it doesn't matter"
That form someone who claims not to support the tories - despite defending them from literally every accusation

His lack of action ast September and October in not imposing a short circuit break spoke more loudly then any words.

His lack of action ast September and October in not imposing a short circuit break spoke more loudly then any words.
Its why the story 'has legs' the actions taken at the time correspond with the language used. This just add callousness to an already complete disaster in policy.

As noted won't change anyone opinion because nothing does and the BBC headline is already different from the actual quote people are saying is true.

Its why the story 'has legs' the actions taken at the time correspond with the language used. This just add callousness to an already complete disaster in policy.

As noted won't change anyone opinion because nothing does and the BBC headline is already different from the actual quote people are saying is true.
I think the Andrew Rawnsley's piece I posted up is worth a read. it won't have an effect right now because of the success so far of the vaccine and people can see some hope. But it looks like this Cummings spat will drag (he knows where the skeletons are) and as soon as things to go wrong Then Bojo's chickens will come home to roost. History tells us Tory PMs stints since Maggie don't end well.

I think the Andrew Rawnsley's piece I posted up is worth a read. it won't have an effect right now because of the success so far of the vaccine and people can see some hope. But it looks like this Cummings spat will drag (he knows where the skeletons are) and as soon as things to go wrong Then Bojo's chickens will come home to roost. History tells us Tory PMs stints since Maggie don't end well.

If Labour aren't keeping track of every single one of these instances of corruption and rulebreaking to present as a dated list come election time then they are naïve idiots.

If Labour aren't keeping track of every single one of these instances of corruption and rulebreaking to present as a dated list come election time then they are naïve idiots.
I think I've spotted a flaw in your plan

If no-one cares now what makes you think people are going to care in 3 years time?

It doesn't help Labour's narrative that lots of it is still largely unsubstaniated / not really that awful in the grand scheme of the country as a whole

If no-one cares now what makes you think people are going to care in 3 years time?

It doesn't help Labour's narrative that lots of it is still largely unsubstaniated / not really that awful in the grand scheme of the country as a whole
Sometimes people can ignore a constant trickle but when you present the whole thing in 1 go it can hit home a bit more. Also yeah I'd call completely botching the covid response leading to some of the worst cases in the world before the vaccine pretty damn awful. This is the point, I think people forget just how much crap the Conservatives have been involved with since the Cameron years. Just look at the way the mass procurement of contracts particularly under Johnson happened. Already forgotten the ferries to a company with no ferries or history in ferries but whose owner was chummy with the Tories? Contracts for ventilators going out without tender at inflated prices to companies with no experience manufacturing them whose owners were chummy with the Tories? Those same companies then getting repeated contracts at inflated prices after failing to deliver the first?

I mean if you want a list then check here: https://medium.com/****-britain/the-bumper-uk-conservative-government-corruption-thread-26d6e0fcd673
Or here, not as up to date: https://thejist.co.uk/politics/a-list-of-alleged-conservative-lies-corruption-and-incompetence/

This is very awful in the grand scheme of things. Do these people literally have to order the army to shoot people before the threshold of being awful is passed? Corruption is the silent killer, it has brought down the strongest nations in history and the longer it is left unchecked, the harder it becomes to fix. We as a country should not dismiss this.

Might help if they had more convincing leadership. After a promising start Starmer's turning into a bit of a non entity and there are already rumblings within the party.

Might help if they had more convincing leadership. After a promising start Starmer's turning into a bit of a non entity and there are already rumblings within the party.
There were rublings from day 1 due to not being Corbyn. It has gotten louder in the last month though.

His problem will be the same for any other leader though. Nothing sticks to Johnson he can successfully land the blows at the dispatch box. Occasionally it's makes a minor dent in the polls then it resets back to where it was.

Until something does stick or a change in PM can't see anyone else doing better or worse.

There's also the matter of a massive 80 seat majority, which any Opposition leader is always going to struggle with.
Polls as we have seen are fickle.

If Starmer can cut the Conservative majority to under 50 in the next election it would be deemed a success IMO. How he's going to win back that red wall who defected to Tories is always going to be his biggest challenge.

If anything is going to bring down Bojo it's himself and his own party. Hence why he was so keen to appease his backbenchers and delaying the lockdown.

It's basically impossible for Labour to win an outright majority on their own these days. Corbyn, and now sadly Starmer as well, are both deluded in that they think they can like Blair did in 97. Scotland has gone, they're not getting that back and any gains they're making are in inner city areas they already control.

When will the left wake up and realise they need to get together to oust the tories. Frustrating as it's the only way with the BS FPTP system.

It's basically impossible for Labour to win an outright majority on their own these days. Corbyn, and now sadly Starmer as well, are both deluded in that they think they can like Blair did in 97. Scotland has gone, they're not getting that back and any gains they're making are in inner city areas they already control.

When will the left wake up and realise they need to get together to oust the tories. Frustrating as it's the only way with the BS FPTP system.
Its only Labour out of the 'progressive' parties that cling onto it. The issue is even in loss it still overrepresents them they have 40% of the seats with 32.1% of the vote.

So there a couple of reasons (all crap), they'd lose seats, the party would likely split into two parties, funding them becomes an issue as Labour is reliant on Union money (and even then severely underfunded vs Tories), they believe running a campaign of "we can't win on our own" will turn off voters. Remember one of the (really ****) arguments for FPTP is it creates strong governments and people buy into that.

I don't know how deluded Starmer is, he's up against a juggernaught that is COVID that we are finally getting under control (and people want to forget it was the government that let it get out of control in the first place.....three times), an 80 seat majority he has no hope of ever overturning until a general election and a PM who's easily the most openly corrupt for well over century but is made of inexplicable Teflon.

With all that in mind the and 3.5 years before the next enforced general election it really is early days, going full hard into the strategy for that now would be too soon. I wouldn't expect Labour to changes their minds officially on FPTP until a year or two out, or another snap gets called but that appear unlikely right now.

Should be noted there are rumbling within Labour theres a large movement within to get their policy changed and its been backed by factional groups for all their ills like Momentum.

Latest posts