• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

TLDR is pretty spot on with its summary but missing one potential issue... drug trafficking

Effectively massive ex-IRA funeral in May(?) last year, attending by several Sinn Fein members including the leader of the party and the Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland.

Unionist outrage because of breaking Covid-19 rules and demanding resignations. Sinn Fein didn't apologise and appeared to be no police intervention.

Many breaches on both sides for the next few months includes 11th/12th July celebration, paramilitary funerals, Rangers celebrations.

Two weeks ago (approx) the police handed the file to the prosecution service suggesting 24(ISH) prosecutions from the funeral in May but the prosecution service deemed they would not get any convictions because of the poorly constructed guidance laid down by Northern Ireland political leaders.

Unionists claimed a two-tier policing service I'm Northern Ireland, favouring the Nationalists, added to the rhetoric of the hard-line unionists politicians, fueling tensions.

Leaders of all unionist parties have ordered the Chief Constable to resign because of the lack of prosecutions from the funeral in May.

So the riots are suggested to be a loss of trust in the police in Northern Ireland.

I hardly think a teenager in some of the estate are really going to understand the implications of the NI Protocol and that's a red herring.

Though one important thing to note is that it could very well be orchestrated by the Loyalist paramilitaries because they dislike the NI Protocol - mainly because the drug trafficking shipments are more likely to be checked between NI and GB and vice versa

The Justice Minister for NI and the head union man for the PSNI were on Radio 4 yesterday discussing this and both made some very good points. They both said it is more to do with criminal gangs inciting youngsters than any political reasons and the whole Sinn Fein funeral/brexit thing was just a couple of red herrings.

The Justice Minister (who came across very well) made the point that much of the resentment from the Loyalist Paramilitaries has come from some very successful operations against their criminal activities. When the PSNI chap was asked about the Loyalist Paramilitaries his comment was "Yeah everywhere else in the UK they are called Criminal gangs" which I thought was good.

Pretty damning testimony in the GF case.
The not pleading guilty was the damning bit, anyone who's seen the video knows Floyd was straight up murdered its merely a matter of which degree. Even if the drugs were contributing factor it doesn't take a pathologist to work out he would very likely still be alive if the copper hadn't decided and continued to use that level of force.

The not pleading guilty was the damning bit, anyone who's seen the video knows Floyd was straight up murdered its merely a matter of which degree. Even if the drugs were contributing factor it doesn't take a pathologist to work out he would very likely still be alive if the copper hadn't decided and continued to use that level of force.

The diagram/graphic of Chauvin kneeling on his neck and his feet off the ground and length of time is also pretty horrific.

Can never tell with Juries though, especially in US involving a white copper and black suspect, especially one with was a drug user. From an outsider it looks open and shut, but give a jury a "reasonable" doubt then then they could take it. It's why so many get away with it.

That surgery a month or two back was well worth taxpayers money.

Which accounts are they?

As someone who did D of E and appricated the work he did for commonwealth veterans I would say RIP.

To his expected detractors on here I would say get a life.
And one of the first high profile Conservationists in the UK. His work in regards to that is really underappreciated

So he wasn't worth saving then?
Complicated question, the simple argument is everyone is 'worth' saving. However the NHS quite clearly and demonstrably withdraws care levels for a variety of reasons. One of these (I've heared directly) is given the surgery/resuscitation the person would not live a 'signifcant' amount of time afterwards as well a greatly diminished quality. Having watched someone die over the course of a month when all but palliative care has been withdrawn which must be what happened to Prince Phillip its honestly pretty horrible to witness so I can't imagine it being much worse.

The question for me isn't about worth its about whether that level of care would of been given to anyone else using taxpayers money. How do you justify allowing it for Phillip who probably got a few weeks at best but you won't allow it for Joe Bloggs Granddad down the road which is what happens.

And some of the lines he came out with...
"If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed." To a group of British students during a royal visit to China.

Such a "gaffe"

Weird how people will excuse racism in the elderly despite the majority of the elderly not being racist.

Latest posts