• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'd prefer to see the flag of St George flown on buildings in England tbh.

What started out to be a dream life in the sun, has turned into a nightmare for thousands of Brits who didn't wish to be legally registered as a resident in Spain.

By not being legally registered, Brits until now, have gone under the radar when it came to paying Spanish taxes and other contributions, but Brexit has changed that, now they have to be out of Spain by March 31 when they will be deemed as illegal immigrants and deported anyway as their 90-day legal stay ends
Brits as illegal immigrants.. Lolz. Ironic that.

In the papers today. Johnson had 4 year affair with Jennifer Arcuri, the woman he was investigated over for giving preferential treatment. Also a banker enriched himself under Cameron's government as he had access to No.10 & No.11.

But hey, politics in this country isn't corrupt at all. Hell Cameron didn't even list us on his most corrupt countries, https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...istan-nigeria-possibly-most-corrupt-countries

Brits as illegal immigrants.. Lolz. Ironic that.
The standard Brexiter hypocrite in a nutshell:
- Complains about foreigners not paying their taxes, doesn't pay their taxes
- Complains about foreigners using the NHS, makes use of the Spanish services
- Foreigners have poor English, makes no attempt to learn Spanish
- Votes for Brexit, doesn't think it will impact them in Spain
- Crying about the injustice that they themselves voted for.

Just more and more cases of people who voted for Brexit based off petty nationalism without the first idea what they were voting for,

Surely there can't be many people who voted Brexit, but actually intended to live in the EU afterwards?

That's like a trade unionist voting Tory.

Surely there can't be many people who voted Brexit, but actually intended to live in the EU afterwards?

You'll be surprised. Motto of the Brexiteer is have our cake and eat it.

Plenty of them - especially the Spain-based ex-pats.
Remember, there are plenty of enclaves around the Spanish coast where you'll never hear a Spanish accent, with English pubs, English shops, etc etc; where a good 70%+ of the population are (retired) tory voters

Plenty of them - especially the Spain-based ex-pats.
Remember, there are plenty of enclaves around the Spanish coast where you'll never hear a Spanish accent, with English pubs, English shops, etc etc; where a good 70%+ of the population are (retired) tory voters
I know about the enclaves, my auntie lives in one, but she was also the most vociferous anti-brexit voice i can remember from the time.

Suppose I just assumed they would all vote to preserve their way of life as the group most affected by the outcome.

The standard Brexiter hypocrite in a nutshell:
- Complains about foreigners not paying their taxes, doesn't pay their taxes
- Complains about foreigners using the NHS, makes use of the Spanish services
- Foreigners have poor English, makes no attempt to learn Spanish
- Votes for Brexit, doesn't think it will impact them in Spain
- Crying about the injustice that they themselves voted for.

Just more and more cases of people who voted for Brexit based off petty nationalism without the first idea what they were voting for,
It's the level of entitlement that makes my head explode. The first bloke having me apparent compunction about defrauding the Spanish government and the second mentioning his wife in tears as if doing so makes him the wronged party and still thinking that Spain will regret getting rid of him.

I know about the enclaves, my auntie lives in one, but she was also the most vociferous anti-brexit voice i can remember from the time.

Suppose I just assumed they would all vote to preserve their way of life as the group most affected by the outcome.
Farmers? Fishermen?

It depends on the person, both family members we know of were definitely pro-Brexit. However most of these people live in huge ex-pat areas. Less interested in living in Spain but want to live in Britain with Spanish weather.

Farmers? Fishermen?
I thought the (small) farmers were decidedly anti-Brexit certainly their lobby groups were. They use to be one of the larger UKIP groups around their founding but the subsidies turned them over the years.

I thought the (small) farmers were decidedly anti-Brexit certainly their lobby groups were. They use to be one of the larger UKIP groups around their founding but the subsidies turned them over the years.
Everything a quick Google search threw up suggests not, e.g. https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/farmer-support-brexit-strong-ever-fw-poll-reveals. You're right about UKIP, back when they were a thing, you'd see a staggering amount of purple signs in farmer's fields in my semi-rural area. That's probably why I made the assumption that the industry was pro-Brexit.

Everything a quick Google search threw up suggests not, e.g. https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/farmer-support-brexit-strong-ever-fw-poll-reveals. You're right about UKIP, back when they were a thing, you'd see a staggering amount of purple signs in farmer's fields in my semi-rural area. That's probably why I made the assumption that the industry was pro-Brexit.
Twas the NFU's position I was thinking of.

I was always of the opinion that the Brits who lived in Europe and voted for Brexit believed the claim that 'they needed us more than we need them', and that Spain needed the Brits expats (but I prefer the term immigrants) for their economy.

Screenshot_20210328-162947.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts