• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

One of the many things I'm thankful for was when buying my house was knowing to make sure it was freehold. Of ourse leasehold for singular building is a massive con.

I guess when it come to apartments buildings its a lot more complicated, it should be the responsibility of the freeholder/landlord but how do they pay for it if not through the leaseholder?

Well that's it, Putin and his puppet courts have all but shut down the one "major" opposition party to him. No surprise and in reality there was never any chance of anyone winning an election against Putin, they wouldn't be allowed more votes even if they could get them.

Back to the good old days of dictatorship in Russia then, the farce of democracy barely lasted any time.

One of the many things I'm thankful for was when buying my house was knowing to make sure it was freehold. Of ourse leasehold for singular building is a massive con.

I guess when it come to apartments buildings its a lot more complicated, it should be the responsibility of the freeholder/landlord but how do they pay for it if not through the leaseholder?
It depends on the length of the lease. They can be just as good as a freehold if long enough ie. can be up to 999 years. That's the length on my grandad's old maisonette, which I inherited with my sister. Chance came along last year to also buy the freehold on it and took it up with 5 others on the same block, but own it within a company. Known as enfranchisement. Now own both the leasehold and 1/6th share of the freehold, which relates to the property. The only downer is the freehold is held with 5 others and we are liable to the terms of the lease. But maintenance and insurance is a shared cost.

The freehold interest is basically the outright ownership of land on which the block or apartments in the case of these leaseholders, is built on. The leasehold interest is the ownership of the flat itself and how long you reside in it. Yes, it is bummer the liability now for cladding on these leaseholders, but as I understand in land law it is correct. These affected leaseholders just need financial help because this cladding issue is not their fault and a lot are sitting in unsaleable properties right now.

In your Case you own the freehold to your house ie the land and the bricks and mortar that your house is made up of,which is the best thing. At least you know you are fully responsible for your house.

Freezing Game Of Thrones GIF

I'm just glad we've got a strong, stable government to lead us into this new post Brexit era. It would be worrying if we were a global laughing stock and our PM couldn't be trusted as far as you can throw him but luckily we don't have to worry about that

I'd get ready for another decade, at least, of banging your head, sadly
They'll pull themselves apart I wouldn't hold much hope whilst Johnson is there but they'll take him down eventually. Nobody else is made of as much Teflon we saw how quickly they could plummet under May. Once there is a change in leadership whilst I don't hold out much hope at the next GE (and 80 seat majority is almost impossible to overhaul in one go) the one after that there's some hope. As the Fixed Term Parliament Act appears utterly useless (reality is it did what it was supposed to and stop the LD's or Tories just pulling the plug on the coalition) in stopping snap elections I wouldn't be surprised if we had 2-3 before the decade is out.

I want to know at what point do people stop letting them blame anyone else for the way they've run the country.

30 years later, "We're still fixing the mess we inherited from Labour in 2010."

I want to know at what point do people stop letting them blame anyone else for the way they've run the country.

30 years later, "We're still fixing the mess we inherited from Labour in 2010."
Well they'll be using the old chestnut of the EU, won't have a fishing industry by then....

Need a recording like Watergate to bring Bojo down over his pile the bodies up comm. Even then only if the Tory back 1922 committee benchers revolted to bring him down.

Slightly better polling news,

Wouldn't really say that's better, half the country having no problem with the PM saying he'd prefer to watch people die en masse and all his corruption.

As I have asked many times, what is the limit where enough is enough? Apparently we have discovered for half the country having a PM preferring people die isn't the limit so what is?

Latest posts