• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Gonna be honest. I didn't know who he was until the whole question time thing. Never watched anything he's been in.

Gonna be honest. I didn't know who he was until the whole question time thing. Never watched anything he's been in.
Neither have I, thought he was mainly famous for shagging Billie Piper and them her dumping his arse.

And just before elections in the UK... Someone call me suspicious

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if Trump follows through with this "massive" news/social media platform **** and if it will actually deal a blow to the current right wing news platforms.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ds-EU-bar-caf-workers-reject-old-UK-jobs.html

Classic Daily Mail.
Remember those foreigners we told to "f*** off out of our country" - well, some of them have had the nerve to go and do that - the ungrateful bastards - they've deserted us, merely for better conditions, better pay, and a feeling of being welcome.

It shows that we were right to tell them all to f*** off; and now the government should provide support for those businesses who've lost their employees and demand that their foreigners return to work for them (whilst still f***ing off out of the country).

Reality is we've always wanted foreigners to come and do the jobs British people see as beneath them or something very temporary until they move on to bigger and better things.

Voted today in my local elections. Two votes: one for police commissioner (1st choice and second choice) and the other just the one vote for county council. Just voted non conservative. Not that it will make a difference in my area.

Voted today in my local elections. Two votes: one for police commissioner (1st choice and second choice) and the other just the one vote for county council. Just voted non conservative. Not that it will make a difference in my area.
Spoiled Police Commissioner (I strongly believe it should not be an elected position) the other county council.

Last time the Tory candidate got 64% of the vote (weird boundary thing mean I vote in Tewkesbury East) so I'm not holding up much hope but both LD's and Tory have both had an extremely strong leaflet campaign.

Just noticed Tewkesbury proper has no LD candidate that will be interesting result from a local perspective. Will the Green or Lab come in strong or will the Tory (was a long time independent) just completely overwhelm it.

Spoiled Police Commissioner (I strongly believe it should not be an elected position) the other county council.

Last time the Tory candidate got 64% of the vote (weird boundary thing mean I vote in Tewkesbury East) so I'm not holding up much hope but both LD's and Tory have both had an extremely strong leaflet campaign.

Just noticed Tewkesbury proper has no LD candidate that will be interesting result from a local perspective. Will the Green or Lab come in strong or will the Tory (was a long time independent) just completely overwhelm it.

I don't think I have ever voted in local elections. Just wanted to exercise my vote to stick two fingers up to Bojo and co.

But yes, politicizing police commissioner. Just going down the American route. Just was surprised there was a first and second choice.

Presumably the winning candidate needs to get 50% of first choice votes and if they don't move to 2nd choice. But there were only Con, Lib Dem and Lab for that position. Voted Lib Dem 1st and Lab 2nd choice.

The other ballot for council seats had the other parties. So voted Green.

If 80 British fishing boats had moored up outside a French harbour, threatening a blockade, what would be an appropriate response from the French navy?
Complicated they've not actually caused blockade and moved out the way when ships have come through. Which suggests we've engaged in another escalation (after their escalations) but honestly considering we'd done nothing until it stinks of chest beating flag waving before local elections today. I'd rather we didn't send in the military or anything similar until they've done something. Its like the Falklands where a response takes weeks so sending it pre-emptively makes sense.
I was going to vote Lab or Green for the first time but as I've not had any material from them but loads from LD's I stuck to my old ways as they are actually trying to win the seat.

Yeah, i had the same thoughts re: political police commissioner

As above I'll be voting for anyone not Tory, but I live in an incredibly strong Tory stronghold so I might as well flush my ballot

Yeah, i had the same thoughts re: political police commissioner

As above I'll be voting for anyone not Tory, but I live in an incredibly strong Tory stronghold so I might as well flush my ballot

Same in my area. But was walking past my polling station to vote. Covid restrictions in place and all that but still only took me 2 mins. Free pencil to keep as well - wahey!!!

We had 2 ex-cops applying for police commissioner, so they got my votes. The public has nomplace making those appointments, which in turn, should not be political.

Here, the Tory candidate usually gets >50% of the vote anyway, with Lab and LibDem splitting the rest, so I voted green as it wasn't going to count for anything anyway.
LibDem and Green candidates both have a strong presence locally, no-one seems to know who the labour candidate is, and the Tory only ever raises his head for elections, before returning to his gammon and ignoring the plebs.

In my area the incumbent tory PCC has been a disaster, so much so that the new tory candidate (councillor with no relevant experience) has distanced himself from him at every opportunity.

The labour candidate is a criminologist, others are an independent ex police sergeant (also ex Brexit party parliamentary candidate), and 'Reform' party ex prison officer. Lib dems almost haven't bothered, their candidate is a late addition who's profile only mentions that he's currently studying for a teaching qualification.

No doubt the tory candidate will romp home.

Apparently; with this little contretemps in the Channel Islands - the French have been acting (well, talking about acting) in the precise manner in which the international treaty we signed with them said was how they'd react if we reneged on the treaty we're trying to renege on.
And yet our sending the military in to deal with their civilians, is our reaction to their "almost a declaration of war"

If only parliament had been allowed to read the treaty before endorsing it, maybe we'd have noticed this little aspect of "the easiest deal in history"

ETA: Although, apparently, the Independent did notice in time, as that article is dated 30th December; but seems remarkably prescient now

Latest posts