• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Well the Union won't be around for much longer I suspect.
Wales aren't going anywhere just yet, don't worry

It is a bit mad living across the see from you and watching all this royals stuff. Similar to what I imagine it'd be like if your aunt married some lad in a cult.
It's seeing it inside the country as well, tbf - actual grown up adults bawling in the street outside Buckingham palace because some 99yr old who wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire just died.

Wales aren't going anywhere just yet, don't worry

It's seeing it inside the country as well, tbf - actual grown up adults bawling in the street outside Buckingham palace because some 99yr old who wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire just died.

Yeah it's not happening tomorrow or even in the next few years but in the next decade I reckon. My extremely unknowledgable guess would be united ireland first, then Scotland and then Wales. Mind you even if it was just Wales and England wtf do we call it. Hardly the UK is it. Lol.

Yeah it's not happening tomorrow or even in the next few years but in the next decade I reckon
Really? I thought Wales independence was nowhere near popular enough for it to be taken seriously

I could see NI and Scotland breaking free in the next decade, but not Wales

Edit:
In February, one opinion poll put support for independence at 39 percent. That was an outlier, with most polls showing support closer to 25 percent. But even that is twice as high as it was six years ago.

With Scotland still iffy on a vote despite pretty much 50/50 (floating a few percent either way depending on which of Boris and Nicola is messing up more in the press) I can't see 25% being a mandate for a vote

Really? I thought Wales independence was nowhere near popular enough for it to be taken seriously

I could see NI and Scotland breaking free in the next decade, but not Wales

It's growing in Wales imo.

I agree we're not as far along for sure. But my point is that if 1 or 2 of the other nations leave then the UK seizes to be the UK. We can't call Wales and England the UK.

I agree we're not as far along for sure. But my point is that if 1 or 2 of the other nations leave then the UK seizes to be the UK. We can't call Wales and England the UK.
We could always call it England+, nice and simple. :p

Serious question. How would Wales survive economically without England?

Yes there's been way too much, but I object more to the quality of it. The little I've seen on the Beeb was awful, the contributions of his former equerry (complete with medals FFS) and Penelope Keith were painfully embarrassing.

Even though he was very old it must still have been odd for his children to pre film tributes. Presumably they've also done likewise for Her Maj.

Can't say I have watched or read too much of it. My objection is media is just saturated with it.

And yeh it's gonna be unbearable when QE2 goes.

It's like the country's whole national identity is wrapped up in the Royal family and they have nothing to do with vast swathes of the population. And mainstream media really don't help.

Seriously the worst thing of being British IMO that our identity is so precariously wrapped up in this institution.

Serious question. How would Wales survive economically without England?

I dunno. That's a pretty big question and one I'm wholly unqualified to answer tbh. Obviously coal, slate and gold used to be big resources for us but obviously not so much with coal these days. I think Wales could really do some great things on its own, in theory, with driving renewable energy initiatives but I reckon we'd do alright. Obviously a big agricultural industry as well.

I dunno. That's a pretty big question and one I'm wholly unqualified to answer tbh. Obviously coal, slate and gold used to be big resources for us but obviously not so much with coal these days. I think Wales could really do some great things on its own, in theory, with driving renewable energy initiatives but I reckon we'd do alright. Obviously a big agricultural industry as well.

Thanks for sharing. Apparently one of our most abundant resources is water and we export that to England so when **** gets all Mad Max in the next century or so we'll be laughing.

Thanks for sharing. Apparently one of our most abundant resources is water and we export that to England so when **** gets all Mad Max in the next century or so we'll be laughing.
Given that I live in Tewkesbury - could you possibly export a little less anyway? or at least, even out the supply a little.

Looks like Russia is preparing to invade Ukraine yet again. First they took a slice out of the east, then they took Crimea, now they are saying that and military action against the separatists in the east will result in a Russian invasion. Obviously what happens? The separatists will attacks and keep attacking to provoke a response to give Russia the excuse they need. They have also threatened that it will be the end of Ukraine.

Looks like the west is going to sit by and watch as Russia again annexes its neighbours. Europe in particular had better grow a pair and either commit to defending the remaining nations between the EU and Russia or accept they will be sharing a direct border with Russia in the not so distant future.

Looks like Russia is preparing to invade Ukraine yet again. First they took a slice out of the east, then they took Crimea, now they are saying that and military action against the separatists in the east will result in a Russian invasion. Obviously what happens? The separatists will attacks and keep attacking to provoke a response to give Russia the excuse they need. They have also threatened that it will be the end of Ukraine.

Looks like the west is going to sit by and watch as Russia again annexes its neighbours. Europe in particular had better grow a pair and either commit to defending the remaining nations between the EU and Russia or accept they will be sharing a direct border with Russia in the not so distant future.

But also how Biden administration will react and Markel on her way out this September.

FFS.
north korea applause GIF

Latest posts