• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's almost like, after a year or paying people's wages, we don't have infinite money!

Madness, didn't see that coming smh

This massive debt that's been built up last year and this year is going to take well beyond this Parliament to pay back. the key issue is the interest on this debt and whether it rises in future years. So not a matter of magic money tree per Se; borrowing atm is relatively cheap on the international markets. Just a matter of how much this Government is willing to risk in future interest rates going up and servicing the debt.

We could always cancel HS2 and tridents replacement and reinvest the money into the health service?

Given whats happened over the last year government's globally need to reduce defence spending and push more into Health or set up its military to be used as quick reaction force to such crisis in the future. To be honest it shouldn't take too much to achieve this as the military have been very active in the UK during the pandemic but I would question the need to upgrade Challenger 2 or replace trident. Also would consider moth balling one of the Queen Elizabeth Aircraft carriers.

We could always cancel HS2 and tridents replacement and reinvest the money into the health service?

Given whats happened over the last year government's globally need to reduce defence spending and push more into Health or set up its military to be used as quick reaction force to such crisis in the future. To be honest it shouldn't take too much to achieve this as the military have been very active in the UK during the pandemic but I would question the need to upgrade Challenger 2 or replace trident. Also would consider moth balling one of the Queen Elizabeth Aircraft carriers.
Aren't we already doing that with one of the Queen Elizabeth's? Building it then immediately mothballing it?

Trident remains a great waste simply because I can't envision a situation where we need one and the USA doesn't (even as a deterrent). At which point out becomes just a great expenditure we don't need.

Aren't we already doing that with one of the Queen Elizabeth's? Building it then immediately mothballing it?

Trident remains a great waste simply because I can't envision a situation where we need one and the USA doesn't (even as a deterrent). At which point out becomes just a great expenditure we don't need.
Think its only mothballed while they wait for the arrival of those very expensive aircraft we brought from the Americans

Think its only mothballed while they wait for the arrival of those very expensive aircraft we brought from the Americans
Having a quick read we were going to mothball or sell the prince of wales immediately due to budgetry concerns but then didn't (they must of done it on the quiet the scamps) however its now confined to docks due to flooding....

Having a quick read we were going to mothball or sell the prince of wales immediately due to budgetry concerns but then didn't (they must of done it on the quiet the scamps) however its now confined to docks due to flooding....
Not sure who would want to buy an aircraft carrier nowadays. Flooding? always a good idea to make ships watertight

I'm putting this in political because its staggering how much this completely failed project has cost, I mean in context of other projects we've mentioned here it could of funded a 10% pay rise in the NHS for 6 and a half years, or another 7 Queen Elizabeth carriers.
And by the sounds of it we got absolutely nothing in return.

I saw someone say the other day that it's top level spin by the Tories to refer to the test and trace programme as the "NHS test and trace programme" even though it's a government one. However, the vaccination roll out is referred to as the "Government vaccination programme" even though it's rolled out by the NHS.

I'm putting this in political because its staggering how much this completely failed project has cost, I mean in context of other projects we've mentioned here it could of funded a 10% pay rise in the NHS for 6 and a half years, or another 7 Queen Elizabeth carriers.
And by the sounds of it we got absolutely nothing in return.

Good old Dildo Harding. I remember her from TalkTalk days

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/friends-of-sinn-féin-places-ads-in-us-newspapers-calling-for-referendum-on-irish-unity-1.4506172

Good skins those Americans. *handshake emoji*

Fine Gael (one of our coalition parties) have come across so badly in their response, bad when your making Sinn Fein look assured and composed.

What is the general feel of Irish unity down in Mexico?

With Brexit causing issues up here there has been a push for unity but it wouldn't go down well with the already annoyed loyalists.

Would be great to have all that EU funding again.

With Brexit causing issues up here there has been a push for unity but it wouldn't go down well with the already annoyed loyalists.

It's very much to leave it with you and if we ever have to vote on it we'll consider it then. There's plenty who spout on about the economy and such too but I doubt they're a majority.

Not much a fan of that free state attitude at all.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/friends-of-sinn-féin-places-ads-in-us-newspapers-calling-for-referendum-on-irish-unity-1.4506172

Good skins those Americans. *handshake emoji*

Fine Gael (one of our coalition parties) have come across so badly in their response, bad when your making Sinn Fein look assured and composed.
Not really sure what the point of that is unless they think the US public will pressure the president to demand the partial breakup of an ally nation...?

TBH though I think Britain will cease to exist in my lifetime though.

In other news, Johnson is such a lying *******

Seriously, how can the Tories even be in contention given the level of corruption, lies and incompetence? Recently it was reported that track and trace completely failed to do what it was supposed to and the amount of money chucked at that could have funded the nurses pay raises for the next 6 years alone. One guess where huge chunks of the money for track and trace went, clue: the same as all their other corrupt dealings. How much more can this government **** all over the country and people turn a blind eye to it, even cheer it on? Does the nationalism drum bang so loudly it drowns out one the worst governments in modern history?

Last edited:

Speaking out my hole but if the North voted in favor I think it would get through down here. I'd vote for it anyway and I think majority would especially outside of Dublin.

Not really sure what the point of that is unless they think the US public will pressure the president to demand the partial breakup of an ally nation...?
There's plenty of precedent for it to be honest. Our war of independence has its roots in America and advertisements like this were commonplace. The current president would definitely be in favour too. It definitely can't hurt the cause to get people talking about it.

Latest posts