• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

48hr maximum working week, what's that?

Everyone starting a job that is anywhere close to 48hrs a week has to sign an opt out. Otherwise they either don't get the job at all or other barriers suddenly appear, like the requirement for detailed daily timesheets.
I'm less worried about although changes to your working contract are more likely through that. breaks/overtime companies already take the **** but for most work have a required amount of time is important. Plus enforced overtime is not good for those wanting a good work/life balance.

My main worry is firing laws especially in the current economic climate. It's a **** to get rid of people (who have been working for you for 2 years) but it protects people massively financially combined with redundancy laws. People in general could get royally ******.

The DUP are trying to push blame on everyone else, especially Remain backing parties in Northern Ireland. They know they will lose Unionist voters, perhaps not enough to become the 2nd biggest Unionist party but enough to give Nationalist leaning parties an upper hand.

Hilarity that Sammy Wilson, my current Westminster representative, claimed that people should go to the chippy when there was 'Project Fear' about potential food shortages.... Now he is shouting from the rooftops about how awful the foot shortage situation is...
Food shortage would do some DUP members the world of good, the fat ********.

Anyone thinking racism and corruption in America came with Trump go on Netflix and watch Crack. Frightening.
I don't think anyone thinks that. However Trump as well as Boris and the current group of conservatives and legitimised racism and corruption and encouraged those who might have remained silent to speak out with confidence.

I don't think anyone thinks that. However Trump as well as Boris and the current group of conservatives and legitimised racism and corruption and encouraged those who might have remained silent to speak out with confidence.
Yeah, just watch it. Its on a whole different level. It's easy to see why Americans don't trust their government

Yeah, just watch it. Its on a whole different level. It's easy to see why Americans don't trust their government
Watched it. Tbh while it is shocking I've seen other documentaries that just echo this. If you haven't already watch 13th on Netflix and how the U.S prison and justice system has been setup to keep people in prison. Coincides perfectly with the war on drugs.

Watched it. Tbh while it is shocking I've seen other documentaries that just echo this. If you haven't already watch 13th on Netflix and how the U.S prison and justice system has been setup to keep people in prison. Coincides perfectly with the war on drugs.
The 13th is pretty staggering, especially for people who act like it's all equal now and make out black people are where they are purely through their own fault and not "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps". The system is so stacked against them, even now.

What Trump has managed to do very well is weaponise America's grievances to his own advantage.

Distrust in the US in Big Federal Government has been there since the creation of nation. Racism and guns are the US's original sins.

Processed goods like jelly or gravy could be unavailable in NI at the end of the protocol grace period, according to Stormont's agriculture minister.

Edwin Poots acknowledged Northern Ireland has plenty of homegrown produce, such as beef or potatoes.

But he warned trimmings like Bisto or trifle could be missing from traditional Sunday dinners.

Seems like the end of the 3 month grace period for GB - NI imports could be fun for all.

What it does demonstrate is that all those Brexit supporters who claimed that technology or cameras could policy the border were talking utter rubbish (as usual).

Human Composting - I'm posting this on the political thread because it had to be passed by the state of Washington to be legal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna' put Granny in the garden? It's now legal in Washington state. o_O

https://www.koin.com/news/special-reports/human-composting-now-legal-begins-in-washington/#:~:text=In 2019%2C Gov. Jay Inslee,because it uses less energy.

Latest posts