• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Last edited:

BBC reporting the blowing up of the depot linked to a Bulgarian arms dealer who was storing weapons there and had fallen foul of Russian competitor(s) with links to the same GRU unit the two Salisbury suspects served in. And that businessman was also mysteriously poisoned.

Adding The Raven in Bath as well as any Spoons of places not visit when this is allow over.

A cousin of mine is a publican and whilst he's critical of the response and support he's been given also not a rabid COVID denier.

Adding The Raven in Bath as well as any Spoons of places not visit when this is allow over.

A cousin of mine is a publican and whilst he's critical of the response and support he's been given also not a rabid COVID denier.

I have a few publicans as my clients and spoke to one back in January and he sounded very depressed at the time because of the restrictions had on his business. But I suspect that pretty much all pubs will make big trading losses in the last tax year, so can carry those losses back to previous tax year and get a tax refund.

My amateur's opinion of Putin is that he is a very adept tactician, but a poor strategist. He routinely does the unexpected and catches the west with our pants down, but then gets bogged down with the consequences in the longer term (see Syria and Eastern Ukraine).

I worry that the more pressure is applied from the outside, the more he might feel the need to react and do something else to catch us off guard and make us look stupid.

George Floyd trial verdict within an hour.

So it's probably a mistrial or a very guilty verdict.

There'll be a riot if he's found not guilty on all 3 charges.
Yeah I dread what happens then. They have to unanimous for guilty or acquit so its unlikely they'd be back so quickly if they weren't guilty. Can't believe all 12 would come to a different conclusion than most people.

Yeah I dread what happens then. They have to unanimous for guilty or acquit so its unlikely they'd be back so quickly if they weren't guilty. Can't believe all 12 would come to a different conclusion than most people.
Appears a mistrial is an option after a congresswoman essentially threatened physical violence if a not-guilty verdict is decided.

Practically unprecedented for a cop to actually face criminal charges for their actions. He's going to need all sorts of special protections in jail.

Appears a mistrial is an option after a congresswoman essentially threatened physical violence if a not-guilty verdict is decided.
Opens it up to appeal for one which will probably happen (the appeal). Unsure if it will granted when now found guilty as ****.

Opens it up to appeal for one which will probably happen (the appeal). Unsure if it will granted when now found guilty as ****.
Not an appellant lawyer (tree hugger) but I did intern with a criminal law firm. I'm sure his lawyers will throw 100 arguments about something about the trial being wrong. They are not going to be able suppress the video.

the civil suit will be interesting though
nvm they settled

Jeez, didn't want to write in this thread anymore but that's really interesting..
I can't say that people are scared to protest. It depends, in my opinion. Some are scared,but there are also other types:
In rich places like Moscow (where I lived for almost 13 years),those Russians who earn enough,they don't care I'd say,they are for "stability" (or probably some are scared to be back to unstable "wild 90s" and that's why they have a fear to change something).
In poor places, like,for example, villages in Siberia (I lived in one like that when I was a child), it's just complicated to protest, people don't "live" there - they survive every day and "political things" are quite far from you at this level.
It became difficult to make official protests last years though, that's true, thanks to our tsar.
Honestly, knowing how things work in Russia,me and a lot of Russian acquaintances of mine, we don't see any good alternative to Putin right now. There was one official who I'd strongly support,but our tsar put him in prison (and that official was the only good alternative I saw during last years). Navalny is a good person but I don't think he'd be a good president (not for Russia at least). The rest of our officials are same/worse than Putin,and to replace one tsar with another..that won't change things. The problem is not only in Putin,we have to change the whole government system imo.
P.S. Steve Rosenberg has a VERY good level of Russian. Best Russian I've ever heard from a foreigner, really impressive o_O

Guilty on all 3.
I don't remember ever feeling so much relief that a jury returned the bloody obvious result.

ETA: just a reminder of the official, contemporary report on the event. It would have been the only report of the event too, if Darnella Frazier hadn't videoed the whole thing.

Last edited:
That feeling of relief as the George Floyd murder trial verdict comes in.
tenor.gif

American cops killing black kids: www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down

Latest posts