• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'm out of the loop a bit but is Poops like massively worse than what Arlene was?

It appeared at the end of her tenure Arlene Foster had began to mellow due to exposure to Westminster.

Poots as a hardcore Free Presbyterian was always a massive step down from Foster.

DUP are just a mess. Making Sinn Fein look more and more competent by the day.

GettyImages-1232886037-1320x877.jpg

I'm no master of fashion but damn that is a comically badly fitting suit, he looks like a character like a Mr Bean of politics.

I've had colds longer than Edwin spent leading the DUP. Enjoy retirement you inbred! Man had a chin like a beginner ski slope.

What a win!
Yeah looking at historical results that's massive. It is a by election and the LD historically were very good at these and should remember how to run local campaigns. Usually the party of power does **** combined with low turnout.

It continues the trend though in the south after the local elections of of Tory support really doing poorly in once strong area. We can only hope it continues.

Yep, the swing from a Tory majority of 16k (2019) to 8k for the Lib Dems is pretty significant.

Also terrible for labour, 622 votes.
Probably one of those "don't read too much" results or quite more probably "reading the wrong thing". I'm unsure how much effort Labour actually put into the campaign and the LD's definitely did, a friend in Milton Keynes kept getting emails to go help out the LD's. Support for other "progressive parties" when an actual result can occur will usually plummet as people are likely to tactically vote its fair to say in most LD majorities especially of the past their voters might more Lab inclined than Tories. Hence the complete collapse of 2015.

Its a great result for "Not the Tories" and LD's, terrible for Conservatives (especially as it came out of nowhere) and a who knows for everyone else.

Batley and Spen might be a fair one to judge Labour current predicament up North, its obtainable by the Tories but requires a big swing and only in 2015 have right leaning parties manage over 50%. It should noted there 50billion spoiler parties in that one though and George Galloway has reared his ugly head in it.

Also terrible for labour, 622 votes.

Listening to a few people from the area they said Labour had no presence before the vote, it was all Liberal Democrats.

Political commentator on LBC just said Labour stood back and let Lib Dems fight it out

Listening to a few people from the area they said Labour had no presence before the vote, it was all Liberal Democrats.

Political commentator on LBC just said Labour stood back and let Lib Dems fight it out
Regardless, losing your deposit is a pretty bad look

Yeah they may not have actively contested, but less than 1000 votes is pretty bad.

If only anyone knew what the LDs stood for any more, or even who their leader is.

I've recently come across Byline TV and I must admit it's very good.

Latest posts