• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

On this last bit, different shows seem to have different balances of report / opinion but they're clear throughout about what they are.

They were clear from the offset that they were not going to just be a rolling news channel - anyone with that assumption likely has not watched it / has only assumed that because of the comparisons to other channels.

Snow and KGM are blatantly left leaning in their reporting but often masquerade as neutral - when presenters (who are clear that they aren't simply news readers) GB news makes clear that they have their own biases but seem to do a good job at the moment of actively challenging them as well which makes for some really fantastic debate.

Again though - watch and make your own mind up if you want to keep watching - always good to have options. The social media freak out that this is some alt right project that needs cancelling is far from the truth however

A look at the scheduling would show they are not exactly being as balanced as they claim. Nearly all are heavily right leaning, a fair few Brexit supporting with no obvious left leaning or Brexit opposing candidates during primetime hours. The schedule is very clearly right wing, the styling is based on Fox news and the branding itself is as a reactionary channel to "the media" and left wing censorship, both right wing talking points. Unfortunately I think people have forgotten what unbiased means, it does not mean presenting both sides as equal, nor does presenting the opposite of what you have branded biased news make you unbiased.

A look at the scheduling would show they are not exactly being as balanced as they claim. Nearly all are heavily right leaning, a fair few Brexit supporting with no obvious left leaning or Brexit opposing candidates during primetime hours. The schedule is very clearly right wing, the styling is based on Fox news and the branding itself is as a reactionary channel to "the media" and left wing censorship, both right wing talking points. Unfortunately I think people have forgotten what unbiased means, it does not mean presenting both sides as equal, nor does presenting the opposite of what you have branded biased news make you unbiased.
I meant the guests rather than simply the hosts - the shows are happy to have that debate, or as much as I have seen do anyway.

Nobody is truly unbiased so the best you can do is read both the telegraph and the guardian / watch GB news and Channel 4 etc and you end up with a fairly well rounded view I think.

Anyone watch RT news and the Russia slant?
I watch Russia 24 in Russian, that's the only one Russian channel I have in Poland..RT was in English so I was rarely watching it and this channel is banned now anyway. Sometimes also watch different Russian channels online in Internet

The only time I switch over from BBC news is when they are trying ram down my throat the news story of the Royal family. Otherwise I quite like the tone and coverage of BBC, ITV news channel 4 and Sky news channels. Watching some of the news coverage from USA. - CNBC, Fox and their editorial style news coverage, I am hoping they don't bring over here and start a culture war. But unfortunately it is inevitable. Anyone watch RT news and the Russia slant?
I watch RT news now and again for a bit of giggle. They don't even try and pretend they are bias but you do get some stories you wouldn't normally get you just have to take what they say with a pinch of gulag salt. Al Jezzia is always worth a look IMO

Looking at the site I find it interesting. Depending on how it's organised it could either be a seen as something good that tries to unite all people. Something unionist to try and persuade people the union is best. Something nationalistic to try promote nationalism in Britain.

Personally, the government asking all children to sing it it more on the nationalism side and definitely echoes the USA.

Seriously though to subject the kids to this is sickening.

Reminds me of how bad the Lions anthem Back in 2005 was. But at least that was binned.

Make of it what you will I'm off to vomit.

north korea applause GIF

Don't tell Unionists in Northern Ireland, but it seems they've forgotten about us again...

Last edited:

Latest posts