• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Top post!

Sorry man, I didn't see that you had posted it first. I copied it from another message board straight to this one without looking through previous posts. But it's so accurate that it deserves to be posted everyday! :D

Last edited:
So Corbyn is back in the Labour party and the Corbynists are kicking up a fuss, Starmer is not letting Corbyn sit as a Labour MP again... Everyone else who isn't Tory:

4n1k21.jpg

I think he'll set up an "alternative" Presidency for his supporters. Set up MAGA tv station and go on constant rallies to whip up his terrible supporters. No further elections needed to elect an unelected president. America's division will continue to get deeper and deeper IMO.

Last edited:
Welcome to Americas "stab in the back" conspiracy. This won't go away and will stain Biden's presidency. I feel Republicans are actually going to get even worse after this election, not better. I feel the slide towards batshit insane autocracy is not going to reverse on the right in the USA until something snaps.

Apparently the next tactic is to somehow try and influence who gets chosen as a member of the electoral college. Unlikely to work, but if he pulls it off then he really will be a dictator, not just acting like one.

Is the electoral college a set in stone vote?
As in: the results say democrats won that state and therefore the electoral college gives its votes to the democrats.

Or is it more of a suggestions? Like "The electoral college has seen how the state has votes and therefore will award it's votes to the winning party"?
Because if it's the latter I could see some fuckery there, with Trump contesting all these results. Like the if the Georgia EC just come out and award their votes to the republicans because they claim not to believe the result.

That requires him to flip what 19 people? Very unlikely and the states themselves get to select who they are so they might be extra cautious in who they pick.

Is the electoral college a set in stone vote?
As in: the results say democrats won that state and therefore the electoral college gives its votes to the democrats.

Or is it more of a suggestions? Like "The electoral college has seen how the state has votes and therefore will award it's votes to the winning party"?
Because if it's the latter I could see some fuckery there, with Trump contesting all these results. Like the if the Georgia EC just come out and award their votes to the republicans because they claim not to believe the result.
Technically the state just picks a bunch of people to cast the votes on behalf the state. They can be anyone, some states have laws behind it but it's complicated if someone voyes in in bad faith (not for who their state voted for and they they split their EC votes). It's very unlikely to tip the election because if it it looks likely people will flip the state will make sure to select people who won't break it.

I also believe some states have laws requiring the people chosen vote based on the election results. It is entirely possible that it could be abused, but unlikely. The irony is the electoral college system was designed to stop someone like Trump getting into power.

I also believe some states have laws requiring the people chosen vote based on the election results. It is entirely possible that it could be abused, but unlikely. The irony is the electoral college system was designed to stop someone like Trump getting into power.
This, the electoral college was put in place to ensure that the president would be chosen based on the decisions of people who were supposed to, in theory, put a brake on any kind of overwhelming popularism for the good of the nation. The reality is it has done little except exacerbate the FPTP system. Due to all states having 2 senators and Representatives being allocated based on population, it has resulted in smaller states getting heavily over-represented. For example, there are 6 states with 1 representative, their combined population is 4.5 million. California has 39.5 million and 53 reps. This averages out at 750,000 per rep between California and those 6, which would be fair enough. However, throw in the 2 senators each and it ends up with California having 55 EC votes compared to the 6 combined having 18 EC votes. So California has 9 times the population of the 6 combined but only 3 times the voting power.

What we are beginning to see is Republicans winning the smaller population states more frequently, meaning they have the senate more times than Democrats regardless of general voting trends. As these less populated states also have disproportionate EC voting, the Republicans need few votes to win the presidential election. Only the house of representatives is slanted more in Democrats favour. Now the Republicans have stacked the courts (easier to do when you control the presidency and the senate) they are putting themselves in a position where they can entrench their position and make themselves essentially immune to prosecution. If they continue fully abandoning their morals and also gerrymander further, they could entrench themselves in such a way they will be virtually impossible to remove.

Giuliani blowing into a tissue and then smears the snotty side all over his face... These people are like comic characters with their all-encompassing incompetence.

I think he'll set up an "alternative" Presidency for his supporters. Set up MAGA tv station and go on constant rallies to whip up his terrible supporters. No further elections needed to elect an unelected president. America's division will continue to get deeper and deeper IMO.
That Trump TV idea has been floating around since 2015. If he does do it I doubt it will be a success like most of his other non-real estate ventures. And once the Secret Service drags his out office on January 20th his base will loose interest in him pretty quickly. Remember that million MAGA march that was supposed to happen in Washington, DC last week. Well only 12,000 Trumpanzees showed up. What a blow to his huuuge ego! :p

That Trump TV idea has been floating around since 2015. If he does do it I doubt it will be a success like most of his other non-real estate ventures. And once the Secret Service drags his out office on January 20th his base will loose interest in him pretty quickly. Remember that million MAGA march that was supposed to happen in Washington, DC last week. Well only 12,000 Trumpanzees showed up. What a blow to his huuuge ego! :p

I think it's very clear the US is very divided. And although Trump has clearly lost and Biden will become POTUS, the fact he had 74m and counting votes and a majority of Republicans believe his utter BS doesn't bode well for a smooth transfer of power or future.

It's clear to me that Trump will weaponise and exploit his base's paranoia that this election was "stolen" when this couldn't be further from the truth.

There was always a theory that the US would turn on itself when it had no external common enemy to confront like it had in the Cold War with the Soviet Union, Al Queda, IS etc. Without one and the battle against COVID not proving to the enemy to unite US against I fear we are seeing this come to fruition. Trump's very MO is to invent internal enemies from the Media, Democrats and immigrants and election being stolen. He and his form of Republicanism does not look like it's going away.

Trump supporter: " I have one word for the liberal media. F you."

err that's two words.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
*uuuuuge

Latest posts