• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Lots of talk about if Starmer looses Hartlepool this week (an area that voted 70% Brexit), honestly you look at the historical vote since 2010 and its been going a long time.

They probably only saved it in 2017 by a sheer lack of alternative candidates on the left/independent and a split right vote (if UKIP/Tory hadn't been split you wonder how close they would of got with a realistic chance).

Its one of those people will spin a sotry out of it but probably isn't worth reading much into especially with 50billion alternative candidates.

For balance... Not that that's generally that popular here
Which is simply untrue (your comment, not Nadine's clarification - which is useful, but the original was far from "pretty clear" before that clarification). Or is your argument that left wingers should make the right wingers' arguments before them?

I'd still be interested which of Hartlepool's 92k resitends will be working these extra 180k jobs. It would be nice to have some clarification of why Brexit was necessary in order to create Free Ports - rather than more (often factually incorrect) assertions.

Last edited:

Her second tweet makes even less sense than the first,

What link did she make and how the hell is pretty clear? Cause I can't find it anywhere on her twitter page.

EDIT: Her proof it literally quoting the original misleading tweet.

Freeports also can exist without Brexit occurring its just something the government is putting a fair amount of grift on to claim otherwise.

Ever consider that reality isn't a perfect balance between 2 groups, that if the Conservatives are actually being corrupt and lying the balanced view will show them doing so? Very easy to talk about new jobs you have supposedly made whilst being quiet on the ones you have destroyed.

For a laugh...

But regarding the freeport claim it's always a case that people will just believe what they read instead of checking the claim.

I remember a conversation with a woman who voted to leave the EU because of the laws we have to follow. One included not wrapping our fish and chips in newspaper which the UK had done for years.

Turned out it was the British government who changed that law, but even with being presented with the facts, wouldn't believe it.

Last edited:

For a laugh...

But regarding the freeport claim it's always a case that people will just believe what they read instead of checking the claim.

I remember a conversation with a woman who voted to leave the EU because of the laws we have to follow. One included not wrapping our fish and chips in newspaper which the UK had done for years.

Turned out it was the British government who changed that law, but even with being presented with the facts, wouldn't believe it.

That's utterly ridiculous. My parents had a fish and chip shop way back in the 80s and 90s and never used newspaper to wrap their fish and chips. Hardly missed either and a bloody health hazard.

I wonder if he genuinely thinks he has a chance at winning, or whether he's just willing to to take a humiliating defeat to launch his career on some right wing news channel or whatever

I wonder if he genuinely thinks he has a chance at winning, or whether he's just willing to to take a humiliating defeat to launch his career on some right wing news channel or whatever

It's interesting. My gut says no way he thinks he's winning this and as you say he's just using it as a platform for something else but on the other hand he's got his head so far up his own arse that it makes you think maybe he does think he has a chance.

It's interesting. My gut says no way he thinks he's winning this and as you say he's just using it as a platform for something else but on the other hand he's got his head so far up his own arse that it makes you think maybe he does think he has a chance.
Seen the Farage gift work so well thinking he want some of that.

Almost certainly eyeing up TalkRadio or Gammon News.

I'd vote Binface got good policies will be hilarious. Vote Khan second for sensibleness, who's doing an okay job and mainly get blames for stuff out of his control.

Latest posts